It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italys Overturns Amanda Knox Murder Aquittal, Orders New Trial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I did'nt think they could do that, once they'd been found not guilty...Are they just looking for more global media coverage. remember the flag..(white circle on a white background)..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Last involvement in this thread as no point continuing as we seem to be at polar opposites. However, at the risk of repeating myself, the victim here is Meredith Kercher not Amanda Knox.

Do you honestly not think her family deserves justice? There is enough doubt from both the original trial and from the Appeals Tribunal to warrant a proper retrial.

It really is that simple - the family deserve to know the truth. What has happened so far has meant that has not happened (which i admit is down to the Police and to the Prosecution).

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Last involvement in this thread as no point continuing as we seem to be at polar opposites. However, at the risk of repeating myself, the victim here is Meredith Kercher not Amanda Knox.

Never said Amanda Knox was the victim; but you sure want her to be the perpetrator. No weapon, faulty DNA evidence, no motive; what else do you want?

Do you honestly not think her family deserves justice? There is enough doubt from both the original trial and from the Appeals Tribunal to warrant a proper retrial.

What will be proper for you though? When she is convicted? What if, after this recent bout, she is again cleared of charges? Will you be satisfied? How many attempts should the State have to continue the assault on her life? Until they get the verdict you want? What the parents want?

It really is that simple - the family deserve to know the truth. What has happened so far has meant that has not happened (which i admit is down to the Police and to the Prosecution).

Agreed but they are searching for the truth based on their belief that Amanda Knox and the African (not color, the nation) did it. Justice isn't always clear cut and sometimes the answers we get are not what we want; in this case, a clear motive; which there was none. There was no murder weapon, no conclusive DNA evidence, nothing except the fact that they lived together.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
I did'nt think they could do that, once they'd been found not guilty...Are they just looking for more global media coverage. remember the flag..(white circle on a white background)..

Depends on the system you are looking at. Say for instance in the United States, applet courts can be utilized to question the decision of a lower court and you can continue such recourse all the way up to the Supreme Court so long as you show cause.

In the case of the Italian court, their rules may be different. I haven't delved into how their system works and on what grounds their supreme court has to even hear the case to decide for a re-trial.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Talk about a dog with a bone. Can you not read? I said they could be guilty or they could be innocent but a proper trial is needed, not the farce this whole thing has been so far.

That really is my last involvement in this thread. There is absolutely no point in having a discussion with someone who simply puts their own interpretation on what is actually being said. You aren't a politician by any chance?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Not a politician but you are arguing that a retrial is valid because you believe it needs to be based on your view of the events; so back at you regarding a bone and a dog. I would rather you stay so we can debate the validity of a rehearing of the case, rather than you run off because you face opposition in your views.

The way I read the last few interactions is that your view is right, mine is wrong, so you will take it and go home because you don't want to deal with anyone opposed to how you see it. That isn't how discussion or debate works, but to each their own I suppose.

I engage you in honest debate; not emotionally, but logically. In this matter, what evidence will the State provide that will satisfy you? How can they justify any DNA evidence when it cannot link it to the crime? How can they say Amanda Knox did it, when they have only circumstantial evidence?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Outside of America I think most people have a 'gut' feeling that Knox is guilty, typical of the Italian police to bungle the investigation and let someone free who is probably guilty. Technicalities and mistakes made in investigation is how she got free.

The minute she (Knox) was allowed to step on a plane back to America I think most of us gave up on justice being done for poor Meredith as it is 1 rule for Americans and another for the rest of us when it comes to extradition.

The blind support for Knox in the American media has been sick to say the least.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
Outside of America I think most people have a 'gut' feeling that Knox is guilty, typical of the Italian police to bungle the investigation and let someone free who is probably guilty. Technicalities and mistakes made in investigation is how she got free.

The minute she (Knox) was allowed to step on a plane back to America I think most of us gave up on justice being done for poor Meredith as it is 1 rule for Americans and another for the rest of us when it comes to extradition.

The blind support for Knox in the American media has been sick to say the least.

What "blind support"? "Gut" feelings shouldn't drive a court room and are the mentality of a mob looking for their Frankenstein's monster to chase after with torches and pitchforks. .

I ask you, what "feeling" do you have that makes you believe she to be guilty?
edit on 26-3-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
I did'nt think they could do that, once they'd been found not guilty...

In America there is no double jeopardy. Apparently, in Italy, they can do whatever they want depending on the emotions of the ruling mob.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
the victim here is Meredith Kercher not Amanda Knox.

There are three victims. The murder victim - Meredith Kercher. And two victims of the corrupt Italian court system and Italian tabloids - Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito

Do you honestly not think her family deserves justice?

They have it. The killer is already convicted.
Don't you think that Amanda KNox and Raffaele Sollecito deserve justice?
They were railroaded and have lost more than 4 years of their lives.
And these people continue to suffer because of the corrupt Italian courts.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Outside of America I think most people have a 'gut' feeling that Knox is guilty,

I'm sure that those who suck up the tabloid garbage would come to that conclusion. However, those who critically look at the actual evidence, and lack of convicting evidence, come to the exact opposite conclusion.

The minute she (Knox) was allowed to step on a plane back to America I think most of us gave up on justice being done for poor Meredith

The person who killed her has been convicted and is sentenced to 16 years in prison.
[quote[The blind support for Knox in the American media has been sick to say the least.
The blind anti-Knox garbage in the european media has been sick to say the least.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Never send your kid to Italy is the answer.

