It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS, US soldier kidnapped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
News is just coming in that a US soldier has been kidnapped in an Iraq city,

More to follow,.........................

(update)

He was taken in Samara north of bagdad.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by asala]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
how the heck to you kidnap a soldier dont thoes guys carry guns?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Its not the first time a soldier has been kidnapped. The last one was excicuted by being shot in the back of the head while on his knees.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
LINK

finally a link,

SAMARRA, Iraq (Reuters) - Insurgents have captured an American soldier in the city of Samarra, north of Baghdad, an Iraqi police spokesman said Tuesday.
Lt. Col. Mohammed Ahmed of Samarra police told reporters the soldier had been seized Monday night by gunmen in two Opel cars. He said U.S. troops were out in force in the streets of the Sunni Muslim city Tuesday.

A U.S. military spokesman said he had no information on the incident. Ahmed said the Americans had alerted Iraqi security forces and asked them to look out for the missing soldier.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
asala,

The link says "We're sorry...this story is not available."

OK, now it's showing up. They must have been updating as I was trying to link.

[edit on 11-2-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
asala,

The link says "We're sorry...this story is not available."

OK, now it's showing up. They must have been updating as I was trying to link.

[edit on 11-2-2004 by Valhall]

Mabe only after the election

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Makes you wonder how can they allow themselves to be captured by the these muslims..

ITS BEEN DENIED

SAMARRA, Iraq (Reuters) - The U.S. military denied on Tuesday an Iraqi police report that insurgents had captured an American soldier in Samarra, north of Baghdad.

A U.S. military spokesman said the 1st Infantry Division, whose operating area includes Samarra, had reported "100 percent accountability of their soldiers at this time."

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
how the heck to you kidnap a soldier dont thoes guys carry guns?

Good Question, WHO screwed up this time, Where's the security?
SOMEONE STOP THE MADNESS......Our own people can't even keep from being kidnapped and they have tanks,guns,rockets,and a bad attitude!!!

STOP THE MADNESS THIS IS GETTING, (What am I saying getting) THIS IS OUT OF HAND!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 2/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Makes you wonder how can they allow themselves to be captured by the these muslims

Thinker, you don't think much do you....

You must be brainwashed....

A muslim did not capture the U.S. Soldier....It was a Mexican, yeah, a Mexican. You see some of the Texans went and Stole Tijuana, and they decided to steal an American Soldier....So it was a mexican....oh - would thinker say 'Catholic' Oh yeah, you call people by their assumed religion...I forgot...thats why they call you Thinker right...to remind you to THINK

Maybe he is a muslim, but it is definately for sure he is someone fighting a foreign invader....

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Or maybe Bush and his people dont want us to know a whole platoon was kidnapped, after all when they make things sound good, they end up being 100000000 times worse.

They said their would be WMD's , so we sent in men and low and behold no WMDs and over 1,5oo are dead.

They said shock and awe was a victory, but we have over 1,500 men dead.

Don't forget the innocents and everythings else thats dead!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Not sure and maybe I am wrong (wouldn't be the first time)
but it seems to me that this may be the start of the insurgents actually fighting
back and doing what they said by releasing a serious retaliation on the coalition forces. as a citizen of the United States I am torn I feel badly for the all of the soldiers in field US troops and otherwise. I also feel like what the hell did we expect I mean you can't just go in and take someones life away and think they will just lay down and say Okay that sounds good to me at anyrate I guess we wil l just have to wait and see.

geo

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
According to this, it was men in two cars that seized the soldier. I am a soldier in the reserves, and if I was out of direct contact with my unit and faced with two carloads of armed men, my single weapon will not do me much good, it would be a sure death sentence to fire on them at that point. However, I could allow myself to be seized, then that raises the possibility of a later escape or rescue.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripnastic
According to this, it was men in two cars that seized the soldier. I am a soldier in the reserves, and if I was out of direct contact with my unit and faced with two carloads of armed men, my single weapon will not do me much good, it would be a sure death sentence to fire on them at that point. However, I could allow myself to be seized, then that raises the possibility of a later escape or rescue.

AND BEHEADING IS NOT A SURE DEATH SENTENCE, what ever happened to strength in numbers. with all the bombings does't any one think walking around in a war zone might warrant not letting people walk around alone, even more so with the elections of Iraq and today the US?

