It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thyroid lumps detected in children in Fukushima Prefecture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
Tsk, Tsk, buddy, you're not fooling me.

Greetings:
OK.
One question: What do you propose to do with the over 200,000 tons of high-level waste presently awaiting "permanent long-term disposal?"

Thank you.
tfw
edit on 11/3/2013 by thorfourwinds because: yupp

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

I'm not sure if there is a best answer here. This situation is SNAFU. All that's happening is massive damage control.

Many ideas have been presented on ATS. None of them seem to pass the litmus test.

What are we doing with the spent fuel from all the other reactors of the world? We're either storing it and hoping that the mess magically disappears one day, else spreading it around via DU munitions, which I'm vehemently against except perhaps in what they're actually designed for, to pierce through tanks.

I have this bizarre idea that we may be able to genetically engineer a micro-organism to nom on this stuff, and plop out something less radioactive. Not sure if that's really possible, but just look at what worms can do to trash (vermicomposting), or what some bacteria can do for oil seeping through the bottom of the ocean.

To make my stance clear, I think that we should have been running thorium reactors from the get go. I think that uranium, and/or plutonium based nuclear energy is unethical. I think that we may or may not have alternative energy solutions which if the case, seems to be suppressed by TPTB. I think the only energy solution which will be allowed any time soon, is a controlled one, for a variety of reasons. I think we could supply the earth's energy needs with H³, and it's immoral for us not to be going for it with all we've got, ASAP, considering the environmental catastrophes that are likely to take place regarding AGW.

Having said all that, I see no evidence from any site that doesn't have an agenda on promoting sensationalism, that the amount of radiation hitting pretty much anywhere outside of Japan, is anything to be concerned about. Radiation is a fact of life. The amount we're getting each day from FUKU is incredibly small in comparison to our regular daily dose. I'm so freaking skirmish about this stuff that I haven't used a microwave in over a decade, and quit putting the cell up to my ear back in maybe 2006.

We need people to inform us with the facts. I realize you put a lot of efforts in these reports and threads you put out. Just try to keep it with top notch quality information. No more sensationalism. It's simply not necessary, and is a form of deception towards a topic that is dreadfully serious.
edit on 11-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

That quote has some problems. It says: "The ministry believes the figures were lower in Fukushima than in the other prefectures because the data in Fukushima covered children from newborns to the age of 2. " OK, so how much lower? My interpretation is that they are giving the figure of "56.6 percent" type A2 in Fukushima prefecture, and "41.2 percent" Type A2 overall, including the surrounding prefectures. 56.6% is not lower than 41.2% so I can't make any sense out of that statement about the figures being lower in Fukushima. They type B rate is also higher in Fukushima prefecture at 1%, versus 0.6% overall, so that doesn't explain the contradiction either.

I think it's based on the number of people tested.

I was watching the symposium today and they should a chart concerning that data.I will try to dig that up.

That symposium can be view here,www.totalwebcasting.com...,tomorrow and the will have the archive from today available soon.

Enenews is reporting on some of what is being presented.

enenews.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I think it's based on the number of people tested.
Thanks for the reply and the link, there are some interesting stories on that link.

But I don't follow what you mean by "based on the number of people tested". The quote lists the number of people tested and the percentages are based on those numbers. But if you find any clarification, please update us. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

10% of 38,000 versus in 2011 10% of 94,000 in 2012.See the play on numbers there,or am I wrong.
Those percentages were just an simplified example.3800 vs 9400 but still only 10% of the tested.

Here is the same chart that was shown at the symposium.

There was an approximate increase of 8%.

fukushimavoice-eng.blogspot.co.uk...
There is alot of data on this site.

Mind you,this only pertains to Japan and affected areas only.
No where did I reference the rest of the world.
Peace,
K

edit on 12-3-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Greetings:

The amount we're getting each day from FUKU is incredibly small in comparison to our regular daily dose.

Don't suppose you have a shred of proof for this statement?

