It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens New Zealand with a nuclear strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Didn't think he knew we even existed! - feel important now

www.thecivilian.co.nz...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Peter Brake

Oops - mods can you move this please?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Well, what are your thoughts on this? How do you feel about it and are you scared or could you care less?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Those nut jobs will threaten anyone if they think it might parlay results in their favor.

I'm surprised they haven't threatened China, their closest friends, yet.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Please look at the source - a version of the Onion, far from real news.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

New Zealand was one of the first to send troups in the 1950's when North Korea invaded the south. Out of the three threatened we are the only one that technically they are still at war with. - And still a major threat today
(not).

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yet more fear mongering, which no doubt will come to nothing as it always does where NK is concerned. Where are the sources? Where is the evidence about what was said? I call BS on this.

I am sick of the evil media and their disgusting terror campaign. The editors of these rags, and the people who write these articles are bona fide, 100% genuine terrorists. They are the ones creating fear and panic, partly to make money and partly to do the bidding of their overlords. They need wiping off the face of the planet.

Edit to add: It appears that site is some sort of satirical site. However my point still stands about those who spread fear for profit.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

New Zealand?...really?
I guess that means Micronesia is next on the hitlist.

North Korea is going coo coo for Cocoa Puffs, I hear they have put out a hit on African Swallows too.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Guess about half the worlds sheep are extremely frightened about now.

Not good news for them at all.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Don't people read the article linked to in the OP?

If they had then it would be obvious to them that it's a joke.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Don't people read the article linked to in the OP?

If they had then it would be obvious to them that it's a joke.

Or even other people's comments, at least the first few.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Lol, is this a joke?

The isolated communist dictatorship had earlier made a similar threat against the United States, but retracted it following President Obama’s swift assurance that any ballistic missile attack against his country could be quickly and easily intercepted.

I heard of no such retraction...

Asked what he thought would happen if North Korea did launch a nuclear strike against the country, Key replied “Everybody would die.”

That's about as honest as you can get.

Edit: confirmed joke, glad we have members here familiar with the NZ version of "The Onion".

edit on 12-3-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I can't find any other news items - but given the replys do sound like John Key - yes my call (even if he did threaten this) - is that it is a joke.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Whats the deal now, cant Kim Jong-un get New Zealand Story to work on his Android emulator or something??? LoL
edit on 12-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Upon closer inspection of the OP story....

The isolated communist dictatorship had earlier made a similar threat against the United States, but retracted it following President Obama’s swift assurance that any ballistic missile attack against his country could be quickly and easily intercepted.

Acknowledging that its initial proclamations were overzealous and unrealistic, the DPRK today reissued its threats, this time against several more vulnerable countries, including Turkmenistan, Iceland and New Zealand.

and closing with...

While the government appeared disinterested in doing anything about the nuclear strike, there were some promising indications of external aid from abroad. Tonga’s Prime Minister, Sialeʻataongo Tuʻivakanō, promised that he would “look out for any missiles”, and Prime Minister of Australia Julia Gillard phoned Bill English last night to assure him that, in the event of a nuclear attack, Australia would do everything it could to provide additional news coverage.
(Op Link)

I'm thinking it's safe to take this as a spoof of events as opposed to an actual threat by the DPRK. Aside from the obvious issue. Aiming at and hitting the Continental United States would take the guidance of pure favorable odds. We do take a % of the planet alone a certain line. Hitting New Zealand would take guidance that means something. Hmm... Funny article though.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Damn they are much in the news (N-Korea).

In some ways it's like Bin Laden, at least we had some very crappy video's somethimes. I just wonder if the propoganda machine is making over hours, or that this news we getting is just genuine & that N-Korea might just even enjoying all this, even when it may not all the truth, it's sure nice to have some attention.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

join