It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let us make man in our image"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

Originally posted by binkbonk
Really? There is no motive for the powers that be to promote Sitchins presentations. I'll believe Sitchin before I would listen to any Christian. Christians have a really bad track record when it comes to morality.

Yes REALLY...

There is no motive? Seriously?

Motive is anything BUT weak.

These people are SATANISTS for crying out loud!

Their primary objective is to discredit God's Word and His people.

Let me guess: you don't BELIEVE in Satan...

As far as religious dogmentalism goes.

NOTHING could be any further from the truth.

Religion makes me PUKE..

It is nothing BUT lies fabricated by the father of ALL lies..

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
"in our image" ... When i was in the Army I was a chaplain assistant. I asked both the protestant and catholic chaplains about that line in the bible and what it means. Both said 'The Holy Trinity' are the 'our' ...

Take it or leave it ... that's the answer I got ...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
"in our image" ... When i was in the Army I was a chaplain assistant. I asked both the protestant and catholic chaplains about that line in the bible and what it means. Both said 'The Holy Trinity' are the 'our' ...

Take it or leave it ... that's the answer I got ...

Yeah... that's always been the explanation given to me as well until I met a Methodisat minister who actually speaks ancient Hebrew. His thought is that the original text was mistranslated because 'Elohim' is actually used as both singular and plural.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You are mixing old testament and new testament scripture, study the entire Bible and understand what role Jesus played in releasing man from the old rules. If you want to condem the message fine, your point of who wrote it is childish, Man wrote the Bible it is clear, as the inspired word of God. Obviously he didn't pop down here and type it out. The basis is of faith man, if you have no faith than do not look to God, it is not something to be touched or held.

Do not be afraid to state your real reasons for posting, fair and open discussion is valueable, I appreciate your opinion I hope you would be more direct with your snide remarks.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Satan and all the other words you want to use for that role are representative of the collective of opposing faction Annuanaki. They are mutineers of the Annunaki, or the fallen angels (think of The Mutiny on the Bounty; Captain Blye is god, and represents the imperialists, and the leader of the mutaneers is satan). These rouge Annunaki/fallen angels are the capstone of the U.N. the globalists, the zionists, the world elite...

And their motive could only exist because Sitchin is telling the truth... There, I've just made your point and destroyed it in one fell swoop.

Yes they want us on their side, but in essence you are suggesting they are cutting off the shackles and untying the blindfolds to do it. That would be counter productive. They don't need to let us know the truth, we are already compliant. TPTB do what they want.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Did you know that when Jesus said man will not live off bread alone but every word of god. That he was saying everything is sound.

How did they know that so long ago?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sounds like revisionist history

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Elohim is the family name of Almighty God.

Like "Smith" is the family name for the Smith family.

It can be one member large (Jim Smith), or thousands of members large (Smith family reunion).

God is spirit, he is compossed of spirit essence, the essence He is compossed of is Holy, because it belongs to God and only God's presence can render something Holy. Spirit is the mind, it is how a concious being thinks, that is his spirit.

God was making a statement that explains the entirety of the purpose and plan for the physcial creation of mankind on Earth in one simple sentance.

God said:

"Let Elohim create (over time) mankind in the spiritual image (same way of thinking) of Elohim."

or

"Let the Smith family create children that think like Mr. Smith."

At the moment in time this was spoken only God Almighty the Father and Creator of all life was a member of Elohim.

Once Jesus Chrsit was born of mankind, and died having lived a perfect life (paid the penalty for sin, having never sinned), and was resurrected to immortal spiritual life 3 days and 3 nights later. Two members of Elohim existed: God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son. God (Elohim) had successfully created a man (Jesus) in the spiritual image of Elohim (God).

Once God's church was established on the Earth on Pentecost 31AD, both God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son, shared in the work of Elohim. Both then focused on creating many more men in the spiritual image (way of thinking) of Elohim through the creation of the Church of God.

On Pentecost 2013, the 7th trumpet of Revelation will sound and 144,000 members of Elohim will be redeemed from mankind and resurrected to immortal spiritual life as members of the God family (Elohim) brothers and sisters with Jesus Christ.

For the last 6000 years (age of mankind's self rule) God has only called for the purpose of judgment and salvation 144,000 individual minds to form the Kingdom of God on Earth at Jesus Christ's return. They are made up of two distict groups of members (2 loafs); old testament prophets (worked through directly by God), and new testament followers of the Church of God/Body of Christ (worked with through the spirit essence of God's Holy spirit given by God at the laying on of hands after full water baptism).