Please quantify the amount of radiation from Fukushima (on a daily basis) that is "incredibly small" compared to "our regular daily dose," whatever you mean by that. Do you happen to have that figure also?

Thanks for the clarification.

tfw

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=chartreuse]Lest we forget[/font]

“I retired my account and decided to come out fresh.”

You were BANNED, not ‘retired,’ troller.

Beginning your “new, auspicious career” based on another prevarication will only hasten your demise in this new moniker.

“I’m calling you out as a fearmonger who is doing this for shiz and giggles.”

Again, sadly mistaken, buddy.

We have been in the anti-nuclear movement far more than your short 30 years on this beautiful planet that you evidence so little respect for.

Perhaps you might read up on the competition before you toss your hat in the ring and you would know that we advocate for an energy future that is radiation-free, sustainable, benign, democratic and economically feasible.

We even have a plan, freely available right here on ATS, that is also a good read.

What do you advocate for, pray tell, nomnom?

You can start your educational journey with our signature threads, or come on over to the deep end of the ‘spent fuel pool’ to end your misery more quickly.

OMG!
Why should we, the people, bother listening to so-called ‘experts’ like Dr. Helen Caldicott (our first EARTH AID Twitter Follower - smile) or Dr. Alexey Yablokov when we have individuals like nomnom who insist only their version of the ‘truth’ is correct?

Here, kind Sir, debunk this.

Dr. Yablokov cautioned against the downplaying of the seriousness of the radiation releases at Fukushima. “When you hear ‘no immediate danger’ then you should run away as far and as fast as you can,” he said.

He pointed out that the area around Chernobyl is as contaminated today as it was almost 25 years ago when the accident occurred. 

Cesium, americium, strontium and plutonium that deposited in soil have reached the roots of plants which then propel the radioactivity back to the surface.  “The contamination there last year is the same as 20 years ago,” he said. source

Do you have some witty remark about the above photo, nomnom?

If you hadn’t noticed by now, most informed individuals are vehemently anti-nuclear because of the consequences of nuclear “accidents.”

Nuclear power requires perfection. But human life is a scene of error and turmoil. The problem is not a broken valve or an inadequate flood wall or even the earthquake or tsunami.

It is the fundamental mismatch between fallible human beings and a universal power that is too great for us to control. That is what Fukushima teaches and that is what the world is learning.

If you had bothered to follow the links and become better informed, you would understand how

FALLOUT CLOCK - Time since Mar 11, 2011 2:46 PM Fukushima

An ill wind still blows from the West, 24/7/365 - for over TWO YEARS.

Today’s Jetstream Model

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

edit on 13/3/2013 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Short Update:

Seven More Confirmed Thyroid Cancer Cases: Total of 33 Cancer in Fukushima Children--Preliminary Results

In summary, there were 7 more cancer cases confirmed since the last report on November 12, 2013. One case was confirmed in a female from Namie Town, 5 in Koriyama City, and 1 in Izumizaki Village.

The total number of cases confirmed or suspected of cancer is 75. Of these, 34 had surgeries as of December 31, 2013, and 1 turned out to be a benign nodule, 32 were confirmed to be papillary thyroid cancer, and 1 still has no confirmed cytological diagnosis but listed as poorly differentiated thyroid cancer.

Shinichi Suzuki, a Fukushima Medical University physician in charge of the thyroid ultrasound examination, cautioned against jumping to the conclusion about this "poorly differentiated cancer" which normally is associated with a poor prognosis. Although he did not elaborate on details, he said the diagnostic criteria for poorly differentiated thyroid cancer have recently changed. This was the case which, initially thought of as papillary thyroid cancer, was undergoing cytological reevaluation by pathologists who are still not sure about the exact subtype.

Fukushima Voice

Not much to add, except that we keep our Eyes on this!

For the People who want to get more Info and are able to read Japanese:
Fukushima Prefecture
edit on 8-2-2014 by Human0815 because: Graphic

top topics

<< 1   >>

join