It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Year Old DUMB Entrance in Southern Idaho?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Spotted on Reddit today ...

long-story short ... a 35 year old guy in a farm town in southern Idaho writes to a magazine in 1948 saying he's discovered the entrance to an underground facility, then he ends up dead and "mutilated" a couple months later

I find the story unique because there's a trail of official documents, not just anonymous internet posts ... except for the autopsy records of the mutilated guy which the local Coroner says are "missing."

link -
www.parapolitical.com...

In the late 1980s there were reports of human sacrifices occurring in a farming town nine miles from Burley after the body of a disemboweled infant was discovered on a makeshift altar.

edit on 21-3-2013 by walliswallis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I loved reading the Grand Cosmic Conspiracy and the Branton files. Great read one has to wonder if there is atleast some truth contained within.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by walliswallis

What a great find and interesting story. Thanks for posting this, there is a bunch of info here that i would love some additional evidence of...

We traveled to Burley, Idaho to check the obituaries of the local newspaper, the Burley Bulletin, from the time of Haycock’s death. The Burley Bulletin ceased publishing some years ago, however, microfilmed past issues are kept at the Burley Public Library. No death notice or news concerning Haycock’s passing was published in the applicable issues of that newspaper.

(In 1948 the Burley Bulletin was owned by Senator Henry Dworshak, a member of the Joint Committee on Atomic Energy. Dworshak’s fellow Senator from Idaho would eventually be Frank Church, most famous in conspiracy circles for his role convening the eponymous Church Committee which investigated the CIA’s MK-ULTRA “mind control” program.)

Plus it would be nice to find these other locations mentioned...

other caves this writer knows of which might merit investigation. The first is in the Smoky mountains of North Carolina in the Nantahalie(?) Gorge. It is called 'The Blowing Springs' and is easily reached from the highway

"The second is called 'The Devil's Well' and is located in the 'Hole-In-Ground' near Pine City, Washington. The cave is very round and approximately five feet in diameter. People are known to be afraid to enter the cave due to the rumor that it is a rattlesnake den. It would be interesting to learn if there is any truth to the rattlesnakes and why it is named 'The Devil's Well,' and by whom!."

Upon some reflection im wondering if the "devils hole" is the famous i have heard of that is believed to be a bittomless pit?

edit on 21-3-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel

Plus it would be nice to find these other locations mentioned...

other caves this writer knows of which might merit investigation. The first is in the Smoky mountains of North Carolina in the Nantahalie(?) Gorge. It is called 'The Blowing Springs' and is easily reached from the highway

"The second is called 'The Devil's Well' and is located in the 'Hole-In-Ground' near Pine City, Washington. The cave is very round and approximately five feet in diameter. People are known to be afraid to enter the cave due to the rumor that it is a rattlesnake den. It would be interesting to learn if there is any truth to the rattlesnakes and why it is named 'The Devil's Well,' and by whom!."

Upon some reflection im wondering if the "devils hole" is the famous i have heard of that is believed to be a bittomless pit?

That's a good question, wasn't that Mel's Hole? Perhaps they're one in the same?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Even today the area is a hotbed for "ritualistic" activity.
There is a news story published by Reuters dated today with the headline

"Missing dogs, ritualistic killing confound Idaho officials"

The mysterious disappearance of about 30 dogs in southern Idaho has baffled animal control officials and raised concerns among dog lovers after a German shepherd was found with its head crushed in a suspected ritual killing.

Source

ETA...Also, the controversial and mysterious Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah, aka "Area 52" are just South of this area of Idaho

edit on 21-3-2013 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yes i was thinking of Mel's hole but now I dont think they are the same.
Mels hole is said to be in Ellisburg, WA. Which is in Kittitas county (according to the wiki link) and the "pine city" mentioned in the article is in Whitman county which are fairly far apart.
But...i did find an interesting bit on pine city being a "ghost town"

Ghosttown.com
Didnt find a reason for its abandonment.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Interesting story that you have share with us! I'm always in search of a good
mystertious story,this one kept my attention.I hope some will come forward
with more info,but when the military or any secret ops is involved,good luck!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone

Even today the area is a hotbed for "ritualistic" activity.
There is a news story published by Reuters dated today with the headline

"Missing dogs, ritualistic killing confound Idaho officials"

The mysterious disappearance of about 30 dogs in southern Idaho has baffled animal control officials and raised concerns among dog lovers after a German shepherd was found with its head crushed in a suspected ritual killing.

