It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italys Overturns Amanda Knox Murder Aquittal, Orders New Trial

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by destination now

Don't even try to pull that crap ...

Grow up isn't but......!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

So the big question is what sort of person does that?

A young person who knows they aren't guilty and expect to be released.
Someone who is burning off nervous energy or who doesn't understand
how serious a situation they are in because they dont' speak the language.
Who knows. But it's NOT an automatic indicator of guilt in murder.
Hard core evidence is an indicator .. and that's not hard core evidence.

Is it really necessary to use bad language?

... says the person who started calling my posting 'irrational' and 'emotional' and now 'bizzare'.
Clean up your own posts before you try to correct others (who don't need correcting) on their posting styles. "Grow up' isn't bad language.

Her flatmate was found with her throat slit, half naked in the house they shared...and you're putting her behaviour down to someone who doesn't understand the situation they were in...None of the other housemates were doing cartwheels! And there IS hard evidence, you're just choosing to ignore it...

Calling someone irrational is not using bad language...using the word "crap" to describe someone's post is...

But there's no point having any further discussion with you as you seem to want to reduce it to a slanging match between America and the rest of the world...Good luck with that!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

?

Maybe you could include more of how that evolved?

What about the bar owner?

Was he in lust for Meridith?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

??

What did you not understand? I extracted the part of the post which Destiny was referring to as in bad language!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
[
What about the bar owner?

Was he in lust for Meridith?

He has a strong alibi. He was telling the truth about his whereabouts. He was soon acquitted of everything. He even won a court case against Knox for lying about him being the perpetrator.

Now tell me, why would a young person (such as you & me) lie about her whereabouts, her alibi even incriminate other people in a time when all she had to do is tell the truth so that police can catch the real murderer. How would you act if your roommate was killed in a room next to yours?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

You seem to be very emotionally invested in this case

Sorry but your comments on this case are bordering on the irrational...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Ah, his friends backed him up.

The problem with police interrogations is that they always come up with inconsistent testimony.

Still waiting on real evidence.

How would a murderer react?

edit on 26-3-2013 by poet1b because: Add last comment.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Perhaps not cartwheeling around police station and sitting on her boyfriend's lap after hearing about the murder of her flatmate and waiting to be questioned would have given the police a different perspective of her.

Perhaps not sitting in court smiling and joking during her trial would have give the public a different perspective of her .

Perhaps not writing a book that will be made into a movie and lining up TV appearances after her appeal acquittal would allow the true victim's family, the Kerchers to move on without the knowledge that their daughter's death has made one of the prime suspects very wealthy

And sorry I disagree that there was no evidence against Knox and Sollecito, there was, but it was mishandled by the Italian police, that was what enabled the appeal and subsequent acquittal on a technicality, there was still no dispute that the 37 different knife wounds were indeed administered by at least two different people and the Kerchers quite rightly want the answers to that amongst other things.

How do you tell if different people administered the wounds? Does the court consult with crystal balls?

What evidence was there linking either Amanda or her boyfriend to the murder? As i recall, and i followed the case in the news at the time, there was ZERO evidence that either were present when the murder took place.

As far as the cart wheels, who knows if that even happened but a few minutes blowing off steam during a long ordeal is enough for you to convict someone for murder? I would hat to have you on a jury.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Cartwheels sound like the actions of an emotionally immature person in denial.

Not a murderer.

And it seems that is the basis for her conviction.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Try reading all of mine and others replies before re-hashing questions that have already been answered...

blowing off steam? She hadn't been questioned at all by that point, she had just found out that her flatmate had been brutally murdered and sexually assaulted...doing the splits and cartwheels combined with the inappropriate behaviour with Sollecito is not just blowing off steam, it's an incredibly strange and disturbing way to act in the circumstances

ETA sorry all of the above is directed to the poster I replied to and to Poet1b see above re your dismissal of the above as the actions of emotionally immature person, I think it's a bit more than that!

edit on 26-3-2013 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Didn't read all the posts. Just saw this on Yahoo news (yeah I know) and got me thinking a little.

At this point, we can b!tch and complain a lot about our country here in the USA but at least for now, you cannot be tried twice for a crime. The fact that this is even remotely possible anywhere in the world makes one think about the things we take for granted.

Just saying...

Not pleased with how things are going in our great experiment, but in comparison...I suppose we do still have a few things to be happy about.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Like the fact that lots of money can get you off with murder? Cos that's what you have..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

Try reading all of mine and others replies before re-hashing questions that have already been answered...

blowing off steam? She hadn't been questioned at all by that point, she had just found out that her flatmate had been brutally murdered and sexually assaulted...doing the splits and cartwheels combined with the inappropriate behaviour with Sollecito is not just blowing off steam, it's an incredibly strange and disturbing way to act in the circumstances

ETA sorry all of the above is directed to the poster I replied to and to Poet1b see above re your dismissal of the above as the actions of emotionally immature person, I think it's a bit more than that!

edit on 26-3-2013 by destination now because: (no reason given)

I did read your explanation about the knife wounds and was going to respond but that is meaningless since there is no real way to determine that two people administered the wounds. There was no DNA evidence linking them to this crime. If you feel there was then i dont see you posting any CREDIBLE links.

As far as the cartwheels, why dont you also say that her shoes were the wrong colour for someone not guilty because both carry equal weight.

