It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg launches $12M ad assault on guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Bloomberg launches $12M ad assault on guns

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and National Rifle Association chief Wayne LaPierre squared off on Sunday's "Meet The Press" over the assault weapons ban being debated in Congress.

"We are going to have a vote for sure on assault weapons and we're going to have a vote on background checks," Bloomberg continued. "And if we were to get background checks only, it wouldn't be as good as if we got both, but we demanded a plan and then we demanded a vote. We've got the plan, we're going to get the vote. And now it's incumbent on us to make our voices heard."

...the billionaire mayor said he's spending $12 million on an advertising campaign—set to launch in 10 states on Monday—that touts tougher gun laws.

I said this earlier. New York's gun laws will be nationalized either by other states, or by the federal government. It has begun.

The NRA chief criticized the gun control legislation currently on Capitol Hill, calling the proposed universal background checks a "speed bump" for law-abiding gun owners.

More feel-good legislation that won't put a dent into crimes committed with a firearm. Criminals don't get background checks!! Where's the common sense?

"The whole thing, universal checks, is a dishonest premise. There's not a bill on the Hill that provides a universal check. Criminals aren't going to be checked," LaPierre said. "The mental health records are not in the system, and they don't prosecute any of the criminals that they catch. ... It slows down the law abiding and does nothing to anybody else."

Bloomberg launches million dollar ad assaul on guns

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That seems like a waste of taxpayer money to me. Doesn't the government waste enough money already? I suppose they are using the money from the disaster relief fund to pay for this venture.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
That seems like a waste of taxpayer money to me. Doesn't the government waste enough money already? I suppose they are using the money from the disaster relief fund to pay for this venture.

Exactly. I see ads on television everday spouting "Rebuild." Put that money into disaster relief funds. Geez people.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
What better way to spend the taxpayers hard earned money? political pig!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The article never said that Bloomberg was spending taxpayer money. It said he was spending his own money. $12 mil of his own money. I'm sure that is a drop in his bucket, and he may be a "political pig", but let us get our facts straight before we judge and condemn.

I think most people are waking up to the political scams and fear mongering that are out there, so be sure you READ THE ARTICLE before you type, open your mouths, etc.

It is best to be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

top topics

join