It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Year Old DUMB Entrance in Southern Idaho?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by unsteadystate
reply to post by abeverage

First of all, yes the Broncos Stadium at BSU has blue turf. The broncos are the winningest team in college footbal BTW. We got rid of the white supremacists in Hayden Lake and surrounding areas years ago. Also everyone seems to forget that an area larger than area 51 exists and is shrouded in mystery, it is called The Idaho National Lab and is located near the small town of Arco. Very strange things going on out there.

INL is the principal R&D lab for non-naval nuclear reactor engineering.
edit on 22-3-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

reply to post by flyswatter

Have you ever been out there? I have been right up to the fence on many occassions and I have seen things that I cannot explain on more than one occasion.
There is other research going on out there that might include anything. No one knows. We are talking about almost a thousand square miles of VERY highly patrolled and secured area. Rumor has it that there is an entire hidden underground base that can only be accessed from inside the fence.

Of course it's well patrolled, because there are chemical and radiological hazards.

I have talked to many residents of the areas around the facility and every one of them has seen or heard things that they could not explain.

Such as?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

What in the HELL are you talking about? Garfield Bay is filled with boats and anyone can go there, there are coffee shops and eateries.

There's NOTHING "hidden" in Garfield Bay, there is not "secret sub base". What a load of crap.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I live in North Idaho, beautiful place, but don't believe all the stories you hear. The Navy does have a small base in Bayview, I think some of you are getting the names confused. There are submarines there, because the lake, is so deep they can do testing out there. The lake is so deep, that after WWII, they took all the surgical supplies that were not used and dropped them in the bottom on the lake.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUBD1

What in the HELL are you talking about? Garfield Bay is filled with boats and anyone can go there, there are coffee shops and eateries.

There's NOTHING "hidden" in Garfield Bay, there is not "secret sub base". What a load of crap.

I think he meant NEAR Garfield Bay, like maybe just to the south and outside of it. I agree, in Garfield Bay itself, no go - its far too small of a little inlet for anything.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777
I live in North Idaho, beautiful place, but don't believe all the stories you hear. The Navy does have a small base in Bayview, I think some of you are getting the names confused. There are submarines there, because the lake, is so deep they can do testing out there. The lake is so deep, that after WWII, they took all the surgical supplies that were not used and dropped them in the bottom on the lake.

Yo, fellow Idaho brutha! Where up there do you call home?

Personally, I'm in Boise, doing the corporate (but government contracted) grind at HP.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

reply to post by abeverage

First of all, yes the Broncos Stadium at BSU has blue turf. The broncos are the winningest team in college footbal BTW. We got rid of the white supremacists in Hayden Lake and surrounding areas years ago. Also everyone seems to forget that an area larger than area 51 exists and is shrouded in mystery, it is called The Idaho National Lab and is located near the small town of Arco. Very strange things going on out there.
We dont hate Californians but really really dont like it when they come up here and buy an out of state hunting license and proceed to shoot at anything that moves when they never should even own a hunting rifle or shotgun. I was peppered by a Californian hunting quail who shot at me when he didnt have a clear line of sight.
We also dont like the herion, coc aine and meth that comes from there.
I have only heard one or two stories about Satan worshipping here and it almost always involves methamphetamine crazed junkies.
Anyone that says Idaho is a very scary place is just plain stupid. It is one of the most beautiful states in the lower 48 and has more hot springs ( which are just awesome ) than anywhere else in the world. We have one of the best colleges for the sciences in the country (Idaho State University) .
So I would suggest visiting my beautiful state before you trash talk it.
edit on 3/22/2013 by unsteadystate because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/22/2013 by unsteadystate because: Add content and spelling

Well even if you could convince me that Idaho exists and is so beautiful and scenic and the people are nice. I doubt I would go around saying nice things or bragging about it in fear that a place that wonderful would not be appreciated or spoiled by those who don't see it's beauty! If I were a native of Idaho I might even go so far as to try and scare people off who would not respect my state again if it even exists. Or I might even convince them of crazy conspiracies to keep out the wary if I lived in this imaginary state...

hehe...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by walliswallis

Ok seriously now OP I did like the story as it was at least better then the bland conspiracies set in the Middle of no-where (or at least were few people visit or live) that befall ATS as there was some actually investigating being done.

Now if Idaho does exist there are actually numerous underground cave systems that run across most of the state. and if you believe what you read on the Innerwebs there are Massive caves some more famous and well known some just think they are more mysterious...

And as far as Ore-ida they have good tater tots if you were wondering but No DUMB's.

Well I am off again to drive into another typical spring almost blizzard just outside of Burley or as we like to call it...The Idaho Zone...

If Idaho exists...

edit on 23-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CUBD1

It's not in Garfield bay it's just by there from what I remember... But there's definitely a sub base in the area.. I built a few houses out in bottle bay and seen it my self. Along with the castle on the water with the parapets...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Reply to post by abeverage

Oregon and Washington hate Californians more. If you know what "the dream" is it will make more sense.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Ok seriously now OP I did like the story as it was at least better then the bland conspiracies set in the Middle of no-where (or at least were few people visit or live) that befall ATS as there was some actually investigating being done.

I've never been to Idaho but you write like I imagine a person from Idaho speaks.

(all in good fun!)