So by this time next year there will bee 144,002 members of Elohim (the God family).

During the 1000 year reign of the Kingdom of God on Earth to begin shortly, 144,002 members of Elohim will share in the work of transforming millions of mankind into the spiritual image of God (God's way of thinking). That is the time God has always planned for all mankind to know His ways, not this age of mankind's self rule.

During the Great White Thrown (after the 1000 years have been completed) all physical mankind is resurrected to physical life a second time that have not already been transformed into the spiritual image of Elohim through the work of Elohim, whether they ever knew God in this first life or not. At that time millions of Elohim will share in the work of creating billions of Elohim.

At the end of this perfect plan for the creation of the family of God from physical mankind, all who were ever born will either be in Elohim (members of the family of God), or they will never have life again (lake of fire), their spirit essence will be consummed (Hellfire) and no life will ever exist in that individual again.

Hell as taught by traditional christianity is not any part of God's plan, but hades/sheol (i.e. grave) is a BIG part of it, for God needs physical death to teach mankind the most important lesson of all creation: God's way is right/good, my way apart from God's is wrong/evil. If you still choose your way as best above God's after this awesome proof is given during the Great White Thrown, then Ghenna (Hellfire) is also needed to protect all things from the evil of the way of thinking in opposition to God's.

That is the plan and purpose for why we were created physical by God and why we were given physical life on Earth, and the entire process is summarized by the sentance:

"Let Elohim create mankind in the spiritual image of Elohim."

God Bless,

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

Did you know that when Jesus said man will not live off bread alone but every word of god. That he was saying everything is sound.

How did they know that so long ago?

I have a different take on it.

Language is comprised of words. Language is code. DNA is code. DNA manifests life.

John 1
"1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;"

Hmmmmm.... interesting... no?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

First, let me say, I'm not stating any of this in favor of the validity of Judeo-Christian mythology. It's clear the Old Testament borrowed from other mythologies of the region, which came before the time of the Isrealites, up until Leviticus (or Vayikra, if we are being official).

However, Sitchin is total bunk. At the time of his "translation", of which he was no scholar, actual translations of cuneiform were not widely available. He was no linguist, archeologist, or even historian. He held a degree in ecomomics, worked for a shipping company, and was self taught.

Today, anyone can read the actual translations and see there is no mention of Annunaki, Nibiru, extra planets, mining slaves, genetic engineering. Most of his fairy tale comes from inventing a story based on what he thought, at the time, to be heiroglyphics . . . only the Sumarians didn't use heiroglyphics, as they had a actual written language and were fully capable of telling the story through cuneiform. He, at best, grossly mistranslated every art piece he saw and, at worst and most likely, made everything up in order to sell a bunch of book. Sci-Fi books. Erich von Daniken read them and spread it around the world. To further bolster the fallacy of his "theory", we now know very well that there is no celestial or cosomological evidence to support this theory and is entirely not possible on a physical level.

The Enuma Elish is the creation myth of the Sumerians and mentions not of his fairy tale. It's also quite clear he came up with the name "Annunaki" by combining the names of Anu (which means sky) and Enki (which means "image fashioner" literally, but can also be used as "maker").

Beyond that . . . The Annunaki according to Sitchin visited an created slaves just prior to 2000 B.C., which we know from archeological evidence is well after other cultures, including Sumer and Ur were thriving.

Also, why would an advanced culture that is capable of interplanetary travel need to make meat slaves for mining when machines and robots would have been much more efficient for this task? Makes no logical sense and has no evidence in historical, archeological, or scientific (genetics, cosmology, physics) fields to back up his claims. Bunk.
edit on 3/20/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
As for the OP . . .

The Tanakh was generally oral tradition and not written down for several centuries after the original stories were invented and transformed into specifically Jewish texts. There is a great book out there called "Who Wrote the Bible" by Friedman that gives a very detailed history of the four writers specifically responsible for writing the Tanakh and how we can tell of where one stops and another picks up (said to be "J", "P", "E", and "D"). They all have different literary styles and even wrote them down at different times as can be told by their syntax/grammar and this is why there are different tellings of the same event (like the creation of Adam/Eve and exclusion of Lilith).

So, if you trust in the Biblical scholars who came up with this research, who are believers themselves, then we were made in "his" image because that is the only frame of reference we have. Also, it is a connection to the divine, where no other material connection can be shown to those telling the story. Otherwise, it's all abstract and doesn't pull the reader in through personal connection. The "our" part is obviously due to the fact that this creation myth came from a culture that employed more than one "creator" and is simply "interpreted" away to mean the "Heavenly Host" or Sabaoth.

