It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Holds Child Hostage After Killing Woman On Bus

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Man Holds Child Hostage After Killing Woman On Bus

news.sky.com

Indiana police say a man is holding a three-year-old child hostage hours after he killed a woman he had pulled off of a city bus.

Police say the suspect is holed up with the child in a house in Fort Wayne.

He is suspected of having boarded a city bus at 8 am on Wednesday, pulling a female passenger off and then fatally shooting her about 25 feet away.

The suspect's relationship to the woman and to the child is unclear.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20/3/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This is just breaking on Sky, no more info as yet....

Fingers crossed this ends well for the child, little mite must be petrified.

I can't seem to find anything else on this. Anyone else?

Why do people always have to bring kids into it, i understand that some people have problems with other adults, but leave the damn kids out of it.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Another source...no different info though...

Man holding child hostage after allegedly killing bus passenger

Better one.....

Police: Man shot bus passenger, took child hostage

FORT WAYNE, Ind. — A man pulled a woman off a city bus in northern Indiana on Wednesday and fatally shot her in front of multiple witnesses before fleeing into a neighborhood where he holed up in a house with a 3-year-old during a police standoff.

The man and woman had both been riding a Citilink bus, but Fort Wayne police spokeswoman Raquel Foster said it wasn't clear whether they were companions. Nonetheless, police do not believe the shooting was random and "have a good idea who (they're) looking for," she told The Journal Gazette. Foster later told WANE-TV that the man was barricaded in a home and holding a 3-year-old hostage.

It was not clear if the child was related to the man. The man pulled the woman, described as a young adult, off the bus about 8 a.m. and fatally shot her about 25 feet away before fleeing on foot into the surrounding neighborhood, police said. A backpack lay at the feet of the victim, whose body was covered by a sheet. The street was busy with morning traffic, including children waiting at school bus stops, when the shooting happened, and police said there were a number of witnesses.

Fort Wayne Community Schools spokeswoman Krista Stockman told WANE-TV that two elementary schools were nearby, and some children saw the shooting on their way to school. She said the schools were taking extra precautions. Citilink General Manager Kenneth Housden said police will be reviewing video and audio equipment from the bus for their investigation. Housden said the incident, though tragic, was an isolated one and people should continue to feel safe on Citilink buses. "We do take safety and security very seriously and respond very quickly to any incident," he said.

CX.
edit on 20/3/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I hope the baby survives.

I also hope the gun crazed fanatics of this country will one day get tired of seeing such news and give up their 2nd amendment. How many children need to be shot before people realize that guns do not belong in the hands of citizens.

If he had killed the mother with a baseball bat in that bus, people would have stopped him from carrying on with the baby.

I call for a Ban on all Guns on US soil.
edit on 20-3-2013 by ParovStelar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I really do not what exactly is happening to people these days, especially in the US.

I just read an article today about a man who carjacked then killed a librarian—and then raped her 10 year old daughter.

WTF is happening to people?

I still want to say it's a constant barrage of contradictory information, images, etc that overwhelm stimuli and short circuits it, which is due to the the increasingly conflicting and contradictory nature of the society in which we live and construct.

This stuff is getting crazy.

What's really causing it all?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This isn't the incident where the man took the child after killing the bus driver and ended up in an underground shelter.......which I think was Kentucky and it was a few weeks ago??

If not I say psy op in progress for the continuance of taking guns away.

I pray for all the families involved.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This isn't the incident where the man took the child after killing the bus driver and ended up in an underground shelter.......which I think was Kentucky and it was a few weeks ago??

If not I say psy op in progress for the continuance of taking guns away.

I pray for all the families involved.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Why do people always have to bring kids into it, i understand that some people have problems with other adults, but leave the damn kids out of it.

Maybe the child was his, and the woman getting shot was her mother. Probably just another domestic dispute that escalated out of hand. He may be just wanting to be with his child, and is probably having an urge to protect it, if so.

Too little information available here, but i find a good rule is to always think the best of people, things that sound crazy usually have a perfectly understandable explanation.

Sad the mother died though. It was probably not his intention, or if it was, it was probably an act of rage over something she had previously done to him.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ParovStelar

I also hope the gun crazed fanatics of this country will one day get tired of seeing such news and give up their 2nd amendment. How many children need to be shot before people realize that guns do not belong in the hands of citizens.

I hope the baby is okay as well, and YES, I am believe in the 2nd amendment!

My question for you my friend, being that you created your account today, and made a post defending the use of drones on American soil, "Do you or would you feel bad for any children killed by the use of drones on American soil?"!!!!

Or are you going to pretend that collateral damage is okay?

To stay on topic, I would also like to know,
it is HORRIBLE for ANY child to be a victim of an adult who acts like a monster instead of acting like a human being! It is also just as horrible, for someone to grand stand and use a situation like this, to promote their political agenda!!!!

Have a nice day and go back to propaganda school!

edit on 20-3-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

There is a distinction to be made between military personnel and citizens.

The drones operated by the United States Army for national security usage are not to be compared with hand guns used by citizens to murder a woman in a bus and take a 3 year old kid hostage.

The citizen armed with a knife is way easier to stop than a citizen armed with a gun.

I hope you also have a good day.
edit on 20-3-2013 by ParovStelar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ParovStelar

There is a distinction to be made between military personnel and citizens.

The drones operated by the United States Army for national security usage are not to be compared with hand guns used by citizens to murder a woman in a bus and take a 3 year old kid hostage.

The citizen armed with a knife is way easier to stop than a citizen armed with a gun.

I hope you also have a good day.

First off, YOU are the one who came on this thread to promote your agenda based upon a small child being in danger! As far as I know, the story is still developing. But YOU jumped on this thread for no other reason, than to show your against the Constitution and use it for a platform for your political ideology! Your goal was not to feel sorry for the child who might or might not have been injured or killed, it was to PUSH YOUR AGENDA!

I won't get into the knife versus gun argument with you because you can't even understand the meaning of the 2nd amendment.

As far as you WANTING ARMED drones in the U.S., "REALLY?"!

As far as I am concerned, "YOU JUST OUTED YOURSELF!"

But regardless, anyone who acts like this criminal did, deserves a lashing and then some!! Unlike you, I just think this persons actions are criminal and that's that!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This was happening just down the road from us, actually...

The situation is resolved at this pint. Police took the chance to shoot the guy down and got the kiddo out of the house.

Here's an updated story for it :

Hostage situation: Three-year-old safe; suspect shot and killed

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Good news indeed!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I will use any ways possible to push my agenda because my agenda offers an answer to situations like this one or the sandy hook shooting and many more. Citizens should go to work and make money to eat, drink and enjoy their life with their loved ones. Let the military personnel take care of arms and security

As far as the 2nd amendment goes I understand that it was an amendment created to ensure a militia could remain active in times of great political uncertainty. To think that the government would turn against its people is laughable, but to think that citizens would stand a chance against the US army is even more.

Glad to see the kid is doing fine.

top topics

join