It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality TV a real life conspiracy against the western world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have been checking out several reality tv shows in the past month or so, drawn into them is more like it because what started as a curiosity in a program called Honey Boo boo, turned into a whole line up of other shows that were to me basically dehumanizing our western way of life and creating some kind of weird view of how Americans live their lives and interact with one another.

Other shows include but are not limited to ones like Duck Dynasty and Gator something or other, American Gypsies, hoarders buried alive, Preppers, as well as lottery winners revealed, all of the Nanny shows, wife swaps, and so many others that have taken over prime time.

It is as if they are trying to create a major marginalization of westerners in general. To me this is very dangerous and setting up something where when it all goes down there will be nobody to stand up and fight for us.

They will have no empathy, no compassion, it will only fuel the fires of a burn the witch mentality, as if we the people are responsible for the acts of cruelty set upon the world by the vested interests in taking us down.

Get rid of us, take out most of the population and then they can bring in people from other countries like China that is over crowded and sick from their pollution.

I do not know anyone who acts like the people in any of those shows. It is a sick depiction of Americans, their families, friends, coworkers and neighbors.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I have a friend that does chainsaw ice artwork in Houston. He was featured a few years back on the show Chainsaw Ice Sculptors. He said that he and two of his helpers were offloading some ice art that they had made for an exhibit and the shows producer came up to him and said, "Hey man, why don't you get one of your guys to drop one of your sculptures and then you totally bitch him out and say that you only have 30 minutes to make a new one." So he said he did exactly what the producer asked. One of his guys dropped a sculpture, he yelled at him and was like, "I only have 30 minutes before the exhibit starts and I have to make a new one!" He said in reality he had like 3 hours. Its all scripted. All of it. I think alot of it is because they want people to think this is how "real" people think and act. Like spoiled tempermental children. I can't watch any of these shows because it feels like I opened up my head and poured a trashcan in there. But so many people talk about these shows like they are real. Its sad and pathetic.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
shows that were to me basically dehumanizing our western way of life and creating some kind of weird view of how Americans live their lives and interact with one another.

That's definitely what they're there for. Everybody loves a buffoon. Look at shows like Wife Swap and Trading Spouses. You think it was an accident that they put mismatched couples together? The whole point of reality shows like these are to show an exaggeration of American life. That's what satire is all about.

Nobody wants to see an all-American golden family mowing the lawn and cleaning the pool and folding socks and balancing their checkbooks.

To me this is very dangerous and setting up something where when it all goes down there will be nobody to stand up and fight for us.

Huh? How is it dangerous? Specify! What's going to go down? Why would anybody stand up and save us? Who are you expecting to do this exactly?

They will have no empathy, no compassion, it will only fuel the fires of a burn the witch mentality, as if we the people are responsible for the acts of cruelty set upon the world by the vested interests in taking us down.

Do other non-Western parts of the world even watch tripe like Honey Boo Boo? I really don't think anybody cares.

Get rid of us, take out most of the population and then they can bring in people from other countries like China that is over crowded and sick from their pollution.

Well, you did promise us a conspiracy in the works
but I still have no clue what you're getting at here. People are going to be so fed up with reality shows that they won't care about their neighbors anymore? Is that what you're trying to say? Do you really think everyone is so out-of-touch with the people in their lives that they think reality TV shows epitomize the behavior and lifestyles of their friends, family, and neighbors?

I do not know anyone who acts like the people in any of those shows. It is a sick depiction of Americans, their families, friends, coworkers and neighbors.

Refer back to that word: satire- the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
dictionary.reference.com...
It's meant to be an exaggeration, and not a norm. My advice? Turn off the TV.

edit on 26-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I think that what the OP is getting at is that people from all over the world will watch this garbage and think this is how Americans really act and behave, and why would'nt they? It is after all "reality TV." Even people in America act like this crap is all real. And yes people in other countries do watch American shows. America produces more TV shows and movies than any other nation. Even most of the foreign TV shows are just remakes of American TV shows.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

the " key " to reality TV shows - is to find one epsisode of a show that addresses an issue you are intimatly familiar with - and watch it - till you cannot take any more [ this should take about 05 ~ 15 minuites ] , you will then realise that " reality TV " is false advertising .

then watch 5 min of any other randmly selected " reality TV " show - and you will see the nature of the beast - its all a scripted formula

resukt - never watch another " reality " show ever again

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Real Housewives, Joan knows best, American top model, the one where little girls are paraded as sex symbols in the name of pageantry, came to mind as well...

The date matchmaker, Donald Trumps show, and then they throw in shows like Freakshow, a show about freaks trying to fit in and be as normal as they can be.

The American made kids shows too! NONE of the kids in kids reality and sitcom (canned LOL) shows acts anything like the kids I know.

edit on 26-3-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I think you're reading too much into this...

Here's why these shows succeed.... It's the Jerry Springer formula. Show the lives of people who are even more f'd up than you are, and people enjoy seeing it. Helps them feel better about themselves...

