It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thyroid lumps detected in children in Fukushima Prefecture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
There seems to be a growing increase in detection's of certain possible radiation related problems from the children from the fukushima disaster.

Thyroid lumps detected in children in Fukushima Prefecture, home to the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, appear at almost the same rate as in children from three other prefectures, according to the Environment Ministry. In the survey, a total of 4,365 people aged between 3 and 18 in the three prefectures of Aomori, Yamanashi and Nagasaki underwent the same ultrasound examination being performed on children in Fukushima. The survey, conducted from November last year, found that 2,469 of them, or 56.6 percent, have lumps measuring 5 millimeters or smaller, or cysts of 20 millimeters or smaller in their thyroid glands in a status known as A2, the ministry said in a preliminary report Friday. Forty-four, or 1 percent, are in status B, having larger lumps or cysts that require further examination, the report said. No lumps or cysts were found in the remaining 1,852 children, it added. The survey examined children in Hirosaki, Aomori Prefecture; Kofu, Yamanashi Prefecture; and Nagasaki. Meanwhile, ultrasounds are being conducted by the Fukushima prefectural government on residents in the prefecture from newborns to those who were 18 years old at the outbreak of the crisis at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Fukushima plant. The results of the tests were available for about 130,000 people as of January, with the proportion of those classified as A2 and B coming to 41.2 percent and 0.6 percent, respectively. The ministry believes the figures were lower in Fukushima than in the other prefectures because the data in Fukushima covered children from newborns to the age of 2. The Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant has released a massive amount of radioactive substances, including iodine, after being damaged in the Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami in March 2011. Radioactive iodine tends to accumulate in the thyroid gland.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Just posting it,take for what ever you will.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

The Japanese government should have evacuated everyone from this vicinity immediately. Now all these poor people are going to have thyroid cancer and have to have their thyroid/parathyroid glands surgically removed. They will have to take synthroid or other thyroid hormone medications for the rest of their lives.
My ex-girlfriend had this and went through a very rough time.

This sucks...

Kratos

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

It was always a matter of time until the negative effects of this disaster started showing. Don't get me wrong, the initial disaster was a tragedy but this is going to play out for years. Much like Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Japan has had a hard time since WWII.
edit on 10-3-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

People of ATS

Please realize that this isn't just limited to Japan. I have monitored the situation since it occurred and copious amounts of radiation traveled across the Pacific to the USA and Canada, and then over to Europe....

The news will, of course, come out of Japan first regarding those now affected but I assure you these symptoms will start appearing throughout the entire Northern Hemisphere very soon, and in 10 years there will be no-one in the Northern hemisphere who isn't affected one way or another.

South of the Equator was definitely the safest bet after Fukushima. The Georgia Guidestones are starting to play out. The Northern Hemisphere was always the target. There was no other way to reduce the world population by so much other than to poison the Northern Hemisphere, or numerically 90% of the World Population.

I wish you all the best of luck. Some hard times are going to occur over the next few years and it will take the next 20 years for the plan to be completed. 2032 is the beginning of the Golden Age....or the beginning of the beginning.
edit on 10-3-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

You might like this.

UPDATE 3/7- Press conference: There will be a press conference 1:00 pm on Monday, March 11 with US Navy Quartermasters (retired) Maurice Enis and Jaime Plym who both suffered radiation exposure and subsequent health damage while serving on the USS Ronald Reagan during a Fukushima aid and rescue mission. Enis and Plym will discuss the lawsuit they joined against the nuclear plant’s owner, Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), for misleading US officials about the extent of radiation released.

nuclearfreeplanet.org...

Apparently,Dr Helen Caldicott is holding a symposium tomorrow and tuesday in New York City.
This should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

The news will, of course, come out of Japan first regarding those now affected but I assure you these symptoms will start appearing throughout the entire Northern Hemisphere very soon, and in 10 years there will be no-one in the Northern hemisphere who isn't affected one way or another.

Bullhonkey. I'm sick of the fear-mongers spreading this nonsense. BACK IT UP with data, else GTFO of here. Yes, there are MINUTE bits of radiation spreading the globe. Oh noes, it means... not much, buddy. It means a few more incidences of cancer outside of the immediate surroundings of FUKU. The earth is rather large, and diffuses the radiation long before reaching the US.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

ALSO.. IN young adults in Missouri..MY DAUGHTER and I am pissed,, This does NOT run in my family at all.. so screw the Japs... for not taking care of there own business,

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd

ALSO.. IN young adults in Missouri..MY DAUGHTER and I am pissed,, This does NOT run in my family at all.. so screw the Japs... for not taking care of there own business,

yeah! Screw them for being hit by a huge earthquake and subsequent tsunami! Every nuclear nation on earth is vulnerable to something like this.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Greetings esteemed Member kdog:

Great thread, as usual, and we humbly offer this for affirmation.

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

As always ,thor,thank you.

Peace,
K

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Some Bullhonkey for ya.
INDIANAPOLIS – Thyroid cancer, which affects about 11 people per 100,000 each year, seems to be on the rise. It's a trend that baffles medical researchers.
...And they have no idea why?

