It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is sick

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
ATS is sick. This is my contention. I place this thread here, firstly because I didn't know where else to place it, and secondly, because it is an attempt to build on another thread entitled: The following US Senators Just Committed Treason and Should Be Arrested Immediately!

Available here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The thread details the names of senators who recently voted in favor of approving a UN small arms treaty, aimed at ensuring that the illegal international (i.e. across state borders) sale of arms is made more difficult, and that the un-ethical sale of arms (i.e. sale of small arms to states using them to commit human rights abuses) is also somewhat more difficult.

However, the respondents in this thread affirmatively responded to the idea that the senators should be tried, without actually researching what the treaties text entails.

Here is the text of the treat. Note, only the numbered points are legally binding in international law, and that even so, none of these legally bindings points or treaties have jurisdiction over domestic US law.

Taking note of the legitimate trade and use of certain conventional arms, inter alia, for recreational, cultural, historical and sporting activities and lawful ownership where such ownership and use are permitted and protected by law, Recognizing the active role that non-governmental organizations and civil society can play in furthering the object and purpose of this Treaty, and Acknowledging that regulation of the international trade in conventional arms should not hamper international cooperation and legitimate trade in materiel, equipment and technology for peaceful purposes,

Principles Guided by the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations, States Parties, in promoting the object and purpose of this Treaty and implementing its provisions, shall act in accordance with the following principles: 1. The inherent right of all States to individual or collective self-defence; 2. The settlement of international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security, and justice, are not endangered; 3. To refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any State, or in any other manner inconsistent with the purposes of the United Nations; 4. Non-intervention in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any State; 5. The duty to respect and ensure respect for international humanitarian law and to respect and ensure human rights; 6. The responsibility of all States, in accordance with their respective international obligations, to effectively regulate and control international transfers of conventional arms, as well as the primary responsibility of all States in establishing and implementing their respective national export control systems; 7. States Parties should respect the legitimate interests of States to acquire conventional weapons for legitimate self-defence and peacekeeping operations and to produce, export, import and transfer conventional arms; and 8. The necessity to implement this Treaty consistently and effectively and in a universal, objective and non-discriminatory manner.

www.un.org.../CONF.217/CRP.1&Lang=E

So here is why ATS sick. This is a narrative repeated over and over again. The ATS community is largely paranoid, delusional, incapable of critical thought, gullible, incapable of independent research skills and easily brainwashed.

Whilst they claim they claim they "deny ignorance" and avoid the propaganda of the mainstream media, they in fact propagate ignorance, and accept the utterly false propaganda of fringe sources, time and time again, simply because they are fringe, independent and unpopular. They accept this idiocy, despite the fact that there is no factual basis for it.

The respondents to the thread that I am expanding on, were in support of the authors contention, simply because of their fear that a small arms treaty means that their "right to bear arms" will be eroded. In fact, the treaty had no such intention or authority. Once again, the ATS community proves they are easily swung to the whim of fear and paranoia, without backing their ideas with facts and evidence.

I post this thread also to dispel the misconception and false facts the thread I am expanding on presents. This is because falsification of facts is very dangerous. It not only slanders an organization (i.e. the UN) without any basis in fact, but it also affects peoples opinions permanently, and gets them to act in a way they otherwise would not, for no reason.

I hope everyone who read the previous thread reads this one to, and comments as well. It is important that people realize they were wrong, learn something and do not repeat the same mistake again. After all, you are once again, simply being brainwashed to believe something someone else tells you, but provides no factual basis for.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

So here is why ATS sick. This is a narrative repeated over and over again. The ATS community is largely paranoid, delusional, incapable of critical thought, gullible, incapable of independent research skills and easily brainwashed.

Um, yes. Go on...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Amazing. First, you put me, and my whole community down in the most demeaning terms...then expect me to show interest in your thread.

What did you expect...really.

I'm sorry. This is not the way to get other members to care about what you have to say....

Des

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You are a member here, and that is a choice. No one is holding you hostage. If you aren't fond of the community, you have the option to leave.