Source

ETA...Also, the controversial and mysterious Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah, aka "Area 52" are just South of this area of Idaho

edit on 21-3-2013 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

Wow, Star for the area 52 connection and dead dogs! The headline from the 1992 LA Times report linked in the OP was absolutely creepy:

"Idaho Gothic : Other American Towns Have Been Haunted by Rumors of Rampant Satanism and Human Sacrifice. But Rupert, Idaho, Is Different. Rupert, Idaho, Has the Body of Baby X."
edit on 21-3-2013 by walliswallis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Everyone knows Idaho doesn't really exist!

Supposedly the capital city has a Football Stadium That has blue turf? What is that about? It seems really strange to me this now nationally known tiny university would have such strange stadium!

Northern parts of the so called state of Idaho have several unsolved mysteries! and isn't IDAHO where all those white supremists are?

They are trying to Pass a law that makes everyone in the state a militia!!!

There is a TOP SECRET lab & research facility that is shrouded in mystery! There was of course those supposed FEMA camps that they have hidden so well there appears to be no trace of the FEMA Camp!

IDAHO IS CREEPY! as this proported video taken supposedly in Idaho shows that! If they somehow made it to Idaho, cause like I said...

One of the strangest things I have heard is How often Boise shows up in Movies & TV! It is so strange I hear it all the time almost, like it is subliminal!!! Some of the really strange ones are Sci-fi in nature! Or some one is always from there, like in Donnie Darko!. More later if you click the link to Hate the State...if you liked Napoleon Dynamite!

That all goes back to my Does Idaho exist which show up in the Urban Dictionary! this ties back into the Movie called My own Private Idaho! and song of the same name! Even the Flat Earth followers claim Idaho does not exist!

20. Does Idaho exist No. The existence of Idaho is a lie, fabricated by a conspiracy of cartographers, as is England (see question 10).

I would steer clear of Idaho! Especially if you are from California! Even the people that have supposedly been there Have Hate for that State...That is of course if you think it even exists!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I lived in 5 or 6 places in Idaho but am originally from California so I have kind of an outsiders perspective. They absolutely Hate Californians and with good reason (that's a long Story) but I can tell you that the satanic cults and white supremacy up there is VERY REAL AND VERY SCARY! I personally have came across some hidden military stuff up there while back packing during the summer and do believe there is DUMB's scattered throughout the region. But as for murders and abductions and mutilations, I really honestly think that those are all done by the crazy ass Satanic People that are everywhere up there.
You'd never know it looking from the outside in but there's a lot of weird stuff up there that the locals don't share. I had family there so I was sort of welcomed after being up there for 5or6 years. I never was involved in anything but you tend to know things after a while when you live in towns of 75/100/200 people.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
I lived in 5 or 6 places in Idaho but am originally from California so I have kind of an outsiders perspective. They absolutely Hate Californians and with good reason (that's a long Story) but I can tell you that the satanic cults and white supremacy up there is VERY REAL AND VERY SCARY! I personally have came across some hidden military stuff up there while back packing during the summer and do believe there is DUMB's scattered throughout the region. But as for murders and abductions and mutilations, I really honestly think that those are all done by the crazy ass Satanic People that are everywhere up there.
You'd never know it looking from the outside in but there's a lot of weird stuff up there that the locals don't share. I had family there so I was sort of welcomed after being up there for 5or6 years. I never was involved in anything but you tend to know things after a while when you live in towns of 75/100/200 people.

Hidden Military stuff? I have been trying to track down some! They have an Air Force base and they tested Submarines in the north...I was like what??? SUBMARINES in a land locked state? WTF! There are rumors this Top Secret Sub Base Maybe it has an underground tunnel to the Columbia and the Pacific?!?
Yeah I have heard they don't like Californians nothing like violently or anything though. If I were a Ex-Californian I would move to Oregon or Washington...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
On a side note for those interested, look into Ponderay Paddle Monster.. (Could also be spelled "Pon D Oreille)
I lived in Sandpoint, ClarkFork, Cocolalla, Couer D' Alene and personally have never seen it but am 99% sure it exists. That lake is SO MASSIVE!!!! It is even connected underground to the Ocean... How do I know this You Ask? Because I have personally seen Jelly Fish in that lake and Squid have popped up dead or just barely alive here and there. Not to mention the Inland Submarine Proving Ground by the Green Monarchs.
Obviously there's a chance that the military submarines are causing the paddle monster sightings, But I have 3 family members that all swear to seeing a small living dinosaur in the shallows at the mouth of the ClarkFork River while they were out trolling for KoKanee in the early Morning

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I can 100% without a doubt tell you that Lake Pon D Oreille (Ponderay) has a secret sub base.. I have been there and even took a few pics from a mtn top out in Sagle... Funny thing Actually, I had pics of a small submersible stealth gunship that even had a small landing pad, They had it in port back in 2004. And last year I seen it on the cover of popular science with a claim that they'll be operational by 2020 or something like that

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
DUMB in Burley? Highly doubtful, but entertaining fantasy I guess. If they were to do something like that, it would make a hell of a lot more sense to put it somewhere between Gowen Field and MHAFB.

