It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let us make man in our image"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

International Standard Version (©2012)
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, to be like us. Let them be masters over the fish in the ocean, the birds that fly, the livestock, everything that crawls on the earth, and over the earth itself!"

Genesis 1:26

One thing that I always wonder about with the bible is who wrote it in the first place and why?

New International Version (©2011)
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Matthew 4:4

The "mouth of god" is the hand of men at the helm of his pen.

New Living Translation (©2007)
When you have eaten your fill, be sure to praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you.

Deuteronomy 8:10

They always referred to the LORD, which some people still hold as a title to this day.

Do you see a correlation there?

Praise the lord.
Your local Lord for bestowing his authority over the land and allowing you to use it.
Do you see what I mean?

New Living Translation (©2007)
"But that is the time to be careful! Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the LORD your God and disobey his commands, regulations, and decrees that I am giving you today

Do not disobey commands of the Lord?

Obey regulations and decree? And what followed this?
Royal Decrees from "Royal" families connected to the Church etc..

It goes on and on and i'm sure the point i'm trying to make is obvious by now.
The book was written by people to scare them into what we have today.

"In our image", do what we say but not what we do.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
i see what you mean.
i am studying the pisos/ josephus at this very moment.

the word 'make' in the first line of ex-text is very telling!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

The Bible is a piecemeal book written by many different authors who all appear to have had their own motives, style and intent in what they wrote.

God is usually personified as various male figures, like a King or a Father, and is commonly depicted seated upon a throne. Early on in the Bible God actually walks in the Garden and visits Abraham and thus God was likely meant to look like a human being (made in our image). On a doctrinal level people are meant to submit to God, surrendering their lives and calling him master. They plan to live eternity in what is essentially a high-end lavish prison colony where they worship him incessantly for rescuing them from the Lake of Fire he himself created and put them in danger of.

It is also clear that the people living in the area the Bible was written were not staunch monotheists as the Biblical narrative sometimes suggests but there were many gods. The word Elohim is used for God dozens of times in the Bible, it's a plural form of the word Eloah, and is clearly related to the Sumerian/Canaanite God El. El was in the same pantheon as Ba'al, who is mentioned numerous times as a false god in the Bible. Also briefly mentioned is Asherah, considered by some scholars to be Yahweh/El's wife.

The history of religion is fascinating, as is how religions melded and mingled and doctrines shifted and evolved over time through conquest and cultural diffusion. The fact that people want to take these stories literally in the 21st century isn't so amusing.

El

Priestly Source

The Jahwist

Elohist

Deuteronomist

edit on 19-3-2013 by Titen-Sxull because: Added more info on the authorship of the Bible

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've read it three times.

But what IS the point your are trying to make?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Or (and I'm just throwing this out there)...

Maybe people built their social hierarchy based on the words of gods, and not the other way around.

Do you think our social structure would be the way it is without a God?

Do most cultures not speak of learning social practices by their gods?

Is "the lie" about a God giving mankind society, just a natural evolution of mankind's highly social minds?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
One thing that I always wonder about with the bible is who wrote it in the first place and why?

I had a supernatural encounter with a Bible in 1979 that left me KNOWING that the Bible was written by GOD.

Since that experience years ago, I have read about many others who have had very similar experiences.

Below are two different encounters where Jesus refers to the Bible as "My Book":

Dr. Richard Eby was a professor and obstetrician who fell off a second story balcony in Chicago and hit his head and died instantly and found himself in Paradise. When he came back to a bloodless corpse in the hospital morgue, the athiest Doctor refused to believe he was alive and told him to 'shut up and don't give me any of that #' because he knew that Eby had been taken into the hospital as a totally bloodless dead body.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Jesus, where am I?I gasped! Suddenly in a new body in a new place with new life, I was ecstatically joyful: no pain, no tears, no sorrow, no memory.

Instantly, before I could complete my query, that same Voice in a tone of gentle thunder echoed within my head: "Didn’t you read my book?"

He was speaking to me (in fact, in me) with a speed greater than lightning, and in a language of sweet purity unlike anything that an earthly tongue could utter. I gasped again. I had HIS MIND, impossible as it seemed! Every word clearly meant exactly what was being said. We seemed to have a joint mind: I would ask, and He would answer. (The speed of this communication in such a MIND is hard to describe in human terms. Perchance I can now liken it to a printed page on which the questions being typed have the answers typed upon them, line upon line, at the same time, instantly.)