I read enough of this case to be flabergasted by the injustice.

Has Italy ever compensated her for the time they took from her life?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Perhaps not cartwheeling around police station and sitting on her boyfriend's lap after hearing about the murder of her flatmate and waiting to be questioned would have given the police a different perspective of her.

Perhaps not sitting in court smiling and joking during her trial would have give the public a different perspective of her .

Perhaps not writing a book that will be made into a movie and lining up TV appearances after her appeal acquittal would allow the true victim's family, the Kerchers to move on without the knowledge that their daughter's death has made one of the prime suspects very wealthy

And sorry I disagree that there was no evidence against Knox and Sollecito, there was, but it was mishandled by the Italian police, that was what enabled the appeal and subsequent acquittal on a technicality, there was still no dispute that the 37 different knife wounds were indeed administered by at least two different people and the Kerchers quite rightly want the answers to that amongst other things.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The Italian judicial system has to meet and adhere to certain standards as a member state of the EU. You all seem to forget that. As Americans you should have a hard look at your own judicial system before criticising that of other countries.

The Italian police obviously think she is guilty otherwise they would not be wasting their time still trying to prosecute her. What possible reason would they have to continue to pursue her unless they thought she was guilty? They mishandled evidence and allowed her to get off on technicalities, yes incompetence on the side of the police but surely only says good things about the Italian justice system given she got out based on this..

What gut feeling? How about the way she and her boyfriend behaved in the hours following her supposed friend Merediths murder? She is one cold and sick puppy, but then your media maybe didn't show or tell you about this given your unflinching support for Knox. Given her behaviour at this time, even if she is innocent she is not the sort of person you would all be jumping on the bandwagon to defend, i.e a nasty piece of work.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

there was still no dispute that the 37 different knife wounds were indeed administered by at least two different people and the Kerchers quite rightly want the answers to that amongst other things.

That is very flimsy evidence. How could such a determination be made?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Forensic analysis!!! They can tell a lot about an injury, the angle of the wound, the depth of the wound, whether it was inflicted by a left or right handed person, whether considerable or lesser force was used, whether there was more than one weapon used (in this case there were two knives used both had DNA of all three suspects) to name but a few!

Can't really believe you just asked that, this type of scientific approach has been used for years and has been used in evidence in many murder cases, it's very well documented!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
Perhaps not cartwheeling around police station and sitting on her boyfriend's lap after hearing about the murder of her flatmate and waiting to be questioned would have given the police a different perspective of her. Perhaps not sitting in court smiling and joking during her trial would have give the public a different perspective of her .

1 - That's all tabloid fodder.
2 - Where did the info about her supposedly doing cartwheels come from? The cops who were trying to lock her up. So its not trustworthy information.
3 - None of that is evidence of guilt.
4 - 'public perspective' ... you mean 'emotional mob rule'. Emotional mob rule isn't supposed to run a court room. Only facts are.

Perhaps not writing a book that will be made into a movie and lining up TV appearances after her appeal acquittal ....

Perhaps if she hadn't been wrongfully imprisoned for 4 years and lost 4 years of her life .. perhaps if she hadn't have been so mistreated in the prison system ...perhaps if her reputation hadn't have been smeared in the european tablioids .... then she wouldn't need the income from a book and the vindication that would come from finally telling her story. She has a right to tell her story and she has a right to try to have an income. The Italian court system destroyed her income. Her false murder conviction destroyed her income. She has a right to earn a living and she's doing it legally.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Libby Purves, writing in The Times in December 2009, said "both evidence and reconstruction look pretty convincing" and described the American campaign for Knox as "almost libellously critical of the Italian court"

Exactly the thing going on in this thread. I would be ashamed if i ever wrote such a biased OP.

Consensus on here is 'because there was a media frenzy, and because Italian court sucks and hates America, and because someone is already found guilty - Amanda had nothing to do with this murder'

riiight

I don't know if she was involved or not but to claim it is obvious she didn't - would be denying evidence and embracing ignorance. New trial is the only 'justice' and justifiable thing to the victims in this case, 21 year old Meredith and her family.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Exitt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The Italian judicial system has to meet and adhere to certain standards as a member state of the EU.

And yet they run their system by emotional mob-rule.

The Italian police obviously think she is guilty otherwise they would not be wasting their time still trying to prosecute her. What possible reason would they have to continue to pursue her unless they thought she was guilty?

They obviously believe their own tabloid fodder campaign.

The fact is .. that there is no evidence to support a conviction.
The fact is ... that a man has already been convicted on this murder through DNA and eyewitness testimony that placed him running from the scene of the crime.

IF she did it .. there is no evidence of it.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt
to claim it is obvious she didn't - would be denying evidence and embracing ignorance.

No one says she didn't do it. We are saying that there is NO EVIDENCE that she did it. To say she is guilty just based on tabloid garbage .. THAT is embracing ignorance.

New trial is the only 'justice' and justifiable thing to the victims in this case, 21 year old Meredith and her family

The guilty person is in jail. There is not enough evidence to support another trial.
And what about justice for Amanda Knox? She had 4 years stolen from her
when the Italians shoved her in jail based on nothing but tabloid gossip.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join