It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Lucidity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Does dream lucidity open up for us a portal to understanding ourselves and what we really are?

Has anyone been playing around with consciousness during dream lucidity or explore any of our metaphysical and philosophical ideas?

I think dream lucidity can probably be used to find information out from the universe.

Have any of you been playing with this idea like i have or tried anything?

What are some of your ideas about it and have you tried any of it?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I've been able to go lucid since i was a child, but I never developed control over it. It pops in suddenly. Something in the dream will trigger it and I will suddenly realize I'm dreaming. The trick at that point is to stop myself from waking up, because sometimes it's like a knee jerk reaction and I can't stop it.

But I like what your asking and if I can get control over it, maybe I can explore the possibility.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Yeah i cant really become lucid when i want. Its happened briefly a few times. I work on it but its not easy for me to get into that state.

I feel like that state is harder for me to get into. I dont know why or what that means but its true.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I've gone lucid quite a few times, the annoying thing is though as soon as I'm aware I'm dreaming I end up running back to where my sleeping body is in the dream and pushing myself into waking up. I'd love to know how to prevent this and explore the lucid state.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KBadger
I've gone lucid quite a few times, the annoying thing is though as soon as I'm aware I'm dreaming I end up running back to where my sleeping body is in the dream and pushing myself into waking up. I'd love to know how to prevent this and explore the lucid state.

If you are truly lucid then you should be able to control yourself in the dream and stop yourself from waking up.. yourself. I have officially confused myself

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There are two universes in play, both connected in every imaginable way. There is the macrocosmic universe around us, and the microcosmic universe within us.

Both universes glorify God, and within both we find, in this sort of duality, the ultimate wisdom of the ages: Love, peace, true beauty, and harmony with all things. We find that there is only here and now, and that all things are interconnected. No such thing is tangible, independent, or concrete. These things are concepts. They may be useful to help us understand the physical world, but they are merely the tip of the iceberg in helping us understand the true reality that is both beyond and within us.

Our subconscious is the key to understanding this. Our subconscious is not, as many Western minded individuals think it is, a vague haze behind our eyes in which things often get lost, but sometimes come out of the haze to the forefront as memory or abstractions. In truth, our mind is a diamond, merely reflecting all other diamonds that make up the conceivable universe.

In our dreams, we find these reflections. Memories, merely waves as the waves of the ocean. Through our subconscious, the doors of perception are opened, we find the truth.

Lucid dreaming is an important method of revealing the truth. In lucid dreams, we may talk with the ancients, we may witness our past lives, we may travel to worlds of old and new. But in the end, in our dreams, we find reality.

I've practiced lucid dreaming for some years now. Virtually every day, I have an A written on the palm of my hand, as an indicator that if I ever feel like I'm dreaming, I may look upon it and see that I'm not. But once I am in my dreams, I may look upon my hand and, upon seeing something out of the ordinary, become aware of the dream. Thus, lucid dreaming is "activated."

We may use our lucid dreams to experience wonderful sensual pleasures, or we may use it for wisdom. Ultimately, dreams help us wake up, and lucid dreams make us aware of the waking dream we are in.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

WOW.

That was wonderfully written. So why dont you describe some of what your experiencing during your own personal search for consciousness.

Why dont you tell me about what youve discovered with this philosophy and what questions youve asked?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I go lucid more often than not and like an earlier poster I then have to battle to stay in the dream, the other interesting thing I seem to have are a number of scenario's that repeat on a regular basis and as I record the more
interesting dreams in a journal I know this to be true.
There are 4 or 5 regular dreams that seem to be a few weeks or more apart, my question is. Is it possible we visit other dimensions when we sleep, and before all the naysayers start slamming me. This could be why I have regular re-occurrences often with the same people that I dont know in this life.
I am just asking the question, I am sure no one has a definitive answer to.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I've spoken with Plato, Jesus, Muhammed, Buddha, Lao Zhi, and various other saints and philosophers. I've also had conversations with family members who have passed away, such as my mother.

