It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to George W. Bush and Dick Cheney From a Dying Veteran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuRising

next life, don't join the military......
edit on 20-3-2013 by nwtrucker because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
George W Bush was just a Pupet with Dick Cheney's hand shoved up his rear. They caused the death of 4,487 Americans for absolutely nothing in return and now more suffer and are dieng that will likely never be counted. I wont even pretend to know the real death count of Iraq's who died for nothing at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo

Originally posted by 200Plus
Show the war crimes committed by Bush/Cheney.

Cheney admits authorizing detainee's torture

"I supported it," he said regarding the practice known as "water-boarding," a form of simulated drowning. After World War II, Japanese soldiers were tried and convicted of war crimes in US courts for water-boarding, a practice which the outgoing Bush administration attempted to enshrine in policy. "I was aware of the program, certainly, and involved in helping get the process cleared, as the agency in effect came in and wanted to know what they could and couldn't do," Cheney said. "And they talked to me, as well as others, to explain what they wanted to do. And I supported it."

I have no love for Bush or Cheney. Waterboarding is nasty,but it's a comparatively mild form of torture.

It always makes me smile when I see or hear waterboarding called "torture."

People should read their history. Take a look at how German and Japanese captors tortured their captives. That's real torture that left their victims permanently disabled or dead.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
George W Bush was just a Pupet with Dick Cheney's hand shoved up his rear. They caused the death of 4,487 Americans for absolutely nothing in return and now more suffer and are dieng that will likely never be counted. I wont even pretend to know the real death count of Iraq's who died for nothing at all.

Au contraire, the Americans & Iraqis who died, died to further the NWO agenda.

If things go according to plan, the NWO will control all of the Mideast.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Let's not forget that Congress approved the Iraq War, so as far as I'm concerned, YOUR Congress person is as guity as Bush.

I am sorry this fella was so severly injured and that his life has been so miserable, but HE is the one that signed up. Nobody made him go join the Army, he did that himself. I'm sorry if he somehow thought that joining the military DID NOT include going to war if war was delcared.

It was VietNam when I was young and those guys didn't have a choice. They were drafted. They were also basically babies that were taken to the other side of the globe to fight a war they didn't understand. They suffered horrible injuries just as the Iraq and Afganistan vets have suffered. They got poor medical care from the VA. Many survived the war and their injuries without problems, many didn't. Just like Iraq and Afganistan vets. There are many vets returning of Iraq and Afganistan with horrid injuries, but they are presevering and fighting the good fight and making something of their lives. THESE are the Vets I respect, not some crybaby that wallows in his own grief and blames everyone but himself.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuRising

That was an absolutely horrible interview. Not that it was a bad interview in and of itself, just the overwhelming sadness from beginning to end - it was a difficult read.

I got choked up on the second page and by the first paragraph on the third I had tears in my eyes. This poor man. Can anyone blame him for wanting to end his own suffering? Not to divert the thread to another topic, but this is precisely the reason why euthanasia should be legal.

Thank you for posting this story and his letter. A very sad S&F.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

He did say that he happily signed up for the war in Afghanistan. He said he was a supporter of it, and signed up 2 days after 9/11. He said the documentary and the interview with him would have never happened had he been injured in Afghanistan.

His concern began when he was told we were invading Iraq. This is a quote from him in the orig. interview...

“In fact, if I had been injured in Afghanistan, there would be no ‘Body of War’ movie to begin with,” he said. But he never understood the call to invade Iraq. “When the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor we didn’t invade China just because they looked the same,” he said.

He became increasingly depressed about his impending deployment to Iraq when he was in basic training at Fort Benning, Ga. He asked the battalion doctor for antidepressants. The doctor said he had to meet first with the unit’s chaplain, who told him, “I think you will be happier when you get over to Iraq and start killing Iraqis.”

I know that one could still say "He should have seen it coming..." but honestly, when you're young, and broke the idea of a steady paycheck, job security and free schooling seem appealing. Not to mention the media.

