It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I find "Tweets" from locals experiencing the collapse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ok I admit it, I am so bad on computers and even social networking sites like Twitter.

I am looking for tweeters from Cypress who are on the scene and able to tell it like it is rather than having to get the watered down or over hyped version from the media whores.

I have so many questions for the average person going through this experiment of monetary collapse.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction?
edit on 26-3-2013 by antar because: Oops "W"

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

This site seems to be able to pull in the tweets by location.
Local Chirps

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They're mostly written in a different language. Do you plan to use Google Translate?
(No sarcasm meant.)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

One of the best ways I have found to try and track tweets is using topsy.com

If you're just looking for general information, use a keyword. If you want something more specific use a hashtag. I'm finding most tweets are tagged #cyprus.

From there it is just finding a source you feel comfortable with. (If you are using Chrome having the Google translate plugin helps.)

ETA: found another hashtag and a few twitter users:
#cythatakataferoume
@ iKyriacos
@ IMFOUTOFCYPRUS
@iordanou
edit on 26-3-2013 by OneisOne because: add info

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thank you everyone, I will try all the suggestions. Seems like it would make for a really interesting thread to see what some of the locals say about this situation don't you think?

I think about the 01 collapse in Argentina and how the people fared during that terrible time. The rich were out of sight as always, the middle class generally had reserves of Gold and silver to draw upon but the already struggling population were reduced to survival mode which lead to doing things they would have never otherwise done just to eat or survive.

If we can learn from every source we can find other than the msmockery, then we will all have a better chance of knowing when it is going to affect us and our current systems.

One thing for certain is that the NWO and global banking unification is going down, Cypress is as we all know just the tip of an experiment iceberg.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Arggg, I need more sleep right now...

Ok embarrassing as it is I have been spelling Cyress rather than "Cyprus" Duh, lol!

That alone will help.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I can not count the number of times a misspelling on my part has derailed my search abilities, so I understand!

Check my post again I added in another hashtag and some twitter users that look to be local and vocal!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Oh man, I think 'you' would do a great job starting a thread about the real people of Cyprus! Go for it and link me through u2u system if you do and I will gladly join the discussion and follow your links.

(I would feel a little guilty at this point with all the work you ahve already done)

Let me know . Now off to check out your links!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Some of the interesting comments made that caught my eye so far:

iordanou George Iordanou
@EdRooksby def not relieved. Worried, terrified, anxious, no one knows what will happen, everyone knows they will be much worse off. >

iordanou George Iordanou
@EdRooksby Greek Cypriots were traditionally pro-European. Now they question both the EU and the Greeks who did not support them >

ioannaonline Ioanna
@iordanou I have a source who says teachers were instructed by the parliament to tell students their absences would be unexcused.

iordanou George Iordanou
The EU received the Nobel Peace Prize a few months before its unelected elites overnight impoverished the people of #Cyprus. #irony

And these comments were from only the first few links of one source you shared with us!!! Unbelieveable, there is much to be learned from listening/reading what the people who are right there are experiencing. I hope the world will listen to them and not allow this to snowball down through the rest of the EU and then the rest of the planet before it corrects itself into the real bankster system of the NWO>

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Another link says that there are protests in the streets, do we or have we seen this on msm outlets yet?

imfoutofcyprus Alliance for Cyprus

People taking photographs from the protests, please contact the page so you are given access to our sharing.

s #HandsOffCyprus #Cyprus People start gathering outside presidential palace. No TV coverage —
www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

You are very sweet, but I'm more of a researcher than an author. If you want to start a thread, I am all for it!

You asked about media coverage. I really do not watch TV news because all of the mistakes, manipulation and inconsistencies drive me insane. I spend the entire time yelling at the TV, which then drives my husband insane!

I did find a CNBC reporter tweeting locally yesterday. I didn't include her in the list because you wanted non-media sources. I checked the CNBC website this morning and, for now, it looks like Cyprus is their top story.

She has tweeted some pics and her adventures in trying to find cash at ATMs. If you want to check out her feed it is @MCaruso_Cabrera

If you need any more assistance in finding sources, just let me know. I would be more than happy to help!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Just saw on FOX Closing Bell..stock market , money management channel...

Cyprus has suspended cashing of all checks. But, not depositing of checks. No mention of how long this new order will be in place. People are outraged they can't cash their paychecks....

Des

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I think about how in America most of the paychecks in the past several years have been set up for direct deposit. In fact my Brother who is an RN said that he was not able to even get a paycheck unless it was direct deposit.

All of SSI, Pensions and the rest are direct deposit. So it would be a nightmare if what is happening in Cyprus begins to happen here as well. When your money comes in from tax returns and such and you are not able to access it?

Big jobs pay by check and you are not able to cash them ? A limit on ATM withdraws if you can even take the time to stand in line.

I truly see many of the same lead ups and red flags as what was/is happening in Cyprus starting here, but is our Country "Too Big to Fail"?

I have run into glitches in banking in the past year, things like making large purchases that are denied. I call the bank and it is oked. They say it is for my own protection, but it did not feel right.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

And a darn good one you are! Thanks for your leads my friend, let me know if ever I can help you in return.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for the update Des!

Wow, I would be pissed! What a way to make sure there's money in the accounts for when they raid them. What a bunch of scumbags!

Just saw that they are limiting credit card use by the residents abroad. They will only be allowed to spend up to 5,000 euros ($6,400) a month. But for those on the island they can spend as much as they want.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'm shocked how little MSM coverage this is getting. I've seen, on the FOX business channel, some footage of some pretty massive protests in Cyprus. But, not much more. Our stock market is dropping, and it's being attributed to the events in Cyprus.

I tell you. If my whole country implemented a policy of not being able to cash a check, nor take any but a small, regulated amount of money out of my bank account...I'd be really p*ssed!

From what I'm reading online, it's getting pretty bad, as goods are not moving to keep things running smoothly. Stores are starting to show a lack of some foods. Pleople have stopped shipping on orders, because they are not sure of getting paid.

Des

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

From what I'm reading online, it's getting pretty bad, as goods are not moving to keep things running smoothly. Stores are starting to show a lack of some foods. Pleople have stopped shipping on orders, because they are not sure of getting paid.

Des

I read that too. Empty containers going out, no new goods coming in.

Something occurred to me yesterday that is kind of wacky and tinfoil hatty, but I can't seem to shake it. Here goes...

With Cyprus being an island could it be that this is a "test" to see how the population reacts to this type of crisis and thieving of money? I read today that there are 750 G4S security personal brought in to help 'move the money' and 'deal with panic'. Also today a story about the Chinese General that is in charge of 850 UN peace keeping troops that police the 112 mile Greek and Turkish buffer zone. Then a few days ago I read that the UK sent a million euro cash for it's troops on the island to borrow from incase they can not get cash out of ATMs.

I don't know, it all just made my tinfoil hat tingle.

new topics

top topics

join