It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's over. On March 31st, 2013, it's finally over.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
.... yeah. that's the day I turn forty.

Can't believe you made a topic about that.

just kidding. You didn't know.
still. :C

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

...wipes tears from eyes.

Poor poor Bernard...crying like a baby cuz another fake Bernard was stealing his lime light....oh Gawd...my sides are hurting...make it stop....pass the depends...do...something....

Des

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
There is a thread in this forum already mentioning the 31st, but its main premise is the 21st, so the 31st gets overshadowed. I thought it would be best to give it a thread of its own instead of getting lost in all the mocking of how the 21st didn't happen.

October 28th, 2011 - Mayan End Date as theorized by Toxicologist Carl Johan Calleman
December 21st, 2012 - Mayan End Date as popularized by Hollywood, MSM, etc.
March 31st, 2013 - Mayan End Date as theorized by Mayan Elder Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez Oxlaj

Here is what the date looks like on the Mayan Long Count Calendar:

Here is what the Tzolkin falls on for each date:

13 Ahau
4 Ahau
13 Ahau

No, that's not just a coincidence. The time between the dates of Calleman and Alejandro come out to be 520 days, which is double the 260 Tzolkin cycle. This is something I've seen NOBODY on any forum talk about. It is important to note that Alejandro made these comments back in a speech in 1999:

The Mayan Prophecies tell us it is time to awaken, time for the dawn, so that the people will have peace and will be happy. The Mayan Prophecies also tell us, from so much walking, so much seeking, that what we are seeking, what we have to find, at last we have found it. We are here on Earth, where we want to be. This time has come: 13 Baktun 13 A'jau (Ahau), the return of the grandparents, the return of the wise ones to the measure of time. We are observing the control of time. The time has come. May the people awaken. May they arise. May we all walk together without distinction of race, color or creed, rich or poor, black or white, indigineous or non-indigineous, people and government, to build a country full of peace, love, tranquility and prosperity.

You and I may meet again in another dimension after the year Zero. The year Zero is the word of the Maya. On March 31, 2013 the sun will be hidden for a period of 60-70 hours and this is when we shall enter the period of the Fifth Sun. Then will you realize that what the Mayans speak are facts and not false preachings. We are not saying that the world will end in 2000. There are false ones who say these things to frighten and threaten the world without awakening. But the Mayan priests and astronomers know what is happening and see what shall happen in the future.

Source

There are some sources that have 2000 replaced with 2012, but all the sources I've looked at said that March 31st is the date he said.

I've been seeing people all over the place in forums saying they are sick and tired of seeing this "2012 bs" and "to stop moving the date forward." Like I said earlier, this was stated back in 1999, so this is not a new prediction. The reason why I put "it's finally over" in my thread title is because, after March 31st, it really is going to be over. The closest date people can come up with now will be in December of this year, which will have much less evidence than any of the aforementioned dates, even if they somehow connect it to Comet ISON.

With the resignation of the old pope and election of the new pope, North Korea constantly threatening South Korea, Russia getting mad at Cyprus for stealing their money, the British defense staff meeting with the US counterparts for the first time since the 1940s, and everything else going on, it all seems to be lining up.

After March 31st, all this talk of end dates will finally be over.

If it doesn't happen, we'll wake up the next day in reality - The foolish reality of slavery, money, and war.

I apologize if I derailed your thread in anyway.

All we can do is wait and see what happens.
Thank you for sharing your story.

Peace,
K

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Not sure when the 3 days of darkness will take place but i like your post as it seems that you are one of the few that knows the truth about the Mayans, it is a time of awakening, especially for those that have awakend in previous lives. Yes the mayan gods are returning, how and when i dont know but im sure of it, the Mayans were not wrong about the times of awakening its people. Its peoples expecectations that are wrong. Well good luck with this post because most dont undrestant the truth they will only be focused on the date and then ripping you appart at the end of the month, or wait one doesnt need to wait they doing it anyway.

I think the date is wrong, but hey what do I know

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Im waiting for all who believe and predict this to come back the day after with "April Fools".

2nd.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I think looking for new 2012 doom dates is getting to be like blaming Bush for national problems... When does it stop, anyway? We're almost into April for goodness sake. Will June be? September?

There are all new doom topics. Meteorites over Russia and Europe. One ongoing look into Methane by another member. The always present climate issues (as I was walking through SNOW today in Southern Missouri
Where is my global warming? ) and much more.

We even have Apophis rolling the Roulette wheel of impact in 2029 (don't believe those numbers...they changed them.
) Of course between Israel, Iran, Syria North Korea and just general incompetence out of all national leaders in general, we're not favored to be around that long anyway.

Why the fixation on 2012?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Great, another post with a "correction" of the doomsday date the Mayans allegedly have predicted.
Didn't have that in a LONG time. /SARCASM

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The reason why I put "it's finally over" in my thread title is because, after March 31st, it really is going to be over.

No it won't.
I predict it.