If you turned on a television or picked up a newspaper in the months immediately following 9/11, you were flooded with the notion that "if you're not with us, you're against us" and that you were "unpatriotic" if you didn't support the "war on terror". For impressionable and honestly, many not so impressionable minds, it can seem like the way to go.

I think looking back on it, 10+ years later, and after seeing the devastation that was - and is currently being - caused, as well as witnessing all of the failed attempts at finding WMD, it's easy to say "they should have seen it coming". Maybe not so much at the time. Not trying to argue with you or be snarky, but hindsight, you know?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So why only Bush and Cheney? Why not address your letter to Mr. Obama for his continued war in Afghanistan and his unending drone strikes? The body count still rises, Tomas. No flags, no stars until you add the current administration.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Ya Bush handed over a great War and a great economy to Obama,,, The war went on Obamas books,, Bush said it would be a short war and only cost 60 billion,, well 10 years and 3 trillion later, OH sorry about that Country. and don't forget the huge rescission left in Bushes wake,,, remember the Bail out of the wallstreet crooks 850 billion and the millions of people who lost there homes,,, and the 100s of thou-sounds of people who died needlessly.. I remember Clinton leaving the country with a surplus,, Yup Bush worked is magic and were still bailing out Banks every month,, to the tune of billions,, Plus we give those same banks Bonuses

Its not just the Rep Obama acted like he could fill this hole easy,,, Ya right.. Obama is loving the banks almost as much as Bush,,, But just think what would of happened if Romney was elected,, More wars more corp wellfare know its hard to believe when banks get over 85 billion a year from us tax payers,, That's just the Banks oil companys get 50 billion a year from are Hide to.. + ins company's Pharms co,, The list goes on and on,, This guy wrote a good letter with a lot of truth,,, its a sad day for USA when the military contractors have so much pull they can go to war if they pay the right politions enough money... Yup evil minds that plot destruction sorcerers of deaths construction, Death and hatred to man kind, poisoning there brain washed minds..

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

911 wouldnt have happened with a dem president? Are you truly that ignorant?

I seem to remember an attempt to blow up one of the towers during the 90s...I seem to remember a president named Clinton...I seem to remember that he was a democrat. I also seem to remember that Osama was ultimately involved in that attempt as well.

I also seem to remember that Clinton had a chance to take him out and passed on it. I also seem to remember a few embassies being bombed by the organization headed by Osama...during the Clinton admin.

They were against the US, the capitalistic nature of our country....not Bush and they probably didnt really have a clue as to what a Cheney was...

So...take your re-write of history and place it somewhere dark.

Sometimes it is best to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are clueless.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy
I don't have a problem with his letter, but I have only one question.

Where is his letter to Obama? Where is his outrage for the current Commander-in-Cheif who continues the wars he feels are illegal?

Until this is addressed, this all feels like propaganda.

People may get mad at me for saying this, but I also thought of making a rather detailed point about the very same thing. After all...Obama has earned that peace prize about as much as I've earned any awards for perfect typing accuracy.

To be fair though...This is from a vet, so he earned the right to say it however he'd feel. Bush absolutely DID start the wars and whether I believe action in one or both countries was needed in some form, war sure wasn't necessary or justified by anything but some BIG ego's in the Bush White House and Pentagon (A few other countries who crossed the border shoulder to shoulder with us can look to their own Governments...they're guilty as well). It is fair once in awhile to recall that Obama may be quite gleefully continuing the fighting in some old places and now, entirely new ones too but NONE of this would have come to pass had Bush not decided to send in the Marines to 2 different nations with a whole invasion force behind them. Can't much deny that one...any of us. Eh?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk8ter
Ya Bush handed over a great War and a great economy to Obama,,, The war went on Obamas books,, Bush said it would be a short war and only cost 60 billion,, well 10 years and 3 trillion later, OH sorry about that Country. and don't forget the huge rescission left in Bushes wake,,, remember the Bail out of the wallstreet crooks 850 billion and the millions of people who lost there homes,,, and the 100s of thou-sounds of people who died needlessly.. I remember Clinton leaving the country with a surplus,, Yup Bush worked is magic and were still bailing out Banks every month,, to the tune of billions,, Plus we give those same banks Bonuses

Yep...another rewrite of history by someone who cannot spell. Nice.

