It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stunning Defeat Has Been Handed to Senator Dianne Feinstein: Assault Weapons Ban Dropped !!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
IMO It looks like the bipartisan strategic planning on this issue worked perfectly for the weapons manufacturers.

Result: more weapons and ammo sold while no drastic change to the Assault Weapons Ban . It appears that the gun manufacturing lobbying industry appear to have gotten a double win.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I'm presently a fan of Cruz. Presently. Both sides have good guys. Both sides are still corrupt. You cannot say the Republican Party is not corrupt because we have senator Cruz. Actually you just did, but I digress. I'm a little insulted that you would show me that clip. You obviously don't know my stance. I believe that us citizens have the right to fully automatics and frags and tanks if you can afford them. You just made a knee jerk response and made all of us look ignorant

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I'm presently a fan of Cruz. Presently. Both sides have good guys. Both sides are still corrupt. You cannot say the Republican Party is not corrupt because we have senator Cruz. Actually you just did, but I digress. I'm a little insulted that you would show me that clip. You obviously don't know my stance. I believe that us citizens have the right to fully automatics and frags and tanks if you can afford them. You just made a knee jerk response and made all of us look ignorant

You are ignoring Choice #3.

The Tea Party

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by Logarock

I agree on target shooting. But if thats all they are fun for, why not just keep them in a locker there?

You need to change your "John Locke of ATS" thing there by the way and stop embarrassing John and yourself.

Why because I dont support assault weapons? Kinda an odd judgmental step to take

Yet all you've done since arriving in this thread is Judge and Troll, yourself.

This is great news. I'm from Canada but am monitoring this situation closely. The Constitution states plainly and clearly that the People of the Unites States have the right to keep and bear arms, and the reason for that is also clear. It's to give the Government pause should they overstep their bounds and become violent/aggressive toward it's own citizenry.
Your argument stating assault weapons should be removed from that equation because they are somehow useless in the case of target shooting and/or hunting is therefore made moot.

"Assault Weapon" is an apt term in this argument.

The Constitution provides the Right of the People to "Assault" the government with a "Weapon", should the situation arise.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
IMO It looks like the bipartisan strategic planning on this issue worked perfectly for the weapons manufacturers.

Result: more weapons and ammo sold while no drastic change to the Assault Weapons Ban . It appears that the gun manufacturing lobbying industry appear to have gotten a double win.

LOL. That's a tad bit silly. Those manufacturers exist because of the fact that many, many people demand their products. It was not a victory for lobbyists, it was a victory for millions of Americans who want to be free to choose what they own for themselves.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by rangersdad

Her old ideas are not selling anymore.

Out with the old and in with the new.

The waning support for her emotional driven gun law was predictable.

Good luck removing her from office.

Her state as well as NY are really not the leading political voice they many think and hope they are. They are more like leaking voices.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by interupt42

LOL. That's a tad bit silly. Those manufacturers exist because of the fact that many, many people demand their products. It was not a victory for lobbyists, it was a victory for millions of Americans who want to be free to choose what they own for themselves.

To put it simply, FREEDOM won today !

The progressives will head back to the drawing board. Nice try.
edit on 19-3-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

link   

You all must be so happy! Now you can use those assault weapons to hunt.. err I mean, defend yourself against intruders. er I mean, defend yourself against the us government, oops no, that wont work either.

But they must be real fun to take for target practice, right?! Great for pictures!!! And mass murders.

Google a little.
The weapons that she proposed to ban are very legal to hunt with in numerous states. AR15's and AK47 variants are the weapon of choice for hunting wild hogs. It is often done at night using night vision sights.

There are plenty of youtube videos of this in action. Here is a link if you don't believe....

YouTube: Hog Hunting

link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Havent trolled at all. Just gave my opinion. Because it disagrees with yours, I'm a troll. How quickly some jump to that word like it hurts ones feelings or something.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

oh? and you think lack of reporting is even determinable in any measurable way? with no hard evidence it's merely assumption. i could as easily imply your education in such an area is determined by your own bias, either way i nor you can prove it with how unreliable said data on 1800's crime rates is so don't insult me, i was merely saying you shouldn't let movies determine unprovable facts, why else would you say anything about the old west? such emotional phrasing usually indicates a lack of a thought out argument or external influence and impressionism..

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

reply to post by rangersdad

Her old ideas are not selling anymore.

Out with the old and in with the new.

The waning support for her emotional driven gun law was predictable.

Good luck removing her from office.

Her state as well as NY are really not the leading political voice they many think and hope they are. They are more like leaking voices.

population and electoral college wise.... they are

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Because that does no good when the dollar crashes and they start using those 2,714 light armored assault vehicles and 1.6 billion rounds of hollow point ammo.

You seem to be an intelligent fellow, so why is it that you do not see what is going on? I am not talking about NWO I am talking about something VERY real. The government is prepping and you should too.

link   

Just goes to show you then.

link   

You all must be so happy! Now you can use those assault weapons to hunt.. err I mean, defend yourself against intruders. er I mean, defend yourself against the us government, oops no, that wont work either.

But they must be real fun to take for target practice, right?! Great for pictures!!! And mass murders.

Yes! We are happy that her emotional driven gun laws that DO NOT WORK have been

dropped due to waning support!

Or.... too many senators in the pockets of the NRA!!!! Sounds more likely but hey, if that's how American politics work, I suppose those with the biggest influence will always win and keep you from having a free mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I thought those numbers were grossly over inflated? Or that they were just pre order purchases to lock in a price

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Because that does no good when the dollar crashes and they start using those 2,714 light armored assault vehicles and 1.6 billion rounds of hollow point ammo.

You seem to be an intelligent fellow, so why is it that you do not see what is going on? I am not talking about NWO I am talking about something VERY real. The government is prepping and you should too.

Most dont understand that many of us gave up a good while ago the idea that Russia and China would invade.....we thought about it....and bought more guns and ammo.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by HIWATT

Havent trolled at all. Just gave my opinion. Because it disagrees with yours, I'm a troll. How quickly some jump to that word like it hurts ones feelings or something.

Are you a woman? Just curious... because your re-frame attempting to make ME out to be the one who is butthurt, is rather.... feminine-like...

I said you were trolling because that's what you're doing. You've made zero posts in this thread that support any kind of logic and/or reason with respect to the issue. You simply make a post shooting from the emotional hip and then wait for a reply so you can continue the game.

This will be my final reply to you in this thread.

You have every right to disagree with the decision today. This thread was made to celebrate it however. If you choose to participate here, try supporting your side of the argument with something more substantial than weak exaggerations, unsubstantiated emotion-based personal opinions, and hyperbole.

After all, your right to speak your mind was formed with a bullet.

edit on 19-3-2013 by HIWATT because: spellin

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by LoneGunMan

I thought those numbers were grossly over inflated? Or that they were just pre order purchases to lock in a price

You thought it was just propaganda to scare the sheep?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

A bullet in a war. Correct! Are we the people at war with any government? You may wish we were, but when you lose, you'll be a tyrant.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Most dont understand that many of us gave up a good while ago the idea that Russia and China would invade.....we thought about it....and bought more guns and ammo.

Russia?............China?

Words of Wisdom from Thomas Jefferson:

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty.

We need to see bumper stickers with this quote from sea to shining sea!

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join