It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is sick

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

says the guy who has been a member since 2011...IF ATS members are sick then that would include you wouldn't it...not only would it include you...it would include this thread of yours as well as an expression of that "sickness".

Every time you point a finger you have 3 others pointing right back at you. I fail to see the necessity of your premise.

What would have otherwise have been a great addition as a counter-view point was tarnished by your lazy intellectual premise and overgeneralizing judgmental accusations of an entire community of people that you apparently failed to realize that you too are a part of and have been for some time...

I just can't take this crap seriously...I'm sorry, you have absolutely no solid ground to stand on when making your accusations/claims...

the eye sees everything but itself.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Just because people aren't posting on that particular thread, doesn't mean the majority agree. Or even disagree...for that matter. On a personal level? I'm just about as conservative as you could possible abhor (
), yet I don't agree with the accusations of treason, and I've said so on many, many threads around here.

So I can safely say, that your attempts to pigeon hole many members of ATS is wrong. 'cause this particular right wing nut doesn't fit that pigeon hole. Nor do many others.
edit on 3/26/2013 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
ATS is sick. This is my contention. I place this thread here, firstly because I didn't know where else to place it, and secondly, because it is an attempt to build on another thread entitled: The following US Senators Just Committed Treason and Should Be Arrested Immediately!

(guts of post edited by Sandalphon)

So here is why ATS sick. This is a narrative repeated over and over again. The ATS community is largely paranoid, delusional, incapable of critical thought, gullible, incapable of independent research skills and easily brainwashed.

The second part of the quote, the insult, was all I got from the blather. Boil it down for what it is, it is a rant and a psych-out in an attempt to be a brainyman in comparison with one's peers. Crazymaking makes one instantly unbelievable, disreputable -- especially in a conspiracy forum -- because now you have to prove how the community is what you say it is.

Tactic failed. Go back to the drawing board.
You really should stop watching news debate TV, in particularly FOX news; it's what I gather where you have been getting your topic handling techniques.

Love thy neighbor, if you can. Remember, you are here amongst those you criticize, and are free to go any time you wish.

Now for why you decided to lose it in relation to a big post about political types, enough to take a stab at the entire website, makes me think you're working for one of them. Why else would one sink so low?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Just because people aren't posting on that particular thread, doesn't mean the majority agree. Or even disagree...for that matter. On a personal level? I'm just about as conservative as you could possible abhor (
), yet I don't agree with the accusations of treason, and I've said so on many, many threads around here.

So I can safely say, that your attempts to pigeon hole many members of ATS is wrong. 'cause this particular right wing nut doesn't fit that pigeon hole. Nor do many others.

For starters, people are posting in that thread, I think there are currently 110 replies and 76 flags awarded to the thread.

Secondly, this thread OP never said that "All" of the conservatives on this site fall into the "sick" category he/she was describing, so I guess you're off the hook. I think that what he/she was referring to was the large number of posters who run with this garbage attempting to make it into something it's not and the fact that this type of threads seem to be dominating the conversation despite the fact that they contain very little truth.

When I heard about the new LOL forum I had hopes that some of this garbage would be eliminated or at least delegated to the new "Ludicrous Online Lies" forum but that hasn't come to pass. Instead, we continue to be dominated by "ludicrous" threads devoid of truth, yet packed full of delusional insight from the right.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

"all" was the implication from the get go. But I'll say that he meant majority. Doesn't make it any less wrong.

People are posting on it. True. ...and I'll be honest, I've stayed away from it, as I don't care to argue that someone isn't a traitor when the one's making such an accusation are unlikely to change their minds.

That does not make their opinions the majority. I certainly don't agree, and I'm fairly certain there are many more who don't agree either.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

So here is why ATS sick. This is a narrative repeated over and over again. The ATS community is largely paranoid, delusional, incapable of critical thought, gullible, incapable of independent research skills and easily brainwashed.

Stars, Flags, Upvotes,Likes, Hugs, High Fives, Thumbs Up, Gold Medal...

I really have no interest anymore in participating in the political forums here...it's is quite literally useless. Even when you 100% prove someone wrong about their paranoid ridiculous claims...they still insist they are right...because even though the evidence shows they are wrong...they just claim they are reading between the lines and they see what is really going on.

ATS Political forums are good for one thing...to see what the current right wing talking points are and to read the topics to find out what false stories are being floated around.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Then how about we just get upset at them for wasting time with vague legislation....

conventional

Just how do they define "conventional"?

I know this UN treaty isn't binding to try and ban guns, but at the same time, I'm not blind to it being used as a springboard for even more attempts at additional, US level legislation.

Pandora's box is already open. Existing gun laws are fine...it's the ENFORCEMENT that is lacking...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Then do something about it.

Why are you and many others the first in these crazy threads calling out your fellow right wingers and setting the record straight???

The reason the OP and many others have this opinion of right wingers on ATS is because that is all we see...you say you don't agree with it...yet very rarely do you ever see crazy threads like the one the OP cited called out by anyone else besides the known liberals on this site.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Participant Observation

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
The ATS community is largely paranoid, delusional, incapable of critical thought, gullible, incapable of independent research skills and easily brainwashed.

Please read the following:

Psychological Projection

Hasty Generalization

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

We don't have a forum for threads like these, and I hope it is apparent why.

Opening a thread to launch ad hominem attacks against other members, whether individually or in aggregate, serves no purpose other than to attempt to establish a position of implied superiority -- which even the most casual reading of this thread, or the forums in general, amply discredits.

If you disagree with other members, that's fine. By all means, explain your point of view in the relevant threads (rather than starting new threads to comment out of context) and Deny Ignorance. If a thread or post violates the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, then please alert us and let us handle it.

But if you're unable to do that, please don't presume to denigrate every other member of this community just because you can't.

Thread closed, and let's not see any more like these.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join