It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stunning Defeat Has Been Handed to Senator Dianne Feinstein: Assault Weapons Ban Dropped !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I also dont feel like turning this country into the old west.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by NavyDoc

Good point. I wont be carrying a gun to any school thats for sure.

Too bad. Gun free school zones have just made helpless victim zones. That is why these animals target schools...they know that they will not face resistance.

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Why not? Afraid of what you might do?
Don't trust yourself?

I have zero issue with legal gun owners carrying a firearm around the most prescious in our society.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by bknapple32

And mass murders.

Quit being a pansy and carry a gun and "mass murders" won't happen.

Bingo! We have a winner on the most obvious answer game show!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

reply to post by TauCetixeta

Well we could debate waning support all day. Was it because those senators didnt want that in the bill? Or could it be from outside pressures and fights they just didnt want to deal with?

Yes it was political reality that caused them to drop it. You didnt think they had a last "second" twinge of guilt do you? Yep its all about keeping political power when you dont have the BS to pull off a violation of the constitution....any dumb azz knows that.

Yes, political reality arrived at Harry Reids office.

Drop the Assault Weapons Ban !

Senator Ted Cruz pushed Senator Feinstein into the very bright sunlight with this question.

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I agree on target shooting. But if thats all they are fun for, why not just keep them in a locker there?

You need to change your "John Locke of ATS" thing there by the way and stop embarrassing John and yourself.

+33 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I don't feel like turning this country into England !

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You are safer in Dodge City circa 1880 than you are in the south side of Chicago today. I'd rather be not disarmed and made helpless by the same government that lets criminals out to victimize over and over again.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

wild west was a much safer time then we live in now and is just a myth propagated by gun grabbers who cant be bothered to actually read history books and figure out that crime was very low in the "wild west" perhaps this is why you gun grabbers always fail,because your all so sadly misinformed

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

What? Back when people actually accepted their responsibilities and protected themselves? You're right, we do it so much better today.

This Union is supposed to be the old west. That was the intention.

Although, all those shoot outs on television were somewhat dramatized.
edit on 19-3-2013 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

link   

I agree on target shooting. But if thats all they are fun for, why not just keep them in a locker there?

You need to change your "John Locke of ATS" thing there by the way and stop embarrassing John and yourself.

Why because I dont support assault weapons? Kinda an odd judgmental step to take

link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon

What? Back when people actually accepted their responsibilities and protected themselves? You're right, we do it so much better today.

This is is supposed to be the old west. That was the intention.

Although, all those shoot outs on television were somewhat dramatized.

You cant honestly be serious.... Do we need to go into comparisons of old west life vs life today?

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You all must be so happy! Now you can use those assault weapons to hunt.. err I mean, defend yourself against intruders. er I mean, defend yourself against the us government, oops no, that wont work either.

But they must be real fun to take for target practice, right?! Great for pictures!!! And mass murders.

Technically, they are semi-automatics....they just "LOOK" like military weapons. And if you want to use a weapon for mass murder, why use a gun of any kind, seriously now???? Why not use a bomb...perhaps a car bomb or something??? More people die every year from car accidents than from guns. So maybe we should ban cars since they cause more deaths than guns!!!

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Wow make it anymore obvious that you are tying to derail and incite something in this thread. Just by the multiple quick jab responses from you I am sure we can all agree you are trolling, or are just very arrogant and ignorant. On the positive side op good news for us folks who support freedom, and yes bad news for the folks who have other intentions for us.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

reply to post by NavyDoc

Why not? Afraid of what you might do?
Don't trust yourself?

I have zero issue with legal gun owners carrying a firearm around the most prescious in our society.

Not at all. Afraid of scaring the kids to death. The kids who see nothing but death on tv, see 6 year olds shot to death and probably go to school a tiny bit more fearful than when you and I did. I dont feel like having one child see a gun in their school without knowing if its for protection or murder. Maybe that's why?
edit on 19-3-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Because I shoot at different places all the time. I don't want to have to go pick my gun up and then go somewhere else to shoot. It's never caused anyone any problems keeping it at my house. I will admit that having young ones at home is a real eye opener on the severity of securing weapons properly though.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

This is indeed good news and a win for our side.One thing,can
anyone find any ammunition to buy for our guns?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

old west? really sometimes people believe stories way too much, the truth is crime and violence in the old west was actually much lower than the more established east coast cities of the time.
edit on 19-3-2013 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

Because I shoot at different places all the time. I don't want to have to go pick my gun up and then go somewhere else to shoot. It's never caused anyone any problems keeping it at my house. I will admit that having young ones at home is a real eye opener on the severity of securing weapons properly though.

Eh I guess thats a good point. But surely there could be a solution to that

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Why because I dont support assault weapons? Kinda an odd judgmental step to take

You have never read John Locke or you would know that the 2nd amendment is like and "apple" from the kings tree. The divine right of the people vs the divine right of kings.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Logarock because: n

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join