OT - since others have brought up Jesus and even mentioned "Yeshua". Why is it that we still call Jesus "Jesus"? We now are fully aware that Jesus is a poorly translated English version of the Greek name "Iesous", which was a poorly translated Greek version of the post-exile (shortened) version of Yehoshua. While Yeshua was the popular spelling in Aramaic, it is the same as calling a Joshua "Josh" . . . So, knowing this and those that are actually Jewish or speak Hebrew have known for centuries, why don't we just call him "Josh" or even Joshua since we all speak English these days? Do Christians think it's somehow uncouth eventhough "Jesus" is an English translation of Iesous? Always wondered that . . . as my son's name is Yehoshua, but tells people to call him "Yeshua" (Yay-shoo-a) and Christians tend to get very unnerved as if he has blasphemed.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
And prophecy could be nothing more then an educated guess as to what could happen?

The laws of probability PROVE that to be completely impossible.

Fulfilled prophecies are the smoking gun that differentiates religion from God.

You have been duped by the deliberate mind control that ALL of us have been fed our entire lives by religion, education, science, and media, etc.

These lies have effectively BLINDED the vast majority of people in the world.

FACT: you HAVE been deceived.

There's no QUESTION about that fact.

The REAL question is: WHY do people choose to live in denial?

The chances of just 48 out of the 456 prophecies being fulfilled in one person are 1 in 10 to the 157 power.

That's — 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,

"All this illustrates why it is absolutely impossible for anyone to have fulfilled the Messianic prophecies by chance. In fact, a leading authority on the probability theory, Emile Borel states that once we go past one chance in 10 to the 50th power, the probabilities are so small it's impossible to think they will ever occur."

LINK

"...once we go past one chance in 10 to the 50th power, the probabilities are so small it's impossible to think they will ever occur....Mathematicians generally agree that, statistically, any odds beyond 1 in 1050 have a zero probability of ever happening.... This is Borel's law in action which was derived by mathematician Emil Borel....

Here is one last illustration of the immensity of the number 10 to the 157th power and why the science of probability shows we are dealing with the miraculous… Imagine one ant traveling at the speed of only one inch every 15 billion years. If he could only carry one atom at a time, how many atoms could he move in 10 to the 157th power of years?

He would, even at that incredibly slow speed, be able to move all the atoms in 600,000 trillion trillion trillion trillion universes the size for our universe, a distance of 30 billion light years! Again, by the laws of probability, all of this means that it is simply impossible for 48 prophecies to be fulfilled by chance. LINK

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Unfortunately, Borel's laws of probablity is not proof to the validity of messianic claims, as you have to assume too much in order to even arrive at point to which they can be applied.

First, you have to assume that the biblical Jesus was an actual historical figure and not a literary invention. There is no archeological proof to this, outside of the Christian bible and those that believe its claims. Some will cite the writings of Josephus; however, even if those writings aren't forgeries (as some have posed) "Yeshua" or the Greek "Iesous" was a common name during the era (Yehoshua or Joshua today). It was not an utterly unique name and occurs several other times, in no relation to a messiah, in the documents cited as proof.

Second, if one is to accept that a messianic Jesus was an actual historical figure, then the assumption must be made that the New Testament is accurate in the retelling of history. Unfortunately, there is also no proof for this where the "gospels" are concerned, again, outside of the Christian bible and those that believe its claims.

Third, if one is to accept the previous two assumptions. Then one must assume that Jesus had no foreknowledge of the messianic prophecies contained in the Tanakh to exclude the possiblity of self-fulfilling prophecy or the prophecies being used as a framework to give credence to his claims as the "messiah". If the first two assumptions are accepted, then it is very clear that Jesus not only knew of these earlier prophecies and the Tanakh as a whole, but how to "fulfill" these "prophecies". Not only that, but any writer or inventor of the "gospels" would have been very aware of the messianic prophecies, as they would have been Jewish and well versed in the Tanakh and the stories of the prophets.

So, it is a logical fallacy (appeal from ignorance) to apply the law's of probablity to the messianic claim of Jesus without recognizing the assumptions that must first be met. Then another logical fallacy (argument from authority) is applied in order to make a statistical syllogism to a claim that does not include legitimate expertise or expert consensus, as these occurances are based on faith to begin with. The truth of the conclusion cannot be guaranteed by the truth of the premise . . . it's a logical non sequitur.

