It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have The Russians Already Quietly Withdrawn All Their Cash From Cyprus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by undertheraydar

Hmm, I dunno.

Its the banks who need the money.

Its the banks who hold the money.

I cant see the banks letting the Ruskies walk in and demand the money anymore than anyone else.

Money is a harsh Mistress. Very fickle to boot. No one bank will stop her when she decides to bed another.

Des

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

and I ask the question again..."Have you ever been to Cyprus?"
It's not just russian money, it's every shady european money
since switzerland decided to share information with anti-corruption authorities all the dirty money moved to cyprus. off-shores, they are not owned just by russians, but by brits, austrians, americans, germans, romanians, bulgarians and every nation you want

once again, please read about cyprus, do a little research. they are not that innocent
just lie the greeks. everybody was feeling sorry for the greek. every time i was in greece and asked for a receipt they would find all sorts of excuses not to give one, even at 5 star hotels. so, the fact that taxes were imposed on them, it is a good thing. I have friends that make officially 500 euros a month yet they own besides their apartment in Athens, 2 vacation villas in the islands. If you are in the EU, either we all pay taxes or nobody. simple as that. try in america not to pay taxes for a year see what happens. That money coming from taxes built the highways and metros. no taxes no infrastructure, no schools, no hospitals. very simple

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This 'bail-in' may not affect those accounts with less than 100,000 but the people are being crushed there. Grocery stores are emptying out and not getting shipments because the companies aren't getting paid and don't trust that they ever will.

Massive protests, a bomb going off at a bank, banks are closed until Thursday now (and I bet they'll extend it through the weekend, too) and there's going to be a huge run on the banks. No one trusts the system anymore. The Cyprus leader even threatened to resign. This tiny island is going to collapse and the ripples will be felt world-wide. So it's a tax haven. Okay. But there are real, hard-working people, too, and they're getting hurt.

Other threads on here have posters all taking money out of their banks. I have done that, too. We don't believe it won't affect the US. Even news anchors are starting to question whether our money is 'safe'.

Glad it's all over? Not by a LONG shot!
edit on 26-3-2013 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by Senduko
reply to post by St Udio

They can't because the accounts are blocked. By the time they can access it the money will be gone.

i would think that the banks would need to give the account owner a full business day at least to ammend their accounts, or consolodate them, or

it seems i got the reality wrong...
the Russians & other big-time depositers (+100,000 or more)

had a back-door escape method of extracting their deposit accounts from that 40% seizure

the Russians used the London branches of the Cyprus banks to transfer their 10s of Billions in Euros
or they used their Russian bank that was 80% invested by the Cyprus bank to allow for transferring their monies out of the 'closed' banks ---
even while the citizens in Cyprus have their accounts drained from the bank becoming insolvent and all their savings are ZERO...but the Russian mafia & other oligarchs brought all their money home...

one needs to wonder if that was the result the Cyprus bankers, the ECB, IMF, World Bank really intended to happen

source:www.zerohedge.com...

new article, from 25 March 2013

related reading: ferfal.blogspot.com.br...

edit on 26-3-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The writing is on the wall for all to see. The little man will suffer while the Ruskies take the money and run and the country degrades into ruin. Just another dominoe that will cause another to fall.....but someone made sure it was not them.

www.blacklistednews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join