It was one of the important factors in me discovering who (or more like what) God is. It undeniably showed me that God exists, and allowed me to see past all of the nonsense dogma and man-made doctrines, and get right down to the true existence and nature of God. Though most of that nature and existence is obscured, and is a "mystery", that which I could see (which we all can see) what so full of love and peace that it made me break down in tears at how unworthy I was to even know the tiniest fragment of wisdom of God.

And I did this all without "searching" in the conventional sense. I more or less kept my mind opened and put myself in a state of balance and harmony, and let what would come to me, come to me. It did, in waves, and many of my personal questions were answered.

But the biggest one was answered: What happens when we die?

And the answer was given: As we die, we live. And as we live, we die. These bodies we are, pass into death, and are conditioned to aging, sickness, and death. But all things have a duality, from the tiniest thing to the largest, throughout the universe. We have a physical self, and a spiritual self, though there is no "higher" or "lower" self (those are just concepts). Our spiritual self returns to the source of all that is good, and we return. Life was likened to me like a school, and in each life we live a lesson, die, to return again and continue learning.

I was also told to meditate often, and to not take life so seriously. That is to say, not to shirk responsibility or treat life and everything in it as trivial, but that in the end, all material has the condition of turning to dust. It is what we take with us in spirit that matters. Life, in our experiences and lessons learned, gives us more of the great mystery of existence, and helps us learn to love unconditionally, for God loves us unconditionally.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Well you have definetley have made this thread worth starting. Its interesting how you go from being lucid to realizing that your in a state of consciousness or deeply meditated. Sleep is the ultimate form of meditation during which we find lucidity and are able to conceive of something as grand as a balanced state. It only takes sense to take the practive of meditation into our dream state and begin questing reality and consciousness while there. I wonder how we get to the point where can we exist in an eternal state of consciousness where coming back is no longer regarded as an option.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
IMO it's simply an evolutionary tool that has been mostly lost to us.

A tool to play out specific scenarios without consequence.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

How can you elaborate more into what you mean be that? Like how about for instance what scenarios?
edit on 22-3-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

How can you elaborate more into what you mean be that? Like how about for instance what scenarios?

Any scenario the dreamer wishes to encounter. You name it. LD is only limited by the seemingly limitless imagination.

Ancient man would most probably have used lucid dreaming to prepare for the upcoming hunt, to prepare for battles, or other extremely important tasks.

There is a huge advantage to the animal that has the ability not only to critically think about future events, but whom can also play them out consciously, "physically", visually, and emotionally in a dream state.

EDIT:
In simplest terms, Lucid dreaming is an intuitive simulator.
edit on 22-3-2013 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Interesting. I wonder if we could teach ourselves while there?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I would love to know more about how to control lucidity better. How to bring it on more often, and how to stop my body from waking uncontrollably once lucidity is achieved. I've never used it in such a way as to find answers to the unknown, but I am intrigued.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

Originally posted by Under Water
I would love to know more about how to control lucidity better. How to bring it on more often, and how to stop my body from waking uncontrollably once lucidity is achieved. I've never used it in such a way as to find answers to the unknown, but I am intrigued.

This might help. =)

A Quick Tutorial on How to Have Lucid Dreams (there are a bunch of bookmarks in the side-panel if you download the pdf)

And the somewhat haphazard
rough draft originally posted to ATS ...

Oneironauts: A Quick Tutorial on How To Have Lucid Dreams

I would be curious to know if it works for you.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Understanding dreams is a good way to observe the subtle effects of the will on the mind. Lucid dreaming can also make you aware of your awareness and allows you to learn about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I find that there is a difference between controlling the content of a dream and actually creating the content of the dream. If you think about it, you can understand it is much like using your computer to control the content that comes to it over the internet, but you can't control what comes to your computer.

