It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Year Old DUMB Entrance in Southern Idaho?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
I also grew up in southern Idaho the Twin Falls/Buhl area.

I have had many UFO sightings in the area though and have taken some odd chemtrail photos wherein the aircraft dispersing the aerosols was following a very distinct black line in the sky, something the likes of which I have never seen again.

This is a bit off topic but at one point while living in Mississippi I witnessed this same black line with chemtrails. People already thought I was nuts mentioning chemtrails so I was afraid to mention to many people about the black line. At first I thought it was some kind of after effect of staring at the white line from the chemtrail but I encountered this on more than one occasion and determined this wasnt the case. Do you know anything else about this black line? I imagined it to be some sort of projected guideline for the plane.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jersey Devil
With regards to the Sub Base there, I was a little curious if this is true or not so I was poking around with Google Earth in the area. I found "Something" weird... Its definitely unique. Not sure if its some sort of boat or Sub but it looks like its tied to the pilings next to a dock/building on the water. I cant figure out how to insert the screen shot I captured so do a google earth search for BAE Systems. look sort of south and there it is, cant miss it. I measured and its 127' long tip to tip.... WTF is that????

That would be typical of what they test there, which is large scale (but obviously not full size) submarines. I posted a link earlier in the thread, you can go take a peek at a larger article about some of the work they do, locals commenting on it, etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Perhaps mothman is back? When Mothman was around during the Point Pleasant bridge collapse, there were UFOs, Men In Black harrassing witnesses, and animal mutilations. Very strange!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
I also grew up in southern Idaho the Twin Falls/Buhl area.

I have had many UFO sightings in the area though and have taken some odd chemtrail photos wherein the aircraft dispersing the aerosols was following a very distinct black line in the sky, something the likes of which I have never seen again.

This is a bit off topic but at one point while living in Mississippi I witnessed this same black line with chemtrails. People already thought I was nuts mentioning chemtrails so I was afraid to mention to many people about the black line. At first I thought it was some kind of after effect of staring at the white line from the chemtrail but I encountered this on more than one occasion and determined this wasnt the case. Do you know anything else about this black line? I imagined it to be some sort of projected guideline for the plane.

That makes no sense. Aircraft have been flying without such things for decades and pilots know how to go where they want.

You saw a contrail's shadow on another cloud. The contrail may have been from a previous plane.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

I see your point but already considered that possibility. The "black line" extends well passed the plane or any contrails/chem-trails. I have viewed it through sunglasses , from in the car, out of the car , different angles and on multiple occasions. I am not saying you are wrong but I immediately was looking for any normal explanation when it occurred because the alternatives were so strange but I can say I do not believe it to be a shadow. I would like to see the pictures the previous poster I quoted had mentioned to compare.

Another thing I remember and is equally as strange the black line I have seen has also seemed to be coming from the ground before as well.
edit on 23-3-2013 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jersey Devil
With regards to the Sub Base there, I was a little curious if this is true or not so I was poking around with Google Earth in the area. I found "Something" weird... Its definitely unique. Not sure if its some sort of boat or Sub but it looks like its tied to the pilings next to a dock/building on the water. I cant figure out how to insert the screen shot I captured so do a google earth search for BAE Systems. look sort of south and there it is, cant miss it. I measured and its 127' long tip to tip.... WTF is that????

If you are talking about the vessel located at:
47°58'39.56"N
116°33'37.01"W

That is not a submarine. That is the Sea Jet. A technology demonstrator for the Zumwalt Class Destroyer. When it is out of the water, it measures a total of 133-feet. It's been up in the lake for testing since 2005.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Holy crap I've been reading this thread for the past week and there's so much I want to talk about because it's so damn crazy! LoL I'm from WA and even though I heard why Idahoans hate Californians I still don't understand why it's so extreme and profound in your state! I know that Idaho was going to be a part of WA but we let you guys have your own state because you were all crazy trouble causing miners back in the day!

Even though I'm from western WA we're more like Californians in our demeanor and it's not cuz we're on the west coast it's just part of us. Although most of my fellow Washingtonians are liberal we're still proud gun toting red blooded Northwesterners (and coffee drinkers), who like rain, trees, guns, camping, and bigfoot. Lots of us have that Californian stoner drawl in our words too. But we don't like CA smog, crazies, and drivers among other things lol. But I am curious about the peice of WA we gave to you guys called Idaho:

1.First I'm curious about all this occult activity?? I know about the other groups (white supremacists) as when we were camping by Moscow they had their yearly rally there. Also what's up with all that other mysterious stuff under these groups of weird people in the panhandle?