Yeshua began His answer: "If you had read My Book you would have known all the answers.

"In fact, everything that My children need to know about how God thinks and works and judges and rewards, either before or after the Cross, is already in My Book. That is why I commanded mankind to ‘engrave My Words upon their hearts,’ and to pass them along from generation to generation. I wanted everyone to hear and know just Who I AM, the Messiah, their one hope of Salvation, their Most High God."

Dr. Richard Eby dies, visits heaven, and returns with a startling message

This is an interview with someone who had a face to face encounter with Jesus when Jesus explained to her that we MUST believe God and trust Him to protect His written word.

Nathan Leal interviews "CJ"

A Testimony of a Face to Face Encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ

This quote is the key point: "You don't believe my word the Bible."

"It's My responsibility as God to protect My word for you."

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

They, are the Annunaki. The book of Genesis is a plagiarism of the Enuma Elish.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

Sitchin was an intelligence operative for the Global Elite and a complete FRAUD!

He fabricated his "Sumerian" translations because he was a CIA operative.

The "Ancient Sumerian Texts" that Sitchin says support all of his claims DON'T EVEN EXIST!!

Finally – and what a shock was this! - the Sumerian texts themselves revealed that Mr Sitchin had made it all up! But I would ask him face to face, “Why on earth did you fabricate your ‘Sumerian’ document?”

That’s when it dawned on me that the problem might be not with the inconsistencies, but with Mr Sitchin’s story.

Their findings knocked me over like a bolt of lightning. Are you ready for this?

HERE IT COMES… There are NO SUCH texts. Not anywhere!

• Did the Sumerians say the Anunnaki came from a planet Nibiru? NOT AT ALL.

• Did the Sumerians say the Anunnaki have a connection to Nibiru, a 12th planet or some other planet? NO, THEY DID NOT.

• Did the Sumerians say that Nibiru is a planet beyond Pluto? Again, the answer is NO.

Did you get that? In the entire cuneiform record there is not one single text that says any of these things. These texts do not exist. They are all made up! None of these things existed except in Mr Sitchin’s head:

Here is the truth: There is not a single text in the entire cuneiform record that speaks of a planet called Nibiru that passes through our solar system every 3,600 years. Not one text.

Sitchin fiction

In an August 1, 2012 interview with host and Dual Sun researcher Donny Gilson, Alfred Lambremont Webre revealed a long-hidden secret in the life of deceased author Zecharia Sitchin - that he was an advisor to the U.S. Department of Defense in setting up the 2003 illegal invasion of Iraq, and that he knowingly promoted a fraudulent "Nibiru" hoax, as part of an Illuminati global fear-based plan to usher in a New World Order global dictatorship (NWO) through public fear and terror generated by a "2012-13 Nibiru Flyby" meme generated in part by Sitchin's Nibiru hoax.

Independent researchers Michael Heiser, PhD and Jonathan Grey also found Mr. Sitchin's translations and story of the planet Nibiru to be fraudulent and a fabrication, and that the Sumerian texts Sitchin allegedly translated do not event exist.

He states this on the record not as a matter of opinion though but as a mater of fact and he further maintains that there is no proof even of Sitchin attending any college class for even one semester and that Sitchin is no language expert at all.

The "Nibiru Flyby" Meme/Hoax

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Nibiru flyby hoaxer Marshall Masters was a total hoaxer. Scumbag imo. But that in itself doesn't completely discredit Sitchin. Niburu never existed, or is misunderstood...

Michael Heiser is a fundamentalist Christian with his own agendas and is not credible at all, because of that, IMO. PHD or not.

Jonathan Gray, I'm not familiar with...

Regardless of some mistranslations, there is tons of Sitchin research that simply rings true and makes sense. Way more sense than the bs etherealism that Christianity preaches.

The Annunaki were our creators, or call them by another name there was and may still be a pantheon of gods and they made us in their image, to serve them, as slaves (more or less). There is more than enough evidence to convince me that the ancient astronaut theory is the missing link between evolution and religion. It blends the stories perfectly when you look at it in this light.