The whole "white supremacy" thing is stupid. There used to be a problem with it in the northern part of the state, but white supremacists are hated here just as much as anywhere else.

And calling the Idaho National Laboratory a top secret facility? Yeah, there's classified work that goes on there, but the facility itself sure as hell isnt any secret. You can see a good portion of it by *gasp* driving on the freeway. We stopped to pee on the INL signs on the way through the area once, that was mildly amusing as 20 year old way back when.

If anyone has a reasonable question about southern Idaho, feel free to ask me. I've been here for 20+ years, and dont plan on leaving.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter
DUMB in Burley? Highly doubtful, but entertaining fantasy I guess. If they were to do something like that, it would make a hell of a lot more sense to put it somewhere between Gowen Field and MHAFB.

The whole "white supremacy" thing is stupid. There used to be a problem with it in the northern part of the state, but white supremacists are hated here just as much as anywhere else.

And calling the Idaho National Laboratory a top secret facility? Yeah, there's classified work that goes on there, but the facility itself sure as hell isnt any secret. You can see a good portion of it by *gasp* driving on the freeway. We stopped to pee on the INL signs on the way through the area once, that was mildly amusing as 20 year old way back when.

If anyone has a reasonable question about southern Idaho, feel free to ask me. I've been here for 20+ years, and dont plan on leaving.

Are you sure Burley doesn't have a DUMB anything? I mean Come on! It's Burley...!

Oh and I have a question about Southern Idaho...why is so damn windy down there? hehe
edit on 22-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I can 100% without a doubt tell you that Lake Pon D Oreille (Ponderay) has a secret sub base.. I have been there and even took a few pics from a mtn top out in Sagle... Funny thing Actually, I had pics of a small submersible stealth gunship that even had a small landing pad, They had it in port back in 2004. And last year I seen it on the cover of popular science with a claim that they'll be operational by 2020 or something like that

Meh...I still say IDAHO doesn't exist, any more than there are DUMB's in that huge city of Burley...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Are you sure Burley doesn't have a DUMB anything? I mean Come on! It's Burley...!

Oh and I have a question about Southern Idaho...why is so damn windy down there? hehe

Yeah, the DUMB thing in Burley is the population of inbreds.

As far as the wind goes, I hear its because of all the hot air coming from the local Republican politicians.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yeah, the DUMB thing in Burley is the population of inbreds.

As far as the wind goes, I hear its because of all the hot air coming from the local Republican politicians.

Oh good answer I was gonna say the wind turbines pushing Cow farts, but Republicans are much more gassy, when they are not foot tapping in public bathrooms...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Nope no questions about Idaho...Except why in Northern Idaho you can only find potatoes from Oregon?? That used to piss me off so much lol.. I'm serious, the only Potatoes in stores were shipped from Oregon... Always thought that was weird.
I never been to the IDL but the submarine base can't be seen from the road unless you're counting logging trails. The North still has a big problem with the Satanist and Aryan Brotherhood but its just more Hush Hush now for tourist/retirement reasons. They don't make a big stink about it anymore because nobody would move there and help build there economy if they knew what some people are doing in their spare time.
Also when I first moved there I had California plates for a while and that made me a target... "Bull Crap" there's nothing Violent in their Hostility towards Californians. I was ran off the roads more than once, jumped at a bowling alley, a friend and I were refused service because we wouldn't take off our CAL hats, I have had food/drinks thrown on my windshield while on the freeway and I had my truck keyed at Fred Meyer while I was inside. It said "Go Home"..
I'm not saying all Idaho is this way or every person there is. I loved the place and still wanna retire there but like anywhere it has its share of knuckleheads.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Posted something else that didnt sound right, so let me rephrase it.

The Navy does testing there, but the base is no secret. The Navy's ARD does work there because of the depth of the lake.

I will say that the lake is a beautiful area. Just a bit too middle-of-nowhere for me to be on an every day basis though.

edit on 22-3-2013 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2013 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join