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Local weather is not the same as climate change.

You would think after dozens of threads on this same issue, people would get the clue.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

Colorado rain snow.

If you don't believe geiger counters there's no reaching you.

Southern Brazil.

Ontario Canada

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd

You're actually saying that it was their fault that they were hit with an earthquake that crippled their nation?
Wow, I'd like to see how you react in the situation they've been through.

You racist pig.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
Bullhonkey... The earth is rather large, and diffuses the radiation long before reaching the US.

Greetings:

Couldn't help but notice your rather provacative attitude and interesting line to hang your hat on, buddy.

You do, of course have sources, links, references - you know - the stuff ATS is made of - to back your statements?

Or is it all Bullhonkey?

Let's start with how much radiation that you are inferring is being diffused "long before" reaching America.

Is that then, or do your figures take into consideration the fact that in one day from today, it will be TWO YEARS of 24/7/365 radioactive particles spewing from Fukushima.

And what exactly is your definition of 'radiation'?

"Long before" is how many miles from San Francisco today?

Have you taken into consideration the prevailing winds and the ocean currents in your prognostications?

Are Alaska and the Aleutian Islands part of the U.S. in your grandiose statement?

What about the 200 kilograms (low estimate) of (MOX) plutonium vaporized when Reactor 3 blew up?

Are you really saying NO radiation/fallout has reached America from the triple melt-throughs at Fukushima Dai-ichi?

We, the people, would really like to know the truth, if you care share your version, and we invite you to also share your wisdom here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for your time, consideration and participation. We look forward to your response.

tfw

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I was reading yesterday that 50% of Fukushima children now have Thyroid issues and it will only continue to get worse. It's more upsetting that the government doesn't seem to care and keeps down playing everything.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
There seems to be a growing increase in detection's of certain possible radiation related problems from the children from the fukushima disaster.

Thyroid lumps detected in children in Fukushima Prefecture, home to the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, appear at almost the same rate as in children from three other prefectures, according to the Environment Ministry. In the survey, a total of 4,365 people aged between 3 and 18 in the three prefectures of Aomori, Yamanashi and Nagasaki underwent the same ultrasound examination being performed on children in Fukushima. The survey, conducted from November last year, found that 2,469 of them, or 56.6 percent, have lumps measuring 5 millimeters or smaller, or cysts of 20 millimeters or smaller in their thyroid glands in a status known as A2, the ministry said in a preliminary report Friday. Forty-four, or 1 percent, are in status B, having larger lumps or cysts that require further examination, the report said. No lumps or cysts were found in the remaining 1,852 children, it added. The survey examined children in Hirosaki, Aomori Prefecture; Kofu, Yamanashi Prefecture; and Nagasaki. Meanwhile, ultrasounds are being conducted by the Fukushima prefectural government on residents in the prefecture from newborns to those who were 18 years old at the outbreak of the crisis at Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s Fukushima plant. The results of the tests were available for about 130,000 people as of January, with the proportion of those classified as A2 and B coming to 41.2 percent and 0.6 percent, respectively. The ministry believes the figures were lower in Fukushima than in the other prefectures because the data in Fukushima covered children from newborns to the age of 2. The Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant has released a massive amount of radioactive substances, including iodine, after being damaged in the Great East Japan Earthquake and tsunami in March 2011. Radioactive iodine tends to accumulate in the thyroid gland.
That quote has some problems. It says:

"The ministry believes the figures were lower in Fukushima than in the other prefectures because the data in Fukushima covered children from newborns to the age of 2. "

OK, so how much lower? My interpretation is that they are giving the figure of "56.6 percent" type A2 in Fukushima prefecture, and "41.2 percent" Type A2 overall, including the surrounding prefectures.

56.6% is not lower than 41.2% so I can't make any sense out of that statement about the figures being lower in Fukushima. They type B rate is also higher in Fukushima prefecture at 1%, versus 0.6% overall, so that doesn't explain the contradiction either.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom

We already went through this last year man. You agreed that you were fear mongering.

Greetings nomnom:

Since you just registered, how could we have 'gone through this' last year?

Or were you fortuitously tossed and have now come back to continue your trolling under another moniker?

Carp like this has no place on ATS:

"Until then, take your "don't believe in geiger counters" remark, and shove it where the sun don't shine, you fear mongering dimwit."

It seems to reflect a certain lack of quality upbringing and a penchant for externalizing a lack of self-respect.

We have never agreed that we were fear mongering, anytime, anywhere, as we merely provide information that may not be so readily available elsewhere for people to make up their own minds. As the accuser, please provide any information you may have to the contrary.

We sincerely respect your viewpoint and wish to continue this spirited discourse and look forward to your fact-based response to the above.

Thank you for your time and consideration and, most importantly, your participation.

tfw

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I retired my account and decided to come out fresh.

Not a troller. I'm calling you out as a fearmonger who is doing this for shiz and giggles. You admitted this in PM last year. You said it quite clearly that you realize you're lying to get attention. Considering the ramifications of lying on this specific topic, yes it's fearmongering.

Quit your nonsense.

It's pathetic.

edit on 11-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join