It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golfer Swallowed By Sinkhole On Fairway In St Louis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Glad the guys ok but this remineded me of a joke that I heard and fits right in with all the other post above

When you are poor and live in the getto you play and watch basketball.

When you are middle class living in the burbs you play and watch Football

When you are in upper management you play and watch Baseball.

When you are in the Upper class CEO style you play and watch Golf.

The moral of the storie is the higher in society you go the small your balls are.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
Glad the guys ok but this remineded me of a joke that I heard and fits right in with all the other post above

When you are poor and live in the getto you play and watch basketball.

When you are middle class living in the burbs you play and watch Football

When you are in upper management you play and watch Baseball.

When you are in the Upper class CEO style you play and watch Golf.

The moral of the storie is the higher in society you go the small your balls are.

HAH!!
Im emailing this to my BIL. He cant deny it either. He is the owner of a larger corp.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I live in the area that this happened and sinkholes are EVERYWHERE. The golf course is only about 10 miles from the Mississippi river bluff and there are sinkholes due to the mining that went on years ago. The mines are closed now but the land keeps sinking. There are sinkholes big enough to swallow houses and people have just built on the solid ground and tried to fill in the holes ads they sink.

The entire area is actually full of them all the way into St. Clair County due to Peabody Coal mining years ago. There are many nice houses in Belleville that are not more than 20 years old that have started to sink and show huge cracks in the foundation.

If you google sinkholes in Monroe County, IL you will see a pic of a sinkhole that formed at the edge of a creek the swallowed the creek entirely. It was nothing but a whirlpool after that and now the creek just runs into the hole.

And BTW if you go to the golf course website you will see that there is a very tragic story attached to the name. Sad but touching and it is a great place to play a round.

<< 1   >>

join