It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italys Overturns Amanda Knox Murder Aquittal, Orders New Trial

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What? No, it's not tabloid fodder, Amanda admitted behaving the way she did in the police station...I saw the images taken from the court, there was only one time she looked at all upset..none of this is hearsay, it's the truth, whether you want to believe it or not.

And there are other ways to earn a living, she could get a job like everyone else, she does not need to write a book, which will be made into a movie, portraying her as an innocent victim, whilst Meredith's family have no such opportunity and have lost a daughter and sister and living with the knowledge that there are many more questions to be answered and that those answers lie with the only other suspects, Amanda and Rafael.

edit on 26-3-2013 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I think you also should educate yourself on the Italian Judicial system, it is not dictated by emotional mob rule and tabloid frenzy, and if you truly believe that it does, then I doubt there is anything anyone can say to convince you otherwise...

And don't forget Amanda's co-accused is Italian, so your theory about American-hating Italians, setting Knox up is nonsense, and I would hope that you would also realise that more than one person can be guilty of a crime...

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
There is not enough evidence to support another trial.

Oh but there is, that is why there will be another trial.

There might be not enough evidence to convict her but there are a lot of suspicions. Her and his changing testimonies, her blaming of an innocent man and her behavior is enough to suspect her of being involved.

If she was not, she will be acquitted in a court of law.

link   

Originally posted by destination now
And there are other ways to earn a living, she could get a job like everyone else, she does not heed to write a book, which will be made into a movie, portraying her as an innocent victim,

LOTS of people write books about their experiences. She was railroaded by the Italian 'justice' system and spent four years in prison for a crime that she didn't commit. (that's what the appeals court said). She was dragged through the mud. Her ability to get a job and earn a living have been severely infringed upon. She has every right in the world to earn a living this way. She has every right in the world to tell her story as she sees fit.

You have every right in the world not to buy the book if you don't want to see her side of the story and if you don't want to support her financially.

whilst Meredith's family have no such opportunity and have lost a daughter and sister

That's not her problem. And considering how Merdeiths family has come down on Amanda Knox even though there is no evidence of guilt, she doesn't owe them anything. Not a thing.

and living with the knowledge that there are many more questions to be answered and that those answers lie with the only other suspects, Amanda and Rafael.

That's pure assumption on your part.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

It is evidence that is used, but it is weak evidence.

The murderer could have used both hands and multiple knives. It takes a very sick individual to stab someone that many times. The sick bugger probably took his time.

There should be considerably more evidence. If there was blood evidence tying Knox and her boyfriend to the crime, that would be solid evidence.

These police investigations look so good on the fictionalized tv shows, but watching a few of the real life investigations, the police typically look incompetent at best.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I think you also should educate yourself on the Italian Judicial system, it is not dictated by emotional mob rule and tabloid frenzy,

Apparently it is.

don't forget Amanda's co-accused is Italian, so your theory about American-hating Italians, setting Knox up is nonsense,

So what? That doesn't mean anything. There is no evidence to convict and yet they did. Largely based on tabloid fodder (like what is happening on this thread .. alleged cartwheels doesn't make someone guilty of murder) and anti-american sentiments driven by the press.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

She was already acquitted. The double jeopardy in Italy is insane.
Just keep on putting people on trial until the 'right' verdict comes up to appease the crowds ...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

You seem to be very emotionally invested in this case and you're not really looking at the facts and evidence as they stand and I think your comments about Meredith and her family are beneath contempt..Obviously Knox does not care about Meredith and she clearly never did...jealousy was one of the motives (backed up by many witnesses) so I don't imagine she would put herself out to spare the pain of the family.

Sorry but your comments on this case are bordering on the irrational...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

It is evidence that is used, but it is weak evidence.

The murderer could have used both hands and multiple knives. It takes a very sick individual to stab someone that many times. The sick bugger probably took his time.

There should be considerably more evidence. If there was blood evidence tying Knox and her boyfriend to the crime, that would be solid evidence.

These police investigations look so good on the fictionalized tv shows, but watching a few of the real life investigations, the police typically look incompetent at best.

OMG have you read anything about the case of course there was blood evidence...Meredith's blood on the blade of a knife that had Amanda's DNA on the handle...That and a myriad of other evidence, so I suggest you stop watching TV shows and read more about actual murder cases across the world, including this one and you will see why the Italian prosecutors charged all three, Guede, Knox and Sollecito...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You seem to be very emotionally invested in this case

:shk: It's just a discussion thread. This is a discussion. Don't even try to pull that crap ...

and you're not really looking at the facts

I am the one looking at the facts. And the facts are .. there are none connecting Amanda Knox to the murder. That's the FACT. It looks to me like YOU aren't looking at the fact that there aren't any facts ...

I think your comments about Meredith and her family are beneath contempt..