So, no . . . Borel's law cannot be applied to the messianic prophecy, in order to prove messianic claims. Christian apologetics love to use logical fallacies, as emotionally it is easy for the believer to fall for. Unfortunately, for the non-believer it just makes them sound foolish.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

First, let me say, I'm not stating any of this in favor of the validity of Judeo-Christian mythology.  It's clear the Old Testament borrowed from other mythologies of the region, which came before the time of the Isrealites, up until Leviticus (or Vayikra, if we are being official).

I agree with nearly your entire post, except the first line, but would add that man wants and believes in the science fiction future sold to them by Jewish screenwriters. It is their faith. 

Our Creator set his words down for us. From start to finish it shows man separated from his creator and the repercussions of such a separation - man made religion and the horrible oppression under such systems. We had the truth in the beginning, it's why the similarity of events is echoed in all ancient artifacts that we discover - variations of the same events. The Bible shows us this, from someone adding "Do not touch" in Eve's words to the serpent (Our Creator did not say it), to Jesus Christ standing before men who had created a religion which nullified nearly all the commands of Our Creator, thereby oppressing the people under rules and regulations that hunched them over and clouded their reasoning. He stood there and called them adversaries to their face. Satan means adversary. When Jesus Christ declared to mankind (and yes, Judea represents the world prophetically) that He would set them free, He set them free from the dogma and doctrines of men who only sought to stand between them and their Creator who declares Himself TO BE: Provider, Saviour, Helper, Creator, Healer, etc. Today, we see that man has once again set himself up between man and his Creator - doctors are the healers, the military are our protectors, our men of science and technology will save us, the state will be our provider, etc Our Creator's name is varied throughout scripture - which most atheists believe denotes "multiple gods" - because His Name IS His Character.

Today, we are descending straight back into times like the Dark Ages and the ancient world, including ancient Greece, ancient Rome, Babylon etc, as true faith in Jesus Christ dissolves and is replaced by the false anointing of the serpent - popularly known as kundalini. Our churches and secular society are descending into  superstitions of those times - rubbing statues for good luck, worshipping angels and demons, calling psychic hotlines, going to palm readers, consulting people who think they speak to the dead, playing with ouija boards, ghosts, believing that we are gods, aliens as "sky gods", rules and regulations covering every aspect of lives (Pharisee laws), seeing angels in the sky, goddess worship, Queen of Heaven worship, chanting, shamanism, statues bleeding, levitations, gladiator style fighting, child sacrifice, exaltation of sex, penis worship, animal whispering, lighting candles and burning incense, praying to the "god" of fortune etc .

Hundreds on ATS alone are now declaring themselves to be "gods" and "divine". All of those ancient writings from the ancient world, and all the carvings left, show civilisations that worshipped man as god. Instead of looking at the cause of why people are declaring themselves to be "gods" today (through eastern meditative practices), we are erroneously concluding that the ancient world had truth! The ancient world was destroyed because of the same delusions and superstitions sweeping the planet today because it led to continual wickedness.  We are oppressing ourselves as we reject Salvation which frees us from all of those things. We are thus letting the beast nature within man come right out, and that very beast nature is what only Our Saviour can transform back into the image and likeness of God. We aren't in the image and likeness of God because Adam beget Seth in HIS OWN IMAGE AND LIKENESS. 

The Old Testament didn't "borrow" from those other religions - it is your Creators words explaining how they came about and why man is the way he is. He sums it up here:

So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah. They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have.”

But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.” 1 Samuel 8:4-9

The Bible shines the Light on darkness, man as beast.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Even without Sitchen and Von Daniken, there are enough anomalies in the world to raise an eyebrow and hint towards the ancient astronaut theory, and there is no evidence to rule out that they aren't our creators. Yes, you cannot prove a negative, but for me AA theory satisfies my curiosity to some degree. It does link religion and evolution together quite nicely from my perspective too... So, discrediting Sitchen does nothing in the big picture, because the truth is just the truth, and nobody has found it with absolution yet.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The original Bible was lost in translation, that is why is so much controversy when it comes to the meaning of most of what is written in and how it was written, in this days and times anybody can take the Bible and turn it into whatever they want to fit their own agendas.

Is no wonder why is so many denominations of Christianity and so many churches that call themselves the "one and only one"

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
In addition, looking at the bible itself with an open mind, and without the fog of religious dogma, many interactions with god could be read as UFO encounters. The obvious Ezekials wheels, the pillar of fire by night and cloud by day that the Israelites followed into the wilderness. The star of Bethlehem (I reject the star and planet alignment suggestion), and many others... I am more certain that YHWH was a flesh and blood entity that flew around in all his glory (a UFO) trying to prove he was better than all the other gods (as he clearly stated) from wherever they were from out there in the heavens (space). They were extraterrestrials in my opinion, and don't need Sithin for that. So take your straw man, Sitchin and knock him down all you want, but YHWH was an ancient astronaut... As far as I'm concerned.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I always feel that when early men look at the skies and witness things it was not the Gods or God, but it was beings like you said, extraterrestrials.