Here is your explanation on the knife wounds:

Forensic analysis!!! They can tell a lot about an injury, the angle of the wound, the depth of the wound, whether it was inflicted by a left or right handed person, whether considerable or lesser force was used, whether there was more than one weapon used (in this case there were two knives used both had DNA of all three suspects) to name but a few! Can't really believe you just asked that, this type of scientific approach has been used for years and has been used in evidence in many murder cases, it's very well documented!

That changes nothing regarding my questions on one person committing the crime. If that were the case any murder victim by knife wound would require the perpetrator to use the same exact force and same direction of the blows. Does this seem logical to you? Because if it does seem logical then it would be nearly impossible to convict one person for a murder involving numerous stab wounds as there was in this case. I followed this in the news quite extensively during the trial.

Now what was the DNA evidence that even supports they were in the same building at the time of the murder?

edit on 26-3-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
How can anyone say she is guilty when the prosecutor is a perverted,egotistical,corrupt,lying,power hungry nutjob who's been convicted of abuse of power and corruption. Look what he did with the 'Monster of Florence case and others.. This guy is a sick sick human who has no business being in the justice system. but that court system is so corrupt they see no issue with him being a prosecutor.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Reply to post by Flavian

A proper trial offers no guarantee of revealing anything, so the point you are attempting make is moot.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
Outside of America I think most people have a 'gut' feeling that Knox is guilty, typical of the Italian police to bungle the investigation and let someone free who is probably guilty. Technicalities and mistakes made in investigation is how she got free.

The minute she (Knox) was allowed to step on a plane back to America I think most of us gave up on justice being done for poor Meredith as it is 1 rule for Americans and another for the rest of us when it comes to extradition.

The blind support for Knox in the American media has been sick to say the least.

You want to convict her on people's "gut feeling", yet you whine about her "blind support" in America. This case was bungled from the get go. Italian cops were just looking for a quick conviction and followed the popular Hate America "gut feeling". At least in America we have protection from publicity seeking lawyers and judges. It's called Double Jeopardy, meaning you can't be tried twice for the same crime. They have admitted they have nothing new, just the same lack of evidence they had the first time. I guess in Europe that doesn't matter, if a lot of people who had nothing to do with the case have a "gut feeling".

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

I think it's a bit more than that!

In what way?

You don't think finding out that your roommate had been murdered in a horrific manner might cause some bizarre behavior?

You act as if this is all the evidence needed to convict her. That is irrational.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Reply to post by Flavian

A proper trial offers no guarantee of revealing anything, so the point you are attempting make is moot.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

As the evidence used to convict Guede was also compromised (as was the entire investigation, for all parties) a new trial is the only fair way to establish what actually happened. If that doesn't occur in the retrial then we will never know - but to leave things as they are is a complete slap in the face of Justice.

I am sick to death they could be innocent or they could be guilty - the fact is that we simply do not know because of the the errors.

And this response of European justice sucks (which is being bandied about by many on here) is a total non argument. Yes, even us Europeans aren't enthralled with the Italian Judicial system but it is the one they have. And before we get any Americans saying how superior your system is, i would again ask you to consider the huge number of innocent people executed in your country. And then point out that you are on wonderful list of nations that actually execute minors (along with Myanmar, North Korea - even China doesn't do that).

That point has as much relevence to this particular case as do all the claims of how great US / bad European courts are. However, it does highlight the complete hypocrisy some posters are demonstrating.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metha-Don
How can anyone say she is guilty when the prosecutor is a perverted,egotistical,corrupt,lying,power hungry nutjob who's been convicted of abuse of power and corruption. Look what he did with the 'Monster of Florence case and others.. This guy is a sick sick human who has no business being in the justice system. but that court system is so corrupt they see no issue with him being a prosecutor.

Giuliano Mignini ??

ABC News - Giuliano Migini Seeking Revenge/Redemption

But years before Mignini began making his case against Knox, the Italian prosecutor was involved in another high-profile murder case. His work on that case, some say, raises serious questions about his methods and his judgment. ....

The dude has a history of imprisoning innocent people and of strong arming and trying to get confessions out of innocent people. He's also been criminally indicted for prosecutorial misconduct. And he's JACKED UP Americans before.

Oh .. and as for Amanda's DNA supposedly on the knife ... and for her supposed 'changing statement' ...

Experts also found that the kitchen knife said to be the murder weapon contained such a small sample of Knox's DNA that it should never have been introduced into evidence. As for Kercher's DNA that was supposedly found on the knife, testing revealed it was not actually human DNA but a speck of flour and starch that likely came from rye bread.

In his closing arguments this week, Mignini said there were other reasons to convict Knox, including her lack of an airtight alibi, odd behavior -- she and Sollecito were seen kissing outside the crime scene -- and the fact that Knox at one point stated to police that she had a "vision" that Lumumba was at the cottage on the night of the murder. (Knox, who was interrogated without an attorney present, tried to retract her statement in the morning, saying the police had confused her with their extended grilling and tough tactics.)

She wasn't allowed to have an interpreter present .. she wasn't allowed an attorney ... she wasn't given food or water ... and she was endlessly grilled by an idiot who had just destroyed his own career and who has a history of giving innocent Americans a very hard time.

Obviously the prosecution in this case has some serious issues of his own. :shk:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
i would again ask you to consider the huge number of innocent people executed in your country.

Huge number? Some are innocent I'm sure. But 'huge number'?
Would you post a link to a good source showing these 'huge numbers'?

Side note .. not that it matters .. but I'm against the death penalty.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join