Plus, my efforts of lucid dreaming are fragmentary and if honesty is allowed, we are not fully lucid. The "lucidity" of our dream state of mind is a long way from a normal state of mind. This is my understanding of my own efforts and the mileage of others may vary.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I've had very few instances of lucid dreaming myself,but here are 2 that contained lucid segments.

In the first,i arrived (start of dream) in someone's backyard,at night,standing on a lawn facing a vibacrete wall.I then felt i wanted to fly,so i started climbing into the air,like one would climb stairs.At a certain altitude,i went horizontal,and was floating over a dark sleeping neighbourhood.At a certain point i landed,and was looking up into the sky,where there was something strange.There was a cloud,but in the cloud there was an orange glow,like fire-reminded me of those launchings at Cape Canaveral,but i could see just the bottom part of the lift-off flames/ignition.I stretched my arms out to this fire in the clouds,it was orange of course,grey and black too and seemed to be churning-i was really wanting to be picked up and taken along by whatever the firecloud was-but it did'nt pick me up,and i could not climb the air or fly up by myself anymore.I got the feeling that it was not time.I found it strange,even in the dream,that this was quite a scary sight,the firecloud,but still i Really wanted to go along,for it to take me with.I felt very dissapointed that i could not go then.

The second dream left an extremely positive effect on me.
I arrived in the dream on a wooden harbour type structure,at night,in the middle of a dark pitchblack ocean.There were some steps leading from the jetty into the ocean,and i went down one or 2 steps,then there was a slight windblown surge,and the ice-cold water splashed over me,my face and body,and my feet got sopping wet,the water was really cold.

I so vividly recall this:I swept my hair out of my face(bit like women do to be sexy:lol
but rather more practically and forcefully,to get rid of some water,and as i did this i thought to myself:"My God! What kind of dream IS this???"
I then looked down at my feet,which were cold and sodden-to find i was wearing my oldest daughter's shoes(ballet pumps style) and i thought:"Oh wooow..Anne's gonna kill me for ruining these shoes"

Next thing, i felt it was time to move to another location on this pier/harbour facility.There was a wooden cabin-type structure about a meter+half right behind me,which i assumed was an office,or such a purpose,and to the side of it,a walkway.I followed this walkway down the lenghth of the office/cabin building,and came to a part where a longish pier jutted out into the ocean,at the back of the cabin,there was something like a wooden roof covering part of this pier.Suddenly i felt the need to vomit-but not in a bad way.It was like i just said to myself:"You really should vomit now" and so i bent over on all fours-and started vomiting-but it was like a controlled vomiting,i could control the time i started.When i decided to start-gallons and gallons and more gallons of pitchblack liquid,it was a miniature Niagara Falls

Then while vomiting,i realised there was a big book positioned under my body,a quite larger than average book,open about halfway through,i strained to see what was written in the pages,but i could just see white pages,and with all the hale+hearty joyous barfing and rivers of black liquid falling on it-it was impossible to see what,if anything,was written on the pages.

That's all i remember of that-but from the moment i woke up the next morning-what a DIFFERENCE in me-i felt tons lighter,like an enormous weight/debt on me,bearing down on me+my life had been lifted.I felt like i was floating,like literally tons of heaviness has been lifted from me-i felt freer and lighter and just happier and more positive than i have felt since first memory.

This effect never quite left-even if in the 2 years since,i would still sometimes get bogged down with the occasional worries+strife,depressions or problems,its like that dream caused a fundamental change in me.

I spoke in another thread of when i get negative/resentful/depressed/ungrateful these days,there's something in me that REASONS with me,and help me to see things in perspective,and helps me cast off the depression or negativity,even if it does'nt occur instantly,it Always does occur-well,i think it that is part of what ever strange and astounding and wonderful "shedding of the load' occured in that dream.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Ooo, thank you! I will be reading those links this weekend!

<<   2 >>

join