Anyway, the author of the story takes an overly skeptical view of the question, IMO. He chalks it up to a series of coincidences. The Ore-Ida foods ABOVE GROUND "facility" (not base) - for those who actually read the article linked instead of reading the first three sentences and deciding to comment - is used by the author to dismiss the idea the idea that there is a DUMB in the area -

in 1987 the Ore-Ida Foods factory in Burley was vetted by the federal government for use as an auxiliary command and control facility to be activated in the event of a national emergency, part of a continuity-of-government program suspended after the Cold War. (It’s unknown if it was ultimately selected for that purpose, though the fact it was considered at all seems to further limit the likelihood that some type of “secret” subterranean structure of the type strongly implied by the Haycock letter – and subsequently claimed by Branton in The Dulce Book – was located in the area. The National Program Office, the agency responsible for the project involving Ore-Ida Foods, seemed to prioritize remoteness from existing facilities as one of several criteria in selecting contingency facilities.)

- IMO this is making as big of an assumption as so-called skeptics say about conspiracy theorists. That is, "it wouldn't make sense that X happens, therefore it didn't happen, but I don't have any further proof."

So, no, I don't agree with the conclusions reached by the story I posted in the OP in this thread. I'm only interested in some of the independent facts separate from the author's skeptical spin.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
oh. my. god.

I moved to SE Idaho 9 years ago from California. I have seen the dumb entrances literally EVERYWHERE around southern Idaho, not just Burley...

IDAHO DUMB ENTRANCES LOCATED!

edit on 23-3-2013 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
oh. my. god.

I moved to SE Idaho 9 years ago from California. I have seen the dumb entrances literally EVERYWHERE around southern Idaho, not just Burley...

IDAHO DUMB ENTRANCES LOCATED!

edit on 23-3-2013 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

Yeah, them there DUMB entrances be well hidden, by golly!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

BS you are one of them

DONT TRUST THIS GUY!!!

just kidding ^^

when it comes to free money (tax payers) and lots of it,, nothing surprises me what or where they would build a base..

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

yah i dont buy it either, whos says they cant have several places above ground for military exercise (or natural disasters) it could be taken over just to be a place of food drop off or medical supplies while real military exercise taking place just 5 mins away in a dumb or at least hidden base.

if anyone really wanted to know they should just drive there with a ground penetrating sonar device and just scan up and down the area ^^ im pretty sure you can rent them for a couple thousand dollars ,,, out of my reach and to far away but maybe some of you have the dough or know of a unvirsity professor who might have one ^^

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Not to sound racist but the Burly area is full of Mexicans and some of them are rather creepy. I'm not saying all of them are, but the ones who are not born here come here with some beliefs and behaviors we would find abhorrent. Let's leave it at that. As for the Californians, I am from there but been here for over 30 years. The influx of Californians from the 2000's vastly changed our state. In some ways for the better but mostly for the worst. The biggest deal is the attitude of these Cali drivers. Driving here used to be a lot more enjoyable before they showed up with their arrogant and aggressive driving attitudes. Lucky for me I live near everywhere I go so don't have to deal much with it. I've met some people who were clearly afraid to tell me they were from Cali lol. I guess the hate is real, though I do not "hate" them. Just some of their nasty habits and attitudes they brought with them, and all the mansions they built with the money they got from their stupid houses in Cali. Makes the rest of us feel like we live in shacks lol. We still only have 1.2 million people here though but hey, we just got a Whole Foods and now we are getting a Trader Joe's and maybe that's in part due to the influx of Californians. Unfortunately, as a moderate Democrat I regret that the majority are die hard Republicans escaping the liberalism of CA. But yeah, creepy # happens here. That said, I have lived in many other states and I can say Idahoans are among the friendliest in general. Drove to So Cal about a year ago and got flipped off 4 times for driving normally and at the speed limit. But you definitely don't want to come here. We have LOTS of Satanists and stuff. Definitely stay away.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

So they would camouflage facilities with grass and sand just for medical supplies and equipment? Makes no sense, hey not talking about aliens here, but at least something not to be widely known may be kept there - including military technology.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone

Even today the area is a hotbed for "ritualistic" activity.
There is a news story published by Reuters dated today with the headline

"Missing dogs, ritualistic killing confound Idaho officials"

The mysterious disappearance of about 30 dogs in southern Idaho has baffled animal control officials and raised concerns among dog lovers after a German shepherd was found with its head crushed in a suspected ritual killing.

Source

ETA...Also, the controversial and mysterious Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah, aka "Area 52" are just South of this area of Idaho

edit on 21-3-2013 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

I wouldn't say "just south" there's 300 miles of highway between the two, or 200 miles as the crow flies.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
With regards to the Sub Base there, I was a little curious if this is true or not so I was poking around with Google Earth in the area. I found "Something" weird... Its definitely unique. Not sure if its some sort of boat or Sub but it looks like its tied to the pilings next to a dock/building on the water. I cant figure out how to insert the screen shot I captured so do a google earth search for BAE Systems. look sort of south and there it is, cant miss it. I measured and its 127' long tip to tip.... WTF is that????

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

My family extended family lives in Burly and I've been there many times. I live in SW Idaho.
These stories are possibly based on real events, but satanism and dead animals were something we heard about growing up in Idaho, I remember I saw a few weird things growing up like a bunch of dead blackbirds, a dead cat with some dirty all white cloths and a lot of footprints on the ground by a field near my house. It looked weird at the time, but looking back it was probably the local kids swimming in the nearby canal leaving some cloths and shooting some birds/feral cats.

Basically these stories are sensationalized and exaggerated. Although there are some caves around i'm 99% sure they contain nothing interesting and also I'm unaware of any satanic groups here. Considering I've lived here for almost 30 years and these are small towns we are talking about, I seriously doubt this stuff is even close to the truth. I could be wrong I guess, just giving my opinion as a local.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join