Yes it will, i predict it, don't be so short sighted, it will be over for someone, or something, most likely this thread, and this theory, i get tired of people speaking like they know it all..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Actually. What I meant was.
The predictions will not be over.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

It is obvious you have spent time pondering the need for doom dates, and what drives that human need...so thank you for such a clear and lucid explanation driving such a mid set. Very logical and rational so I pour off some nice red to you in thanks.

I never stopped to look at it because, I never believed in a reason for being or higher purpose called destiny...I am just here, and I either made my way forward or floated and watched what seemed like senseless chaos. I tend to forget that fairy tale conditioning handed to children, that these type of things like doom date settings mean for adults with left over ideological coping mechanisms learned as children...so I never had a reason to dive as deep as your contemplation on the issue as yourself, you growing my understanding of what is driving a lot of humanity that was lacking my contemplation and remaining ignorant on until your post.

I suppose always making my purpose for being; made me blind to those that believe purpose and being arises from somewhere outside themselves.

Now I understand, thanks to your post...why there is a need for these dates etc. in some people. I still however don't see a logical rationality of the phenomena, just a logical irrationality based on assumption and faith of some preexisting ideal of living...that is not a self made living through choice.

So doom dates and such are a point onto which to latch; that gives many people purpose in life that ordinarily; just drifts along because they do not create a purpose for themselves...because everything else in it has been adhered to out of others expectations of them, or out of a sense of duty creating a facade life. That the act of latching onto an ideal or belief...gives them a pseudo purpose and sense of destiny, coupled with a hope and faith that this latching onto a belief will eventually drag them into that fairy tale ideal leading to a true life. Wow, talk about a wasted life in my opinion...

Hey guys life is here and now, you can make it what you want you know, you don't have to drift along. Take it from me start living who you are forge your path, life is too short to be throwing this one away, in the very highly unlikely chance there's another one after...and if there is another; are you going to do the same thing with that one too? How many lives do you need to start actually living?

Talk about a very curious phenomena of the human condition...in and of itself, if anyone needs me I'll be over here living...and hoping you guys at least learn to keep right on the highway, since you have more than one of these lives waiting on you...because I don't.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Hm. I did n't know that. I don't click on the doomsday thread often though- havent been keeping up with that.

But I'll share a trippy thing that happened to me the other day, that is relevant to that date-

I was not working that day, it was the middle of the afternoon, and I decided to take a nap.
I was in a state that in between sleep and alertness..... you know that state where you are starting to dream, but the sleep is light- you can wake up or be aware that your mind is doing stuff without you being in control?

I had been talking in my head, and asking when something big was going to happen (I don't know why, nor who I was talking to). In order to get an answer, I was counting and waiting for a confirmation of some sort when I hit the number of days (after that one) that "it" would occur.

When I hit 13 suddenly all the electricity blew out in the house. It woke me up, because it made a big sound and stopped all the white noises I'm used to (heater, fridge...). I suddenly regained conscious awareness and control of my brain again, and thought abotu what I'd been dreaming.

I counted the 13 days and it signified March 31st.

I have no idea what event I was talkign abotu in my dreamstate, who I was talking to, and perhaps it was just a coincidence anyway. But at the time, I had no doubt it was the sign meant to stop me at that number.

But like I said, I don't get into doomsday ideas... though I find this a funny coincidence, and note some huge changes going on in my life at this time (positive ones).

I guess we're also on our third day of darkness, now that I think about it, as we've been cloaked in thick fog for three days now up here on our mountain!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by STARTRUTH49

One way or another, something has got to give. People are conditioned through failure after failure of prediction dates that nothing will ever happen. They think the failures of the frivolous means that the economy will never collapse or a war with Iran won't happen. "Hey, they've predicted it so many times now. Why do they keep talking about it?"

I think one of the reasons people latch onto a prediction date so easily is because, whether subconsciously or otherwise, they want it all to all be over. Even the dumbest American knows that we will never get America back with protests or new laws. There WILL be bloodshed; it is unavoidable. Without some divine intervention from God or help from aliens, there will never be peace, and/or without the rise of the Anti-Christ, it will never end. We will all continue to slave away at our 40-hour workweeks being told "it's what a normal person does" to earn little pieces of Monopoly-colored paper backed by no real value to spend at Wal-Mart for our overpriced, China-made goods.

A man who has never been homeless in a society where every piece of land is owned and you can't survive without money has no idea what it means to truly be homeless; likewise, a man who has never worked 16-hour workdays, 7 days a week performing the same mechanical motions over and over again has no idea what it means to truly work. These are ingrained into us, yet who determines these standards? Does a mother with two children living off child support and getting $500+ in food stamps/EBT per month have the right to scoff at a homeless man on the side of the road asking for change because he got laid off and couldn't pay the rent on time? If a man who works 10 hours a week is lazy compared to a man who works 40 hours a week, does that make the 40-hour a week man look lazy to the 12-year-old kid in China who works 112 hours a week? These are just two small examples in the myriad of problems facing us today. Nobody sets the standards but ourselves, but we've let the 1% rule the 99% for far too long.

