It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QUOTE button should be removed!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I am only trying to make ATS better dude. Let's just see ho far this goes.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Izak4K

This is ATS Complainer Nonsense at its absolute Best ! Complain about about the quote button and then use it in one of your own replies in the thread you are complaining about it in...OUTSTANDING...if I could give you applause I would simply for the shear audacity.

Also complain about how it looks outdated and boring but you bring no other threads to the table other than a complaint thread...again OUTSTANDING...insert applause here.

Just when you think the worlds ending too....you have something like this to brighten your day and you know it going to be alright

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Interesting. I am not trying to prove something, but someone must do it. It must be me.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
To ALL! You create a topic - what ever it is and you love it.I want to know, how to make this page easier to swap through. And no - I do not work for ATS - I am free and can do whatever I feel.
edit on 17-3-2013 by Izak4K because: (no reason given)

I did not made this for stars or flags, I just want to help to make our experience better.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Izak4K

I did not made this for stars or flags, I just want to help to make our experience better.

Luckily
.... I joke, I joke.

Smile and have a lovely day, these first world problems usually sort themselves out in no time

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't have any problem with the quote button. It is a non issue as far as I'm concerned. However, I do wonder why the "flag" button is unavailable on certain newly posted threads

Sorry if this is a wee bit off topic but I thought this thread was as good a place as any to raise the issue.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I know at other sites I have posted at, the quote function can be quite handy in case someone decides to go edit out something and then claim that isn't what they said.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Here is another flaw I found on ATS completely useless. There are several others - homepage is actually outdated for several reasons, but that's not the point.
Why ATS members uses this button, when they can just push reply? Many of them do it only to make a thread huge and impossible to read. It's actually a big deal, when someone quote "for fun" just to make us swap for several pages instead of reading what we want.
I am only trying to help, course that's what I do every single day and I feel it is important.
My suggestion is - give a number to every answer!

Let's say:
" I completely agree with #5 point of view but #11 has a better understanding of this."
It's much more easier to find.
At the same time I already sold two problems.
Can go much deeper, but let's see how this goes.

Yes, I see what you mean!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Originally posted by feelingconnected

reply to post by feelingconnected

I'm just trying a new approach. ATS site looks kind of dull and outdated.
I am reading on something that I would like to talk about here on ATS.

Namaste.

Lol ok, but I like the quotes. To me it makes threads flow instead of back tracking. I like ats as it is really, maybe I'm outdated
or dull

Not at all, I thought all of your replys were relevant, and nothing you said was dull.

I postulate the op has a problem where he cant see he has already read the quoted material, so he gets stuck reading every line of every post, quotes and all, so it takes him a long time to read and reply.

I suggest, just looking at the quoted material, and making sure you have already read and stored it away in your noggin, then just go to the new post and read it, as the quote is meant for reference, or to highlight somthing said in a previous post.

In short op, I think it is absolutely necessary, and couldnt imagine having to copy paste every time I thought I might need to give reference to somthing in my reply.

Just my opinion of course

I think the issue is nesting quotes, there becomes a point where it becomes unreadable...

I've seen some really funky quoted posts where no matter how hard you try, you cannot fix whatever the person before you, did. And that's when you're pulling the post apart with tweezers and a magnifying glass.

Throw in some errant bbcode and we're done for.

Yeah I can't agree more.

Mmm nestlings!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Here is another flaw I found on ATS completely useless. There are several others - homepage is actually outdated for several reasons, but that's not the point.
Why ATS members uses this button, when they can just push reply? Many of them do it only to make a thread huge and impossible to read. It's actually a big deal, when someone quote "for fun" just to make us swap for several pages instead of reading what we want.
I am only trying to help, course that's what I do every single day and I feel it is important.
My suggestion is - give a number to every answer!

Let's say:
" I completely agree with #5 point of view but #11 has a better understanding of this."
It's much more easier to find.
At the same time I already sold two problems.
Can go much deeper, but let's see how this goes.

Sometimes people post multiple times within the same thread, and it's a bit handy to know which specific post is being replied to without having to go through ALL the trouble of clicking to see which post is being replied to. See? I just saved a bunch of people a ton of time by quoting you!

edit on 18-3-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
I just saved a bunch of people a ton of time by quoting you!

But you did not need to quote the WHOLE of his post in order to achieve that effect.
See what I mean?
The point you were answering is really in the third line of the OP. Just quoting that would have been enough.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Keep in mind, lonq quotes are not allowed, so if you see it, use the Alert feature, so a mod can snip it.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2   >>

join