I will be starting a thread in a day or 2 that will address many misconceptions about the latter part of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century, and what the causes of the RECESSION were, using facts and not propaganda.

Just a clue...all those who claimed that the RECESSION was the worst since the great depression obviously weren't around during the Carter years when unemployment was well over 10%, inflation was over 12% and interest rates were over 14%.....more lies propagated by the media and liberal buffoons and the sheep who believed them.

As far as Clinton leaving us a surplus? Ignorance in motion....a surplus in the budget, small compared to the debt (2 different, yet related things)...a surplus which was the result of the republican (one of the few correct things the repubs have done in decades) led congress. Clinton didn't cause the surplus...the surplus was the result of a balloon, false economy driven by increasing personal debt combined with spending cuts and increases in taxation. Do not, for one second, believe that we, the US federal gov't, were not deeply in debt. To think that over 16 trillion dollars of debt happened in the last 13 years is sheer ignorance.

There is a difference between a budget surplus and debt. You can be a million dollars in debt, but if you pay the interest on the debt, and make more than you spend, including said interest payments you will have a budget surplus for the year, but yet still be drowning in debt.
edit on 20-3-2013 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bbracken677

Yep...another rewrite of history by someone who cannot spell. Nice.

I will be starting a thread in a day or 2 that will address many misconceptions about the latter part of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21st century, and what the causes of the RECESSION were, using facts and not propaganda.

Just a clue...all those who claimed that the RECESSION was the worst since the great depression obviously weren't around during the Carter years when unemployment was well over 10%, inflation was over 12% and interest rates were over 14%.....more lies propagated by the media and liberal buffoons and the sheep who believed them.

As far as Clinton leaving us a surplus? Ignorance in motion....a surplus in the budget, small compared to the debt (2 different, yet related things)...a surplus which was the result of the republican (one of the few correct things the repubs have done in decades) led congress. Clinton didn't cause the surplus...the surplus was the result of a balloon, false economy driven by increasing personal debt combined with spending cuts and increases in taxation. Do not, for one second, believe that we, the US federal gov't, were not deeply in debt. To think that over 16 trillion dollars of debt happened in the last 13 years is sheer ignorance.

There is a difference between a budget surplus and debt. You can be a million dollars in debt, but if you pay the interest on the debt, and make more than you spend, including said interest payments you will have a budget surplus for the year, but yet still be drowning in debt.
edit on 20-3-2013 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

Well you got me on spelling,, Never was any good at it.. But to your point.. It does not matter if the recession was worst then the crash in 29,, The fact is the Banks needed 850 billion,,, Next Bush also said the war would cost 60 billion,,, It did not... it cost over 3 trillion.,, plus hundreds of thousands of lives.. needlessly.. Kind of a big point don't you think.. Next the war was not over fast,,, Next The Banks still get Billions every month ...every month,, and they are the biggest welfare queens out there,,, Now I don't understand why you stick up for welfare for corp America.. and why you can't understand that this one guy felt he is going to die because the Country was lied to.. Congress was lied to... also I hate Obama's policies But this letter was about how Bush lied to us all...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think we all know that Iraq was a mistake. But its a failure of leadership at the time that has lead to brave men and women getting killed for...absolutely nothing. Saddam got hung on youtube but was it worth it. What was benefit for America? A destabilized Iraq? Iran becoming stronger in the region? One of the worst parts about this is that the invasion was based off a lie. People died over this crap and yes, I believe Cheney, Bush, Rumsfeld, and everyone involved in the highest levels need to be tried for war crimes. When is enough, enough? And what of the people in Iraq? Just thinking about the level of destruction of that war makes my head swim. Why hasn't anyone honestly stood up and said.."Its time we hold them responsible." The fact that Bush said that he is willing to it all over again even with the knowledge he has now is just sickening. Pray for those who went, didn't come back, and those who are still recovering from this war.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I would so love to see these guys put on trial and hanged..... please please please please...