2.Second what's up with these secret bases and DUMBS? This really intrigues me. I was especially curious about that sub base until after reading I realized that most likely it's a deep lake that they test sub replicas and their equipment in. But about these deep and bottomless lakes, I have heard similar stories about certain ones around Mt. St. Hellens that led to the Columbia (after teenagers that fell through the ice lake in their truck had their bodies wash up on the side of the Columbia hundreds of miles away, but that's a story for a different thread).

3.And lastly what's up with this crazy cave that the thread was originally about? You guys also listed similar areas of interest as well. Care to explain some more?

Next time I go camping to Idaho I'm going to be looking at it in a whole new light... The place sounds WAY more freaky now

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

An article posted on the "ParaPolitical" website: " www.parapolitical.com... " talks of the Ore Idaho Factory (currently McCain Foods) was chosen by the Federal Government as an "auxilary command post" in the event of a national emergency during the Cold War. The factory is located west of Burley on Highway 30 in the right direction as the DUMB entrance is, however, the most unusual is what looks like short buildings (the height of a person's knees) are located in the parking lot of the HR Building. Could it be a possible DUMB entrance near the HR building? These appear to be ventilation buildings of some sort for something under the parking lot. Furthermore, millions of dollars are being spent upgrading and reconstructing the factory. Why? With tensions heating up with North Korea and China, could the goverment have future plans for the factory as an auxilary commmand post? All the construction areas of off limits to factory employees so who knows what is really going on in those construction zones.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
reply to post by mbkennel

I see your point but already considered that possibility. The "black line" extends well passed the plane or any contrails/chem-trails. I have viewed it through sunglasses , from in the car, out of the car , different angles and on multiple occasions. I am not saying you are wrong but I immediately was looking for any normal explanation when it occurred because the alternatives were so strange but I can say I do not believe it to be a shadow. I would like to see the pictures the previous poster I quoted had mentioned to compare.

Another thing I remember and is equally as strange the black line I have seen has also seemed to be coming from the ground before as well.
edit on 23-3-2013 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

Interesting... Some time back there was a UFO thread that had a picture taken from within a large commercial jet which which if I remember correctly ? Showed some sort of suspected craft and a black line as far as you could see across they sky. Might be worth checking out to see if they look similar.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MelvinFrohike1963
reply to post by abeverage

An article posted on the "ParaPolitical" website: " www.parapolitical.com... " talks of the Ore Idaho Factory (currently McCain Foods) was chosen by the Federal Government as an "auxilary command post" in the event of a national emergency during the Cold War. The factory is located west of Burley on Highway 30 in the right direction as the DUMB entrance is, however, the most unusual is what looks like short buildings (the height of a person's knees) are located in the parking lot of the HR Building. Could it be a possible DUMB entrance near the HR building? These appear to be ventilation buildings of some sort for something under the parking lot. Furthermore, millions of dollars are being spent upgrading and reconstructing the factory. Why? With tensions heating up with North Korea and China, could the goverment have future plans for the factory as an auxilary commmand post? All the construction areas of off limits to factory employees so who knows what is really going on in those construction zones.

Makes no sense. The plant wasn't built until 1960. And the government didn't have any interest in it until 1987. And they were only interested in it because the plant was not using a portion of the plant at the time. Plenty of shielded space that they could have used if Mountain Home Air Force Base were destroyed. These days, they don't need it. There are plenty of active underground bunkers that can fill their requirements.

Today, they facility has been completely revamped. There is no unused space. And there are no ventilation boxes in the parking lot that I can see. There are some electrical boxes right next to the flag poles in front of the office. But that is about it.

Also, there is currently no construction taking place at the plant. Not sure what you are talking about there. There hasn't been any major construction at the plant since before McCain Foods bought it in 1997. The only time the plant has construction is when they are retooling the plant for new products. Not exactly top secret stuff.

In fact, here is the last retooling they had:
www.potatopro.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

um yah if you are under the impression a foriegn country couldnt invade us,, governments dont think like that. hide everything!!!!! even from your own people, plus in itimes of great distress, people turn into animals and will kill to get simple medicines for family members.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join