It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Corrie's Parents Call for Justice in Palestine on 10th Anniversary of Death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+102 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Today is the 10th Anniversary of Death of Rachel Corrie. Rachel Corrie died was an American peace activist who was crushed to death by an an Israel Defense Forces armored bulldozer. She was standing infont of the house of local Palestinian pharmacist that was about to be demolished. When she was fun over twice by the bulldozer.

Ten years ago today, Rachel Corrie, a 23-year-old peace activist from Olympia, Washington was crushed to death by an Israeli army bulldozer in Gaza while protesting against the demolition of a Palestinian house by Israeli forces.

Rachel Corrie (April 10, 1979-March 16, 2003) As an activist and volunteer with the International Solidarity Movement, Corrie was devoted to exposing the injustices that she saw while working in Gaza.

www.commondreams.org...

A tribute to Rachel Corrie.
Rachael Corrie..a true hero...Medals of Bravery...Billy Bragg_ The Lonesome Death of Rachel Corrie

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wow what a gal RIP.
Did the guy in the bulldozer get charged?
edit on 16-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

No the man was never charged he claimed he never saw her. Witnesses claim she was run over more than once.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Wow what a gal RIP.

Rarely does an Israeli get convicted for murder when they kill someone who isn't Jewish or from Israel. And if you listen to some of their leaders it's no wonder why.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

It is still manslaughter though...
Darn it I try not to hate but when stuff like this happens I start to feel it creep in.

Wish I could do something but what do I do?

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Rachel Carrie is the perfect example of the Darwin Theory. You do something stupid, you die. You take yourself out of the gene pool. She stood in front of a military bulldozer during a military operation thinking her presence alone was enough to stop it. What was the bulldozer doing? Knocking down a house that sheltered a tunnel by which explosives were delivered to Israel which were then used to blow up school busses full of children.

There is justice in the world. Rachel Carrie is dead.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Got proof of that...oh and shame on you either way a young woman died doing what she thought was right.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Wow what a gal RIP.

Rarely does an Israeli get convicted for murder when they kill someone who isn't Jewish or from Israel. And if you listen to some of their leaders it's no wonder why.

Lemme fix it for you, "NEVER does an israeli terrorist get convicted for murdering a goy or gentile", the torah sees it as ok.
...Master race...
I cannot wait until US funding and bombs stop going to those nazis.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Rachel Carrie is the perfect example of the Darwin Theory. You do something stupid, you die. You take yourself out of the gene pool. She stood in front of a military bulldozer during a military operation thinking her presence alone was enough to stop it. What was the bulldozer doing? Knocking down a house that sheltered a tunnel by which explosives were delivered to Israel which were then used to blow up school busses full of children.

There is justice in the world. Rachel Carrie is dead.

You seem to forget it was an illegal military operation. And there is no justice the scum that killed her is still breathing.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Justice? For what, exactly? She was an American protestor on foreign soil, obstructing an Israeli military operation by creating her own one-person roadblock with an 80-ton piece of armored equipment being operated by a Russian immigrant worker.

Looking beyond the politics of the situation, you do not play peekaboo with heavy equipment. I don't care how much florescent orange you're wearing or how big a loudspeaker you've got, when you're running around and blocking a piece of moving steel that weighs more than 20 elephants, has a blind spot in the front longer than the machine is, and is louder than the front row of a rock concert something bad is bound to happen. That's why you don't see construction workers kneeling in a bulldozers path.

The largest 'dozer I've operated is a D7, which is a runt compared to the D9, and even then the D7 had such a blind spot infront of the blade that it is entirely conceivable to me the possibility of accidentally running someone down and not even knowing it. And that's not even taking into account the further reduced visibility through armored glass and shutters, the lack of watchers, flagmen and reliable onsite communication, and having someone deliberately get infront of you rather than get away when you're moving.

All these supporters trying to make her a martyr because she was naive enough to play chicken with a D9. I didn't buy it then, and I still don't buy it ten years from now.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Military doesn't make it right. Quit stealing land pathetic Khazars and Ashkazis. Revelation 2:9 and 3:9. You'll get yours,

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Brave woman. R.I.P

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

She was a peaceful protester. Do you really think she deserved to die. Do you want to live in a world where you are killed for expressing your opinion in a peaceful manor.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Yep, few steps right or left and shed be alive today. If she had stood in front of a train people would say 'Dang, that was stupid".

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
What happens when an unstoppable force meets a soft, squishy peace protester? The predictable.

I won't say that she deserved her fate, that's a line of thinking that's foreign to me. She was naive, foolhardy, and more than a little bit arrogant in thinking that she could play Tienanmen with a 'dozer, but she was also a good, decent human being with the balls to stand up for what she thought was right.

I don't necessarily agree with the cause, but I applaud her convictions, even if they cost her her life. She died a world away from her home, and for what? Some stranger's house?
edit on 3/16/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
much love to her, I pray for justice..

I pray karma is real,

thank you God..

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yet again you guys show your hand....what, 53 flags with only 1 page on comments....but hell, I will bite anyway.

She was naive and foolish for not getting out of the way. But she did have courage, she stood up for what she believed and paid the price for it. Perhaps some of the people in this thread that hate Israel should do what Rachel did - go over there and protest.

edit on 16-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
R.I.P Rachel ... your death was not in vain ... justice will be done and israel will pay for its crimes against humanity ....

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
All these guys saying she was being stupid or naive amaze me. I mean really.. if this was happening to washing DC there would be an Outcry. People all over the world would be effected emotionally. However since Israel basically owns America through AIPAC, it all gets shoved under the rug. You people that call her naive need the hand of god. Apparently God has forsaken you , because you have no sense of what is right and what is wrong. You are defending a group of people that have no God and only worship money. But then again, most of the people in America worship money just as much.

When I say Hand of God, I mean you need to be touched by him. Not harmed but shown the light so that you may come to your senses.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoMuslim

Because anybody who isn't a rabid Palestine supporter is either a) a Jew (who all worship only money), or b) an American (who are all owned by the Jews). I am neither. You don't do your position any favours by making such broad generalizations.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join