It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the theory of evolution responsible for a toxic society?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The theory of evolution has now been taught for a number of decades in the public schools in most of the western developed countries. Through the theory of evolution people are led to believe that the universe was created by an explosion of 'nothing' (a singularity) into everything. From this explosion or 'big bang' everything in the universe evolved. Somehow this energy that came from nothing formed stars, planets, solar systems & galaxies. As I write this I am aware that people will be reading this and thinking to themselves 'no, it's a little more complicated than that'. Scientists have written large volumes of books trying to explain the cosmic evolution of the universe in an effort to undermine the possibility of a creator. They use language that can sometimes be difficult to understand but when you boil it down to it's simplest form, evolusionist's ultimately believe that:

1. The universe exploded from nothing into everything.
2. All biological life on planet earth evolved from a rock (add some rain & sunlight)
3. We are here by random chance.
4. It is assumed that the universe is billions of years old in order to uphold this theory

These are a series of beliefs and they can never be proven. Despite this, evolution is often taught as true or assumed to be true in our public shools.

Children being taught this fairy tale grow up with a philosophy that ultimately nothing really matters. People wonder why we have psycopaths committing mass murders in schools in such a 'civilised society'. The problem lies in the philosophy that is taught through the public education system. Not all children allow this propaganda to take away the possibility of a creator but many do, to top it off the 'theory of evolution' is taught to children at the expense of the taxpayers.

This poisonous philosophy/religion should be removed from all textbooks in public schools. If parents would like their children to be taught the theory of evolution then it can be done through private schooling. No different than if a parent would like their child to be taught a particular religious belief.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob
Through the theory of evolution people are led to believe that the universe was created by an explosion of 'nothing' (a singularity) into everything.

Fail in the second sentence.

3. We are here by random chance.

Fail again.

I'll repeat what I said a few weeks ago in another thread...

As the old saying goes... “Evolution is so simple, almost anyone can misunderstand it”

And certainly on the internet, I've never actually encountered anyone who actually understands evolution, and the reasoning behind it... and yet still disagrees with it.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I feel it all went to sh*t when the hippies became parents.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

That's not what the theory of evolution is about.

2. All biological life on planet earth evolved from a rock (add some rain & sunlight)

That's not it either. This is what we call abiogenesis.

[...] Children being taught this fairy tale grow up with a philosophy that ultimately nothing really matters.

I don't know how you draw this conclusion ?
? the theory of evolution is not about nihilism either.

Maybe you should study it at least a bit before you jump to conclusions.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

That's not what the theory of evolution is about.

That's not it either. This is what we call abiogenesis.

[...] Children being taught this fairy tale grow up with a philosophy that ultimately nothing really matters.

I don't know how you draw this conclusion ?
? the theory of evolution is not about nihilism either.

Maybe you should study it at least a bit before you jump to conclusions.

You make a false assumption when you imply that I have not spent time studying the theory of cosmic and biological evolution.

Abiogenesis has never been empirically proven.

edit on 20-3-2013 by ConspiracyNutjob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Are you intentionally grossly oversimplifying, embellishing, and misconstruing or is this what you really believe the theory of evolution is all about?

Kirk Cameron lied to you, man. Not a very Christlike thing of him to do. =(

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Are you intentionally grossly oversimplifying, embellishing, and misconstruing or is this what you really believe the theory of evolution is all about?

Kirk Cameron lied to you, man. Not a very Christlike thing of him to do. =(

Drilled down to it's simplest form this is absolutely what evolution is all about.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

And what about human societies before Darwin was even born ? Everything was perfect ?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Is this topic serious? Now we're blaming scientific theories as the cause of all of society's problems? Well at least you found something new to blame, as insane as your opinion is.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

And what about human societies before Darwin was even born ? Everything was perfect ?

No.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Slow down OP! That's not what evolution is, how it works, and what science teach about anything. You're just parroting what many gullible creationist have said about the big bang theory, abiogenesis, and evolution. The best way to start understand evolution and what it means in science is to browse science websites and even watch some episodes like Bill Nye the Science Guy.

UC Berkeley website about evolution
Talk Origins
Human Evolution

This is what I could find in my old bookmarks. There is no evil conspiracy. Just science!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You do realize that you can have your little god and evolution too.
Yup crazy, I know
But science is cool like that.

You can tell yourself that your god kicked everything off, got evolution started. Science doesn't mind.

