It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censorship and mind control from birth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Found a Chinese fairy tale that teaches the child to not blindly listen to others but to take the facts and critically think things out.

people.wku.edu...

If anyone can find a eurpoean (or better yet American) version remind me what the tale is. All Americans seem to be taught is to believe the official story, do what you are told and not critically think...ever.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hi there, would it be something like this?: en.wikipedia.org... you might be after?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea
Found a Chinese fairy tale that teaches the child to not blindly listen to others but to take the facts and critically think things out.

people.wku.edu...

If anyone can find a eurpoean (or better yet American) version remind me what the tale is. All Americans seem to be taught is to believe the official story, do what you are told and not critically think...ever.

I love the "mind control from birth" title. S&F!

Well . . . not exactly the same, but "The Boy who Cried Wolf" comes to mind . . . although from the other angle.

Also, "Little Red Riding Hood", "Three Pigs", really most of Grimms tales caution about not trusting strangers.

Aesop's "The Fox and the Crow" is about not trusting flatterers . . .

While none of these specifically mention "critical thinking", it is certainly implied; however, the antagonist is always a "stranger".

I think, and I've told my young son this, that a lot of the problems in this world today are a direct result of the "entertainment" choice that have been supplied to children over the last few decades. Sure Disney did some retellings, but kids aren't really exposed to fairy tales and fables anymore. These vehicles all had a message that could be drawn on to guide someone through life and were engrained to a point of being self-evident to them as adults.

Really . . . what moral message to kids receive from kids TV or video games? Nothing that helps them become a thinking adult . . . that's for sure.

join