Too many stories that are not part of the bible but also from the time of the bible that mention episodes in a different light.

The bible is not the only writings that are of historical accounts.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk
reply to post by solomons path

Even without Sitchen and Von Daniken, there are enough anomalies in the world to raise an eyebrow and hint towards the ancient astronaut theory, and there is no evidence to rule out that they aren't our creators. Yes, you cannot prove a negative, but for me AA theory satisfies my curiosity to some degree. It does link religion and evolution together quite nicely from my perspective too... So, discrediting Sitchen does nothing in the big picture, because the truth is just the truth, and nobody has found it with absolution yet.

I didn't say the possiblity of AA hypothesis (not theory) was not possible or had no merit. However, Sitchin's theory and fables are. Unfortunately, most (if not all) modern AA hypothesis stems from his stories and misrepresentations, even von Daniken's work. So, why I can agree to the possiblity there is nothing in modern AA theory but confirmation bias towards Sitchin's work. The main issues I have with AA hypothesis is there isn't anymore evidence for it than there is for supernatural entities. And if AA traveled through space and time to reach Earth, what purpose did it serve them and why did they leave us with no technology outsided of stone buildings and iron age myth? Why do AA proponents have to make up lies about sites like Puma Punku to advance their hypothesis. Why do ancient drawings supposedlly representing "advanced technology" capable of interstellar travel, today seem like antiquated tech, based on where we currently are and what we know about this type of tech? If true, all these AAs were around a few thousand years ago, which is nothing in the cosmological time scale, but their means of transport had pedals and levers like an old airplane and not touch screens and tought control?

There is also no evidence in our DNA to suggest manipulation. The only difference between humans and chimps is our fused #2 chromosome, which directly relates to two chimp chromosomes fused at the telemeres. We didn't have this information when Sitchin and von Daniken first put out the DNA manipulation hypothesis. Unfortunately, this proved there is no "other worldly" origins going on in our DNA, unless the AA simply took an ape ancestor (over 2mil yrs ago) and fused two chromosomes at the telemeres to see where it would lead.

ETA - not my strawman . . . you were the one defending him in previous posts and claimed his critics were doing so based on Christian beliefs. Sitchin is a fraud and almost all modern AA hypothesis comes from his work. Heck, History Channel has been making a lot of money of it.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

You pretty much lost me with the Jewish screen writers comment . . . I'm assuming you are believer in the various "Jew" conspiracies? If not, I'm not sure why any screen writer's ancestry or religion need be added.

Today, we are descending straight back into times like the Dark Ages and the ancient world, including ancient Greece, ancient Rome, Babylon etc, as true faith in Jesus Christ dissolves and is replaced by the false anointing of the serpent - popularly known as kundalini. Our churches and secular society are descending into superstitions of those times - rubbing statues for good luck, worshipping angels and demons, calling psychic hotlines, going to palm readers, consulting people who think they speak to the dead, playing with ouija boards, ghosts, believing that we are gods, aliens as "sky gods", rules and regulations covering every aspect of lives (Pharisee laws), seeing angels in the sky, goddess worship, Queen of Heaven worship, chanting, shamanism, statues bleeding, levitations, gladiator style fighting, child sacrifice, exaltation of sex, penis worship, animal whispering, lighting candles and burning incense, praying to the "god" of fortune etc .

I'm not sure how much you have studied world history or comparative religion or mythology, but there has never been a time on this planet when those quoted activities have not been prevalent thought the world. There has never been a "golden age" of piety or purity in devotion to a single spirit. You say we are descending "back" to these activities and "times", but when has any of that not been the norm for humans? They seek any means necessary to give them insight to the future or next life . . . or the events in the natural world that they don't understand (or fail to educate themselves on). What you say is turning away from the christ, I say has always been and will always be as long as humans exist. Just when was this time of the "golden age of Christ"; what era did it fall in?

You can make the claim that all stories share events or myths based on there being a universal truth or direct line from the original "source . . . but, that is only true in the myths localized by region. There is no congruence when then comparing to Norse, Celtic, Hindu, Asian creation myths. Only those cultures that sprang up in the fertile cresent . . . the semitic cultures. Even the Egyptians don't share with these cultures and they were within marching distance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join