It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COMET ISON- The Nostradamus Comet At The Time Of The True Mayan Calendar End Date Of 12/16/13

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SophiaEveLee

You sure do enjoy posting hoaxes.

Which of the dubious sites did you use to get that quote about the north pole?
Why did you skip over the NASA report putting the size of the nucleus at 1 to 10km?

If the nucleus were as large as the Earth it would have been detected out 340AU. It was not which makes it clear that the nucleus is as NASA states, small - 1 to 10km in diameter.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Do you have any idea what is under the north pole ice pack?

Water. Lots of it.

I've several friends that were in the submarine part of the US navy while I was in. They used to take trips under the ice pack all the time.

Do you know what's there when all that ice melts?

Water.

Any undersea volcanoes are not going to erupt simply because ice at the top of the ocean is there or not.

I highly recommend you take a break from reading tabloids and spend at least a small amount of time on some education. Especially volcanoes and astronomy.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Anyone who has to post that many times in their own thread tell me he/she is trying to convince themselves of their own theory.

I wonder how many sheep will follow he/she to the inevitable slaughter?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Mmmmy dearest Goddess in heaven

Mystery of Arctic explosion and dead whales likely to remain
An explosion that allegedly killed several whales in Canada's Northwest Passage in late July will likely remain a mystery.

SOURCE

Volcanoes exploding under water at North Pole
The Arctic seabed is as explosive geologically as it is politically judging by the "fountains" of gas and molten lava that have been blasting out of underwater volcanoes near the North Pole.

SOURCE

... Crew of 30 researchers from the U.S., Europe and Japan chuckled over the "grandstanding" as the Russians rumbled by in their icebreakers.

The rest... go google by your own "intelligentsss"

edit on 26-3-2013 by SophiaEveLee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You're missing the point.

I never said that volcanoes do not exist there, nor that they do not erupt (slowly or explosively).

I'm pointing out that ICE has nothing to do with whether or not they erupt. Undersea volcanoes could really care less about any ice pack that is above them or not. If they're going to erupt, they will, ice or no ice.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Eriktheaweful is quite correct in stating that the ice above the spreading ridges has no effect on whether not eruptions take place. Such eruptions happen often as plates separate. These may be the largest eruptions known on spreading ridges, but these are relatively small compared to events at subduction zones. The water kept the eruptions from being noticed. In fact, the activity did not melt the ice above.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Why? There is literally no reason to shut down anything these days, thanks to the magic of the Internet. Frankly - its all "noise" now. Shutting down threads on sites like this would only create a signal where nothing effective exists. "Let people believe what they will." True or false; no one believes it anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
after 21\12\2012
i dont believe in any talk about doomsday anymore

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join