So why can't your god be cool, and let science do it's thing?
Why does it HAVE to be magic and invisible men in the sky? Kind of sounds like your god is a greedy little kid afraid of not getting enough attention...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by King_John
Is this topic serious? Now we're blaming scientific theories as the cause of all of society's problems? Well at least you found something new to blame, as insane as your opinion is.

Yes.

I am blaming this scientific theory for some of societies problems. Why be so extreme and suggest that I am blaming it for all of our problems?

Hitler's & Stalin's policies were heavily influenced by the theory of evolution. Their philosophy was deeply entrenched in the idea that the weak deserve to die and only the strong should remain. Hitler's idea of a master race completely originated in this philosphy. 'Survival of the fittest'. Hitler even had the races listed in order of importance.

I have not found something new to blame at all. Many people have blamed the theory of evolution and the philosophies that stem from this theory for the some of the problems that we see in our modern society.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Yes.

I am blaming this scientific theory for some of societies problems. Why be so extreme and suggest that I am blaming it for all of our problems?

Hitler's & Stalin's policies were heavily influenced by the theory of evolution. Their philosophy was deeply entrenched in the idea that the weak deserve to die and only the strong should remain. Hitler's idea of a master race completely originated in this philosphy. 'Survival of the fittest'. Hitler even had the races listed in order of importance.

I have not found something new to blame at all. Many people have blamed the theory of evolution and the philosophies that stem from this theory for the some of the problems that we see in our modern society.

You mean that before Darwin was even born, the strong never crushed the weak ?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
Slow down OP! That's not what evolution is, how it works, and what science teach about anything. You're just parroting what many gullible creationist have said about the big bang theory, abiogenesis, and evolution. The best way to start understand evolution and what it means in science is to browse science websites and even watch some episodes like Bill Nye the Science Guy.

UC Berkeley website about evolution
Talk Origins
Human Evolution

This is what I could find in my old bookmarks. There is no evil conspiracy. Just science!

I have no problem with microevolution (although I don't like the term because it is often misunderstood). New species can be developed within ONE KIND or TYPE of animal. Eg wolves, dogs, hyenas are all the same kind of animal even though they are all a different species of animal.

Macroevolution is baloney. You will never get a cat evolving from dog. You will never see a rock transform into bacteria and then over millions of years develop into a monkey and then a monkey eventually transform into a human no matter how much time you give it. You could say that the universe is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years old and it would never happen.

You can believe in Macroevolution but it is merely just that, a belief.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

There is no belief in evolution. I accept evolution because it's true. I mean how can you accept there is a diverse family of dogs; compared to primates like gorillas, chimps, and even humans. We share a common ancestor which is why we have similarities and differences. I cannot tell you what to accept, but I would like for you to go study the links I included my first post and ask me anything here or through messages. There is a lot to cover.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

Yes.

You mean that before Darwin was even born, the strong never crushed the weak ?

No, but...

The theory of evolution certainly helps people justify crushing the weak. The theory of evolution is a Eugenicist's wet dream.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

No, but... The theory of evolution certainly helps people justify crushing the weak. The theory of evolution is a Eugenicist's wet dream.

I'm not surprise many people will see evolution as nothing more than some way to justify in killing people for whatever reason. Of course you can argue religion (Curse of Ham, the sin of Cain) is way to explain why we have black people and why slavery is justified. Do you see what I'm saying.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
i don't think the OP's "understanding" of evolution is really their point. whether the OP truly understands how it all works or not does not take away from what i think they are trying to say.

the POINT the OP seems to be bringing forth is that a lot of our currant sociological problems may be at least partially caused by this "theory", by removing things like morals and ethics.

one thing at least most religions have is some sort of code of conduct that is a part of it. and that not following this code of conduct has a negative impact for you somewhere down the line. be it the "christian hell", "karma" catching up with you with negative effects, or any other negative impact that a religious belief has in store for those who don't follow the "rules". this is a base for behavior that is expected, take the "ten commandments" as an example. they set the moral and ethical standards, for at least Christians and Jews. i expect that most if not all religions have similar things built into their beliefs that provides similar moral direction for them.

the belief in the theory of evolution or science does not have that set of moral standards at all. so there is nothing to give a base for moral standards. at the same time those that tend to believe in evolution and science in place of religion, also tend to deem all other religious beliefs as untrue. as such canceling out those values taught by religion yet putting nothing in their place.

why is "murder bad" for example? why shouldn't you kill someone who annoys you or is in your way?

i think this is the point the OP is trying to make.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join