So debunk what you want in the name of Christianity, but Christianity is Santa Claus for adults and the bible has been adulterated as much as any other ancient historical accounts. And the book of Genesis is a plagiarism.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Just skimmed through that link. Jonathan Gray gets his info from Heiser. Christian agenda popping up again. Gray talks about Sumarian texts, when some of Sitchins translations come from pictures not text. It's a technicality. Gray is making part of his argument by simply asking the right, or the wrong questions. I laughed out loud.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

Originally posted by binkbonk
Just skimmed through that link. Jonathan Gray gets his info from Heiser. Christian agenda popping up again. Gray talks about Sumarian texts, when some of Sitchins translations come from pictures not text. It's a technicality. Gray is making part of his argument by simply asking the right, or the wrong questions. I laughed out loud.

You "laughed" while at the same time you trust KNOWN frauds such as Sitchin who work for TPTB.

OMFG, THAT is ironic...

Even those WITHOUT that awful "Biblical bias" have enough sense to recognize the difference between a hoax and a fraud.

Because of the fact that there isn't even a SHRED of evidence to suggest plagiarism, your argument falls flat on it's face here: michaelsheiser.com...

and here: www.michaelsheiser.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
I've read it three times.

But what IS the point your are trying to make?

That the early tribes around that area were coerced into religion through texts.

"Let us make man in our own image"

In the writer's image.

I'm wondering if those who wrote the bible learned from the much older religions of the time and manipulated these people into "moving up" out of the dirt and joining them..

Providing subliminal messaging in the form of congregation, repeating it over and over in their minds.

But I get the feeling you don't really care and just wanted to leave a snide sarcastic remark to demean.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Really? There is no motive for the powers that be to promote Sitchins presentations. Ancient astronaut theory is an enlightenment that flies in the face of conformity. It promotes rebellion against all religious control structures. But if you think the CIA's plan is to focus our rebellion against god and then therefor align with the tptb in their Tower of Babel type rebellion, it's seems like a risky prospect that would simply create more rebellion against all elite and kingships. Motive is weak, and a dead end. If anything, the pope is more aligned with totb and is more damaging to individual freedom than Sitchin.

You are displaying religious dogmentalism, that is creating a denial of common sense explanations when compared to the impossible ethereal magic that organized religion dumbly presents.

I'll believe Sitchin before I would listen to any Christian. Christians have a really bad track record when it comes to morality.
edit on 19-3-2013 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

The "mouth of god" is the hand of men at the helm of his pen.

It sounds like you think that the ego-self is in charge of the pen. It sounds like you think that the "I" that people think they are is in charge.

Nope. It's not.

edit on 19-3-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

In order to make man in his image, god must have a mouth - a mouth that gets thirsty. A throat goes with the mouth, and the lungs and stomach. Lungs that need to breathe. A stomach for food. Why would an eternal being need these things? Could he suffocate or starve to death? Not much of a god there.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I'm wondering if those who wrote the bible learned from the much older religions of the time and manipulated these people into "moving up" out of the dirt and joining them..

Two possible problems with that premise come to mind:

1) Satan is the one behind all those older religions.

Everything I have seen points that direction and there is a massive amount of evidence that correlates with it..

2) The fulfilled prophecies are irrefutable proof that the Bible is in fact divinely inspired.

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathematically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time, and at the same time encourage mankind to obey Him.

Source

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

There is no such thing as prophecy, only cyclicality.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Two possible problems with that premise come to mind:

1) Satan is the one behind all those older religions.

Everything I have seen points that direction and there is a massive amount of evidence that correlates with it..

2) The fulfilled prophecies are irrefutable proof that the Bible is in fact divinely inspired.

But man could also be the one behind Satan?
The words of Satan came from the same pens as the words of god.

And prophecy could be nothing more then an educated guess as to what could happen?

I mean, I prophesize that man will kill some species here, pollute there then a great earthquake will hit etc..

and I could never be wrong in that context

Also what defines divinity? My words could be just as divine but at a completely different angle?
The only time i've ever felt that I truly talked to god it said "you are here to test the faith of others"

Well.. am I doing a good job??
edit on 19-3-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You should use Young's Literal Translation instead of that new age hippy Bible... (jk)

Here's the verse from Youngs:
'
Deuteronomy 8:10
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

"10 and thou hast eaten, and been satisfied, and hast blessed Jehovah thy God, on the good land which he hath given to thee."

No 'LORD' at all....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

A great example of flawed exoteric literalistic theology.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join