It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleister's rice and lentils recipe (Oatmeal too!)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Alistair, can you please post a link to an amazon listing of the sesame sticks you're using? (just so I can see what brand you're using) I'm very interested in your oatmeal recipe.

I love making savory oatmeal w/onions, green pepper & garlic sauteed in butter and topped with sausage gravy.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

MickeyMouga
Alistair, can you please post a link to an amazon listing of the sesame sticks you're using? (just so I can see what brand you're using) I'm very interested in your oatmeal recipe.

I love making savory oatmeal w/onions, green pepper & garlic sauteed in butter and topped with sausage gravy.

Hi. I'll look up the brand of sesame sticks tomorrow, thanks for asking. My oatmeal is the finest, I can eat it every day and not get tired of it (I don't eat it every day, but should). I used to put more vegetables into it, and you may have inspired me to do so again. Chopped onions and broccoli were my main veggies (I add garlic powder in the cooking process). I want some right now! Will get back to the thread tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Listing the brand would give away my location, as it is a local store brand. But you can try various sesame sticks to see which one you like and if they mix well in what you have made. When mixed into the finished oatmeal they get softer, and so they add to the taste but are not overly crunchy.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Listing the brand would give away my location, as it is a local store brand.

I completely understand. I'll have to take a look around and see if I can find something similar to what you described. Thanks!
reply to post by Aleister

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'd probably enjoy eating these 2 recipies so I'll try them. Thanks for sharing! Vegans need their own planet!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationsDivad

Thanks, it'd be good to get your opinion of the finished dish. I should say that I've been adding chives as a seasoning on these two (the rice and lentils and the oatmeal).

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Yeah man!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
an additional seasoning....along with chives I've also started sprinkling a little bit of flax seeds on top of the finished dish.

And I've been tending to put my end-seasonings on about three-quarters of the bowl and leaving a quarter of it with just the original with its cooked seasonings, which gives a different taste to the overall stuff sitting in the bowl

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join