It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stunning Defeat Has Been Handed to Senator Dianne Feinstein: Assault Weapons Ban Dropped !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+136 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
She just got the bad news from Harry Reid. Support is now gone.

Score a clear victory for Senator Ted Cruz and The Tea Party!

Story is here:
Tea Party Wins ! Progressives Lose !

Blame the waning support on this question asked by Senator Ted Cruz.

edit on 19-3-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

+47 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Great news!!!!
Now if the people of northern california would stop re-electing her that would be super fantastic!!!

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Her old ideas are not selling anymore.

Out with the old and in with the new.

The waning support for her emotional driven gun law was predictable.

Good luck removing her from office.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You all must be so happy! Now you can use those assault weapons to hunt.. err I mean, defend yourself against intruders. er I mean, defend yourself against the us government, oops no, that wont work either.

But they must be real fun to take for target practice, right?! Great for pictures!!! And mass murders.

+87 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
You all must be so happy! Now you can use those assault weapons to hunt.. err I mean, defend yourself against intruders. er I mean, defend yourself against the us government, oops no, that wont work either.

But they must be real fun to take for target practice, right?! Great for pictures!!! And mass murders.

Yes! We are happy that her emotional driven gun laws that DO NOT WORK have been

dropped due to waning support!

+69 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

But they must be real fun to take for target practice, right?

Actually they are.

+57 more 
link   

I dont know, should a good man cut off his hand to discourage the thief?
edit on 19-3-2013 by Logarock because: n

+87 more 
link   

And mass murders.

Quit being a pansy and carry a gun and "mass murders" won't happen.

+69 more 
link   

Yeah, freedom of choice totally sucks.

link   

Well we could debate waning support all day. Was it because those senators didnt want that in the bill? Or could it be from outside pressures and fights they just didnt want to deal with?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
saw a different article in a different thread it seems she had to take the assault weapons and high capacity part out of the bill to be presented separately as amendments(not expected to pass still but she is still at it )

“My understanding is it will not be [part of the base bill],” said Mrs. Feinstein, California Democrat. “I would like to [see it moved], but the leader has decided not to do it. … You will have to ask him [why].” Her bill instead will have to go forth separately or as an amendment — and that means it’s probably not going anywhere. Conservative blog Hot Air senate-gun-bill/” target=”_blank”>characterizes its chances for passage by itself as near zero and counts supporters at about 35. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
so we must remain vigilant still but it is a good step in the right direction

link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon

And mass murders.

I own a gun.

link   

You're absolutely correct.... they are a lot of fun to use for shooting targets.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I agree on target shooting. But if thats all they are fun for, why not just keep them in a locker there?

+57 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Dont act so butt hurt, dont worry you can always try again tomorrow, see thats the best thing about tyrany, you guys can keep trying over and over, sorry but us freedom lovers will stay vigilant for your future attempts.
edit on 19-3-2013 by inverslyproportional because: edited for spelling only

+30 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

And mass murders.

I own a gun.

Owning a gun and carrying a gun are two very different things.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Good point. I wont be carrying a gun to any school thats for sure.

+5 more 
link   

Well we could debate waning support all day. Was it because those senators didnt want that in the bill? Or could it be from outside pressures and fights they just didnt want to deal with?

Yes it was political reality that caused them to drop it. You didnt think they had a last "second" twinge of guilt do you? Yep its all about keeping political power when you dont have the BS to pull off a violation of the constitution....any dumb azz knows that.

+6 more 
link   

And mass murders.

I own a gun.

Awesome. Now just carry it with you. Making an appeal to emotion is just a knee-jerk reaction. All of those "mass murderers" represent less than 1% of the population--but the rest of the population, that 99.9999999% is too stupid to actually exercise their right and carry a weapon in public. Hence it's easy for random, crazy individuals to go on shooting sprees.

+53 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Good point. I wont be carrying a gun to any school thats for sure.

You're basically implying that you could not trust yourself not to open fire on children in a school.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join