Even Bush Sr in his sorry state......

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Why don't you say dying volunteer veteran?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Mikeyy
I don't have a problem with his letter, but I have only one question.

Where is his letter to Obama? Where is his outrage for the current Commander-in-Cheif who continues the wars he feels are illegal?

Until this is addressed, this all feels like propaganda.

People may get mad at me for saying this, but I also thought of making a rather detailed point about the very same thing. After all...Obama has earned that peace prize about as much as I've earned any awards for perfect typing accuracy.

To be fair though...This is from a vet, so he earned the right to say it however he'd feel. Bush absolutely DID start the wars and whether I believe action in one or both countries was needed in some form, war sure wasn't necessary or justified by anything but some BIG ego's in the Bush White House and Pentagon (A few other countries who crossed the border shoulder to shoulder with us can look to their own Governments...they're guilty as well). It is fair once in awhile to recall that Obama may be quite gleefully continuing the fighting in some old places and now, entirely new ones too but NONE of this would have come to pass had Bush not decided to send in the Marines to 2 different nations with a whole invasion force behind them. Can't much deny that one...any of us. Eh?
Ummm....Actually when you break it on down.....Congress and the United Nations, started the Iraq war.....Congress Authorized and the UN set the stage...Now if one claims that Bush started the war, then one gives a level of intelligence and sophisticated manipulation to Bush that was simply not readily evident. To think that this one man could sway the entire Congress and the Security council by thin claims of WMD and terrorist ties is laughable....

All of these individuals have an equal share in the blame and the entire western intelligence apparatus colluded to provide a "coherent" yet non-factual scenario. To single out Bush and Cheney or Blair is disingenous at best and a unique form of self imposed ignorance. Congress approved a declaration of war and authorized it's prosecution...

Not trying to be argumentative Brer Rabbit, just trying to add a little clarity and deny some ignorance...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Still lookin' for them "WMD's"...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

I'll say we can certainly disagree on this then as we're remembering events very differently. I am assuming you lived through all that as an adult and watched it all, week by week and month by month as it developed in real time, right?

I can see, especially by reporting years after the events, how the impressions you describe are derived from the record. Again, I don't agree with it beyond saying that Congress did eventually sign off and it was a whole lot more Bi-Partisan than some are comfortable admitting today.

In my personal opinion, Bush was the vanguard and spearhead for that war happening. Without him. Congress wouldn't have cared or bothered with anything of the sort ...but they did give him a virtual blank check in the end, no question. For that, the guilt is a shared thing, to be sure. Shared, but not even...in my view.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Well you got me on spelling,, Never was any good at it.. But to your point.. It does not matter if the recession was worst then the crash in 29,, The fact is the Banks needed 850 billion,,, Next Bush also said the war would cost 60 billion,,, It did not... it cost over 3 trillion.,, plus hundreds of thousands of lives.. needlessly.. Kind of a big point don't you think.. Next the war was not over fast,,, Next The Banks still get Billions every month ...every month,, and they are the biggest welfare queens out there,,, Now I don't understand why you stick up for welfare for corp America.. and why you can't understand that this one guy felt he is going to die because the Country was lied to.. Congress was lied to... also I hate Obama's policies But this letter was about how Bush lied to us all...

Reading comprehension FTL. Do you see me sticking up for welfare for Corp America? Did I dispute the above items whatsoever? No..no, and no. I disputed the obviously incorrect statements you made and left the other's alone. However, I do remember Bush stating that "the war on terrorism" would last for decades and I do not remember him saying the war would cost 60 billion...While I will not dispute this since I do not know the source, I have extreme doubts about the 60 billion cost for the entire war remark (seeing as how that it would cost that much just to get assets in place to conduct the war). Can you provide a legitimate source for that?

If you really want to delve into banking, delve deeper than the superficial stuff that is provided by the media.... there is so much wrong with the banking industry that I could spend the next few hours writing about. them all.

I find it incredible that thousands of dollars worth of loans could be made based on a single deposit of 100 dollars. That is something that approaches a ponzi scheme in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join