I like to prep...but man, most of those on Doomsday Preppers come off as off their rockers....

My wife and ranch gal love watching the Gypsy shows...because as much as they like bling...they realize these gals are over the top.

Same reason the tabloids work...people love feeling better about themselves...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by antar

I like to prep...but man, most of those on Doomsday Preppers come off as off their rockers....

I think they do this on purpose. Just so the "prepper" label might as well be called crazy. If you mention anything about prepping to anyone else most people are like, "Oh yeah, I saw a TV show about that stuff." And write you off as a conspiracy nutjob. Same thing with the Ancient Aliens show. I think they purposely get the craziest looking people (like that guy with the hair that looks like he is always falling out of a building) with some of the craziest theories so that if anyone even remotely shares any of their views they can be labeled as a "Aliens did everything" nutjob.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I admit my daughter and I love the Gypsy/Rom show too, BUT in all reality no women could ever get along and back one another as they do without there being a totally different side tot he story.

Edit to say that I have read as much as possible of your comments about the show Doomsday peppers and couldn't agree more with your views.
edit on 26-3-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Look back at a more simple time in our American history and the TV shows that went along with those times. Did they in a way help to shape the way people lived their lives? What products they chose to have in their homes to clean dishes or laundry with?

Shows like Andy Griffith , Father knows best, The Lone Ranger, Rawhide, Bonanza, Leave it to Beaver, Lassie, The Honeymooners, Dick Van Dyke, I love Lucy, Gun Smoke, Car 54 where are you, Dragnet, Ozzie and Harriet, Flipper, Cuklafran and Ollie.

These types of shows usually had some form of moral compass, something about the goodness in each of us and that any challenge no matter what could be faced with unity, understanding and cooperation.

A Far cry from the madness we see spewing out on TV viewers today. In the olden times families could sit together to watch shows that lightened the heart and the whole mood of the family. TV commercials did not embarrass everyone and were not bombarding you with dangerous substances and lawsuit commercials for those who did take the drugs and now have health problems and or even death.

Is it any wonder why parents and adults watch TV separate from their children? Less time together means less family unity but the shows adults are attracted to are often inappropriate for younger viewers or even aged adult family members.

It is shocking and mortifying to the elderly to watch TV today other than stations like TV land that play a constant stream of the classic oldies. (When our Grandpa lived with us, we would have to QUICKLY freeze the Tv when he came into the room to shield him from shows like Spartacus or The Walking Dead, NO WAY!!! )

For Children to catch glimpses of heads being rolled down a corridor in a CSI facility while the people strolling along discuss what they want for lunch... too much and then they say that it is a video game that causes children to turn on society, become sociopaths and lose touch with reality or of their emotions and are shut down to empathy.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Honey boo boo needs a kick in her ass ass. most of these shows do.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I think alot of it depends on the child thats doing the watching also. A nervous child with an active imagination should probably not watch shows like The Walking dead (which I love btw.) But a responsible kid that understands that none of it is real would take it for what it is. Just a TV show. Same thing with video games. I was always a responsible kid and carried myself alot more like an adult when I was young. Mom would let me watch whatever I wanted and play whatever games I wanted because she knew that I knew that none of it was real. You should see some of the TV commercials and shows that they play in Europe. Pretty racy stuff. Americans tend to want to shelter their kids and act like the world is all people playing nice with each other. I don't know if I agree with that, but I do agree with your OP about reality TV making people dumber. SnF for you.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hi antar, I agree, tv sucks nowadays! A few times I've had to suffer through watching a reality show while visiting someone or some such. Reality, my tutu. Most of those shows seem to always be about humiliating, belittling someone or constant complaining, ( wanted to use the "b" word but...).
Anyhow, many of the shows are demeaning and ridiculous. Survivor my tutu...with camera crews there...sure, those folks are all alone fighting the elements.

When I was a kid, (long ago),
I played with crayons and sketch pads and got so good at it, was able to make some money as an artist in later life. Playing with dolls and pretend nurturing....I became a nurse in later life. So much is lost to kids nowadays...too much tv and computer time, video games. My one grandson spends over 6 to 8 hours a day in his room at the computer or his large flat screen tv. He's so pale. Kids a long time ago didn't lack Vitamin D so much. We enjoyed the sun, the beach, fishing, the smell after a nice spring rain, chasing butterflies and fireflies, catching tadpoles.

I agree..too much tv anymore. A few reality shows may be ok but so many are not. All those shows meant to scare folks are too off the beam. Haunted this and haunted that...Sci-fi was one thing but scarey stuff presented as the real deal, not such a good idea. Way to much blood and gore and forensic shows. Why can't the injuries be "implied" instead of being presented in such a realistic manner. Heads rolling and people eating people...yikes.

I use my tv mostly as a monitor now to play old movies that I like. A few are violent and such but no kids at home anymore so that's another thing. Some folks can be too over protective of kids but yet sometimes some limits are a good thing...it depends. Thanx for a good post/thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Big Bang Theory for the win.
Not reality but still the best.

-SAP-

top topics

join