Yeah, right. My comments ... that I said that Amanda Knox has a right to earn a living by telling her side of the story as she sees fit ... and she doesn't owe the family of Meredith anything since they are trying to get her put back in prison ... yeah that's really awful of me to say (sarcasm)

Grow up. I'm looking at the facts and lack of facts ... you should too.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Just keep on putting people on trial until the 'right' verdict comes up to appease the crowds ...

What a pathetic response.

The evidence that convicted Rudy Guede was just as tainted as that that led to Knox and Sollecito being freed. The investigation was badly handled from the start. Guede could be guilty or innocent, same as the others. As the trial was flawed from the start, we do not know.

Hence the need for a retrial. What is so difficult to understand about that? Trials are about finding the truth and punishing (if necessary) the guilty.

Your position shows a distinct lack of respect towards the Italian Justice System. That is dodgy ground for any US citizen to go down - had a look at the number of (subsequently proved) innocent people executed? And yet you are happy to play the poor American card. I didn't want to go down that route but the simple fact is that you are being obtuse in the extreme - or willfully ignorant. Which is it?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Stop referring to "alleged cartwheels" Knox fully admits to doing this (and doing the splits??) in the police station whilst she was waiting to be questioned along with everyone else who lived in the house or had been at the house that night...IT IS NOT ALLEGED...IT IS TRUE

So the big question is what sort of person does that? No, it does not prove her guilt but it certainly shows some strange personality traits that most normal people would not display on hearing that their flatmate had been brutally murdered and sexually assaulted in their home...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Meridith was a very beautiful young woman. What a shame. However Knox's acting out sounds more like a bad coping mechanism.

If there was a co-conspirator, it mostly likely would have been a friend of the convicted murderer.

edit on 26-3-2013 by poet1b because: Typo

link   

Guede did it.

He is now the only person serving time for the murder, although prosecutors say he could not have killed Kercher by himself.
yahoo

I'm gratefully looking forward to the retrial. Thank goodness the Italian court process allows for corrections when corrections are indeed called for. If nothing else I hope this will grant peace to the Kercher family.

peace

link   

Meredith's blood on the blade of a knife that had Amanda's DNA on the handle..

Not exactly. Amandas DNA was all over the apartment because she had been there numerous times. And her DNA was FAINTLY on a bunch of the utensiles, and other things, because she had used them from time to time.

.That and a myriad of other evidence,

Nope. If there actually was a 'myriad of other evidence' then her conviction would have stood the test. It didn't.

Bottom line .. the fella that did the murder is in jail because of strong DNA and eyewitness accounts. The family of the murder victim have their killer locked up. Amanda Knox was aquitted due to lack of evidence and because of corruption in the Italian system.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You seem to be very emotionally invested in this case

:shk: It's just a discussion thread. This is a discussion. Don't even try to pull that crap ...

and you're not really looking at the facts

I am the one looking at the facts. And the facts are .. there are none connecting Amanda Knox to the murder. That's the FACT. It looks to me like YOU aren't looking at the fact that there aren't any facts ...

I think your comments about Meredith and her family are beneath contempt..

Yeah, right. My comments ... that I said that Amanda Knox has a right to earn a living by telling her side of the story as she sees fit ... and she doesn't owe the family of Meredith anything since they are trying to get her put back in prison ... yeah that's really awful of me to say (sarcasm)

Grow up. I'm looking at the facts and lack of facts ... you should too.

Is it really necessary to use bad language? And it is you who needs to look at the facts, not just the "Knox is innocent and the bad Italians just want to hurt Americans" angle, which is, quite frankly rather bizarre.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
What a pathetic response.

No .. It's an accurate response.

Your position shows a distinct lack of respect towards the Italian Justice System.

You betchya I don't respect the so called 'justice system' of Italy. It's obviously flawed beyond being able to respect it. They succumbed to mob-rule and tabloid fodder. The American Department of Justice does the same thing.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Her previous conviction was overruled due to 'not enough strong evidence' that is a bit different.
Another poster already pointed out you guys should learn about the Italian Court system, Amanda had only one trial which in Italy is based on two different settings, primo & secundo gravo.

This time a new trial is granted based on several judicial mistakes and partly because of media frenzy at the time.

edit to add...that i previously wrote she appealed to the Supreme Court but i was mistaken. The prosecution did.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Exitt because: .

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

So the big question is what sort of person does that?

A young person who knows they aren't guilty and expect to be released.
Someone who is burning off nervous energy or who doesn't understand
how serious a situation they are in because they dont' speak the language.
Who knows. But it's NOT an automatic indicator of guilt in murder.
Hard core evidence is an indicator .. and that's not hard core evidence.

Is it really necessary to use bad language?

... says the person who started calling my posting 'irrational' and 'emotional' and now 'bizzare'.
Clean up your own posts before you try to correct others (who don't need correcting) on their posting styles. "Grow up' isn't bad language.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

"Not enough strong evidence?"

I have yet to hear any evidence. Different Knife angles and force of stabs prove nothing.

Bad coping mechanisms prove nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join