It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New details of Newtown shooting coming March 29 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This should be interesting......seems lawmakers in Conn. are not to happy with Col. Stebbins.

Cafero on Wednesday called it ‘‘really galling’’ to read Stebbins’ account of the Newtown investigation in the newspaper after legislative leaders repeatedly asked, with no success, for information from the state police as they try to craft a legislative response to the massacre that addresses gun violence, mental health and school security. The bipartisan closed-door talks were continuing on Thursday and a vote by the full General Assembly may be held before the end of the month.

www.boston.com...

Also some parents met today with Peter Lanza........

www.usatoday.com...

I wonder what he disclosed if anything about Adam's mental problems if any. It is airing Friday morning on CBS.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SMOKINGGUN2012

About damn time Peter Lanza started meeting with the victims' families! I've been wondering where he's been hiding and wondering why he hadn't issued a statement and condolences.
Interesting to see that the parent who wanted to meet with him is none other than Robbie Parker's wife.
There's an interesting YouTube video detailing Robbie Parker's life and proving he'd recently moved to Newtown and that he'd been working in hospitals as a neonatal respiratory technician or something along these lines.
I can't help but wonder what was discussed.... , but we'll probably never know.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is personally my "favorite" part of the article:

While Malloy, a Democrat, expressed his anger over details of the investigation being released at the seminar, he said he is ‘‘bewildered by the demands’’ of House Minority Leader Lawrence Cafero Jr., R-Norwalk, and others who want a special briefing before they can take a firm position on a legislative response to the Newtown shooting.

‘‘To Mr. Cafero and those others, I must ask: What more could you possibly need to know?’’ Malloy said.

‘‘We know for a fact that on Dec. 14, a very disturbed young man took a military-style rifle with high-capacity magazines into a school and murdered 20 innocent children and six innocent adults,’’ he said.

‘‘Today, more than three months later, the vast majority of people in Connecticut can agree on some simple, commonsense things we can do — right now — to ban the sale of the weapon he used, to outlaw the high-capacity magazines he used and to put in place systems that will make it much more difficult for a weapon like that to fall into the wrong hands,’’ Malloy added.

Translation: Stop your incessant whining about answers! We gave you answers! Now shut up! It's case closed! Let's just get on with the gun banning and confiscations!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
To those who are interested, here is Emilie Parker's art gallery, which, by definition, is a collection of pictures.
emilieparkerfund.com...

It's part of the Emilie Parker Fund website that was set up by Mr. and Mrs. Parker to raise money for art programs in the community.
I'm curious to know if Peter Lanza has contributed to this cause as a means of reaching out to Adam's victims' families.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well the interview was a total bust.......they met with him on Jan 23 but anything they might have learned about his medical condition they did not reveal to CBS News. Does that mean Peter Lanza had info to give them or just said I had no idea he was like that. The court documents from the divorce entitle him to any and all medical info he wishes. IMO he is way past due to release any and all info he has at least to answer those questions the victim's families may have. The police can't release any of that info by law only he can. He had to of known that his child had social problems in school and was taken out at some point. To let a child like that be around weapons after a divorce is a total failure as a parent PERIOD. He should have had an interest in his child's welfare especially considering his social difficulties. I want to hear him explain that.........
edit on 22-3-2013 by SMOKINGGUN2012 because: correction

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
To those who are interested, here is Emilie Parker's art gallery, which, by definition, is a collection of pictures.
emilieparkerfund.com...

It's part of the Emilie Parker Fund website that was set up by Mr. and Mrs. Parker to raise money for art programs in the community.
I'm curious to know if Peter Lanza has contributed to this cause as a means of reaching out to Adam's victims' families.

I'm not the only one wondering about the Sandy Hook charities.
www.nbcconnecticut.com...#!/news/local/State-Wants-Answers-from-Newtown-Charities/200546931
"Attorney General George Jepsen, along with the Consumer Protection commissioner, sent letters to 69 charities collecting money for Newtown."
It's a video report, so catch it while you can. Who knows if it might be taken down at any time.
I hope they're planning on scrutinizing ALL of the charities.

new topics

top topics

join