HE*L Bush probably arranged it to be able to rescue him so he can be a hero and win the election at the last minute before polls opened

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well looks like the Story is being denied??

Check out the ATSnn story on this,

ATSNN STORY

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

AND BEHEADING IS NOT A SURE DEATH SENTENCE, what ever happened to strength in numbers. with all the bombings does't any one think walking around in a war zone might warrant not letting people walk around alone, even more so with the elections of Iraq and today the US?

HE*L Bush probably arranged it to be able to rescue him so he can be a hero and win the election at the last minute before polls opened

You will not be beheaded if you manage to escape or be rescued. That was my point. Better to give yourself a 1% chance rather than attempting to act like Rambo and go down in a blaze of glory. And for all we know this guy walked down an alley by himself to relieve himself, there are strength in numbers, but that doesn't mean you won't have someone do something human i.e. stupid.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You will not be beheaded if you manage to escape or be rescued. That was my point. Better to give yourself a 1% chance rather than attempting to act like Rambo and go down in a blaze of glory. And for all we know this guy walked down an alley by himself to relieve himself, there are strength in numbers, but that doesn't mean you won't have someone do something human i.e. stupid.

I understand your point, its just disheartening that another mother is going to get a call about her child, and according to your 1% figure it
is 99% more like the call will be from second lewey saying Ma'am It
is my regret to inform you ,,,,,,,,,,and well you may note know the rest word
for word, but trust me. The issue goes down hill from there. I look at these
mothers and am inraged that all I can do is say, Your child has gone home
to be with God , feel comfort there"s no more pain, no more suffering........

You know what those mothers say 9 times out of ten why did my child die,
did my child die bravely in combat, etc.

Now what do you tell this mother , if this child don't come home......I can't say I have ever worked with the mother of a beheading, what can you say,
can you give the death enough dignity to comfort her????? What do you do.

I hope I never find out how to help a mother, who saw her son or daughter beheaded on the internet, I can't give her answers not the ones she wants atleast ......and you NEVER say I dont know to a mother in grief, never........To God, I hope and pray you see this mothers child out of his trials safely, so some clergy man wont have to hold that mother and try to stumble for these answers.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What is going on now, is this going to be the new trend now, kidnaping US soldiers and executions on TV.

This will be the last drop if we have to witness our own troops dying in front of our TVs.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What is going on now, is this going to be the new trend now, kidnaping US soldiers and executions on TV.

This will be the last drop if we have to witness our own troops dying in front of our TVs.

When this gets to be a trend,, Lord protect me, cause I'm going to march right into the White House and take the Presidents RED BUTTON away.
Then I'm going to punch him right in the nose. It's bad enough unarmed civilians are suffering this fate, but I always had hope the military could do something to stop it ........now they are as helpless to this fate at unarmed civilians and they have tanks. That more than makes the point BUSH you screwed up now you have all these coalition soldiers you suckered into a death trap.

You suck MR BUSH In my not so humble opinion!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There are all types of ways to capture a soldier. Use sappers to sneak up on an LP/OP, find some soldiers who are sleeping on watch, put a knife to their throat and wake their asses up... You can do it in a raid... You can isolate someone in a convoy, say they end up dismounting from a destroyed vehicle and get grabbed before they can be rescued... You can wait till the soldiers go to a brothel or go out on the town and have insurgents get the drop on them... They can be captured from helicopter crashes that place them in a hot zone... Hell earlier in Afghanistan a guy fell out of a helicopter. Soldiers can become lost and isolated and taken prisoner. Early in OIF Pvt. Lynch was taken captive. People have short memories.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
There are all types of ways to capture a soldier. Use sappers to sneak up on an LP/OP, find some soldiers who are sleeping on watch, put a knife to their throat and wake their asses up... You can do it in a raid... You can isolate someone in a convoy, say they end up dismounting from a destroyed vehicle and get grabbed before they can be rescued... You can wait till the soldiers go to a brothel or go out on the town and have insurgents get the drop on them... They can be captured from helicopter crashes that place them in a hot zone... Hell earlier in Afghanistan a guy fell out of a helicopter. Soldiers can become lost and isolated and taken prisoner. Early in OIF Pvt. Lynch was taken captive. People have short memories.

Help MOM HE SCARES ME ............SICKO

top topics

join