Insulting the members is not really necessary. And, it kinda makes you sound like a jerk. Just sayin..

Thank you.

For what? The insults?
edit on 25-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The answer to your problem is: Everyone should own a gun, then everyone would be to blame, because we're all in it together...

youtu.be...
edit on 25-3-2013 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
So here is why ATS sick....incapable of critical thought...

Although I commend you for identifying one of the leading causes of ignorance today that is rampant in so many virtual and real venues, and discussion groups, I step back from putting this on the backs of "ATS", exclusively.

But if you direct this to the common high school student, college student, and younger persons with less than 20 years of adult experience on their own, you are spot on.

Although I know this is a subject taught in many universities alike, you will find that it is impossible to find large groups of minds that can readily enable this ability.

But in a four word condensation of your post, it hits the spot on target on its own.

link   

We are Rigel4...... You can't see the eyes of the demon until him
come callin'

Resistance is futile...now gtfo

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Who's paying you? Sounds like straight agenda 21 propaganda...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
There are some whom base their opinion and world view on logic, facts, and details. Then there are those whom base their opinion and world view on feelings, speculation, and a desire for all things to be black and white based on those two qualifiers.

The loud ones are the second ones...luckily they are becoming the minority...however, the smaller a group becomes, the louder they speak to compensate.

This plays out often on ATS...however, do remember that there are a lot of people on ATS. Just because the same small gang comes barking in thread after thread waving flags to defend their feelings and speculations does not mean ATS contributors and lurkers as a whole agree.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Guess you decided to ignore the parts about worldwide registration of all legally owned guns including handguns?

That's ok.....I understand your type.

You would just love to sell out every country to some big NWO conglomerate.

It's always so much better when the power is concentrated into smaller and smaller entities right?

Isn't that the complaint about capitalists? Too much power all concentrated to the few?

So which is it?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
We have a fever and the only prescription is more UFOs!

OP, this is ATS, get off your high horse.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
mahhhhh! more meatloaf!

and this troll shouldn't get any

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Take it easy, guys

So what i,f somebody told you something? I honestly could care less about any random internet person telling me what they think about me. I also posted in the thread, although I do not feel offended as I understand it is simply overgeneralising, overreaction.

The post served its purpose. I clicked on the thread and the overall message was also clear and at least, in my opinion, always worthwile to remember people: Do not judge, before knowing more details or understanding the matter more properly

edit on 25-3-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

In all honesty op, I apologise, I wont delete my prior post or edit it in any way save spelling and or grammar as I dont believe in hiding ones past. And I meant almost all of it. But you didnt deserve my anger, you are not the reason for my malcontent. Sk you shoukd not be the recipient either.

I will respond further after I cool off. I believe I already racked up enough t and c violations to put me back into negative points today already.

This is a rare apology from me so dont get accustomed to it. I just take offense to you insulting what I believe to be one of if not the best communities on the net, and I take such things personally.

Dont mind me I am just a dick irl.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I am lost. What was the point in them voting if nothing is binding. What did they vote on.

www.senate.gov...

If you click on the link above and read it says the following.

Statement of Purpose:

To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty

Why would they vote if nothing would become binding???? Please educate me.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Boy, someone is a little Kranky today.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

agenda 21

Agenda 21 is intrinsically correct, the methodology may be questionable as the ideologies (opposing and supporting it) to advance their own goals.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So you are saying that most of ATS is..."largely paranoid, delusional, incapable of critical thought, gullible, incapable of independent research skills and easily brainwashed."

You have such negative and low opinions of most of us...I really do not want to study nor learn from someone who seems to think they are so superior to the majority here on ATS.

If you were really a wise person...you would have created this thread with a wide and compassionate understanding of the wonderful diversity here on ATS...and that we all are doing our best to learn and grow.

You certainly don't believe we are capable of much...but you are wrong!

edit on 25-3-2013 by caladonea because: edit
:

edit on 25-3-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Heres your Medication.

I took mine while reading your thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join