It's not an issue of "getting off our lazy butts and making it happen ourselves." When you're dealing with people who have their bloodlines going back for literally thousands of years, you understand that their back-up plans have more back-up plans than you can realize. As long as they maintain even the tiniest amount of control somewhere, they can be patient and build themselves back up, even if it takes hundreds of years. Only something way more advanced than us can completely rid us of those who wish to have mass control over everybody.

When something does happen, I'm not sure what will be more shocking to people: the thing that happened or the fact that it actually DID happen.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard
But... that's my birthday

That's my wife's birthday too!

I hope something happens. Been let down with the prophecies so far.

Don't wish for anything bad to happen, just something exciting!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

You make do with what you have; all these problems? Adaptation to adversity...things arise things pass away, no matter what any one tries to do about it nothing is permanent except impermanence. Of course all these problems arising or have been will arise in another form time or place, it's just the cycle of things. Many times we worry and stress so much and hope for something else to the point we quit living...when some of these problems will not go away or leave and arise somewhere else in our life times.

I contend that people doing all this latching; in hopes for something better actually keep it going...because it does not allow for choice, those ideals breed control and when there is control and no choice there arises a revolt and the fight continues.

Anything that does not focus on the here and now and is based in a belief needs to vanish in order for the chaos to become livable...as long as there is a separation of beliefs then there is going to be conflict over these unfounded beliefs from all sides. Stay to the facts of what is known and contemplating what is unknown to understand the complete working model of a system that cannot be refuted...needs to occur not only in science but in humanity...of course that is also a belief in the form of an ideal. So that's where the magic of tolerance can cease the nonsense in an instant.

I know my ideation can lead volition of a choice to act or not act, I also know if I put out something in the world through my volition to act...that another through choice can act or not act. If My choice is in accord with another's belief then I gained an alliance, and if not then an opposition. So here's where tolerance comes in...If some one says something I utterly disagree with. I can refute or I can ignore because it will end in a circular argument or out of boredom agree with just to play a game.

This is where tolerance comes in, it is actually ignoring with an understanding that, agreeing or disagreeing does not matter. I can live with anyone's belief structures if they can live with mine...this is a mutual respect for another to hold whatever view they want...as long as my existence is not threatened by their lack of respect that I have a right to exist simply because I am alive. Now the base argument I cannot exist because you did this, that is mine blah blah blah.

If people cannot share and coexist with tolerance...then war starts. Over what exactly? It live one needs air, food and removal of waste...a shelter from the elements wouldn't hurt either...where this living takes place? That does not matter...humans can adapt to their surroundings easier than each other and that's what is confounding...just leave....there's more air food and places to poop and shelter to be made. Staying on principle? What principle? claiming patch of dirt? a patch of dirt that was there for millions of years...or was at the bottom of an ocean billions of years ago? a patch of dirt that will continue billions of more years afterwards?

It's simply asinine move on or gain some tolerance and understanding.

Believe whatever you want I can tolerate it, move it onto me and don't respect my asking you to respect and tolerate me? Then I'm out there's other patches of dirt, I am not going to waste my existence on a petty conflict of ideals and belief chasing tails til I die nor teach my offspring to chase the tail of an enemy they ultimately have no quarrel with unless I teach it to them.

I won't tow the lines of greed, hate and delusion of my fore fathers created for me to pickup and believe in...cause that is to is a choice. It's just the 5 monkey in the cage experiment...beat me for climbing the stairs all you want but if I want the banana I am going to get it, and I won't mind sharing once I have it. If you can't respect me climbing the stairs I won't respect you for not climbing them yourself...by taking initiative to change the situation before I entered the cage.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
It just means the calendar starts over. When the hands of a clock reach midnight it does not mean anything is over. The cycle just starts again! On the modern calendar December 31 is not the end because the calender starts again on January 1st.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I like how you presented this thread and the information shared in it so SnF for you. Most folks that keep pushing up the Mayan "end date" just rant on and link a boobtube video or two with no real substance to it. Personally, I hope you are right because I don't see how this world has any hope of ever getting better as it is.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

And what a Birthday it will be. Image..the biggest damn candle ever in the history of mankind...and all just for...you....

Don't worry...these doom and gloom threads pop up like weeds in sidewalk cracks.

We'll all be here to nurse you through your Birthday hangover the next day.....

Welcome to ATS....

Des

or he blows out the candles and it goes dark for 60 hours. Very impressive

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

My birthday too! We just can't have this, can we?!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

i, for one, believe you, S.I

- i m not stupid enough "to have gotten dissapointed by the many false mayan dates " to not feel that the world is STILL getting darker every few DAYS now
...and that has been going on for several years

I dont say that i trust yóur presented mayan date, neither -
but i know the mayans were connected to evil deities, who are/were masters in astronomy,
why?
- because they was TOLD - by God - that then-and-then, their time would be Up.

so basically,
im using mayan beliefs [ among others] as some 'photo negative '

does that make sense ?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Me too! Wanna make T-Shirts? "I survived a Mayan Prophecy and my xxth Birthday!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join