It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabby Giffords Husband Espied Purchasing an AR 15

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by ColoradoJens

It's so funny when people who have a problem deflect it on others.

Why are you so intent on protecting him?

My point is, just because he said he was doing this to prove a point doesn't mean it's a true story, in my opinion he is just covering his butt.

He bought two guns, after the news story was published, he told this tale and turned the gun over. But he kept the pistol he bought.

Marinate on that a while.

And I am not a dude.

Your opinion as you say. So you have no idea, just your opinion. Thanks for clarifying, chica.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

And it is only your opinion that he is telling the truth.....back at ya, dude.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

And you have nothing to say about what happened with the other gun?

Don't care anyway, defend it however you want.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

And it is only your opinion that he is telling the truth.....back at ya, dude.

Cracks me up. What was your point in the preceeding page of this thread? You are SOOOOO sure of your point. I said I might be wrong but it was strange in the least...buying a handgun and buying an AR-15 are different - according to this ex-navy pilot's congressional testimony. You have no clue what the intent was but you sure are hell bent in KNOWING what it was. I have no clue what it was. Simply put, more often than not what you describe is NOT the truth - pedophiles and anti whore folks doing what they said was bad - but yes, of course, in this case you MUST be right. Sad because you seem smart that you would demand that angle.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

What is so different about buying an ar 15 or a pistol if they are both legal to purchase in the state he was in?

You are not making sense.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
What is so stupid about this whole thing which I guess I didn't make clear, is that a gun is a gun.

We have a right to them and making all these ridiculous distinctions isn't going to do anything to stop criminals from killing people.

Leave law abiding people alone and go after the criminals.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

If he were really brave and really wanted to make a point; he'd try to buy a 32 oz. soda in New York.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

What is so different about buying an ar 15 or a pistol if they are both legal to purchase in the state he was in?

You are not making sense.

I made perfect sense. If you have an issue with the difference, take it up with Giffords. He is the one stating publicly there SHOULD be a difference. Did you read my post? I specifically said according to his congressional testimony HE thinks there is a difference. I never did.

CJ
edit on 10-3-2013 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If he were really brave and really wanted to make a point; he'd try to buy a 32 oz. soda in New York.

I don't think that is possible. The store owner would get busted for selling it.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I don't think that is possible. The store owner would get busted for selling it.

CJ

This is why I am reluctant to return to America.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

CJ

This is why I am reluctant to return to America.

Understood. Crazy place these days.

CJ

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

This should go in the "Progressive Hypocrisy" section, but I suppose if that section did exist, it would be so full that ATS would probably need to dedicate an entire cloud storage system to just that one topic. So he is helping to save the children by buying one gun at a time... how honorable of him. This is just like the politicians that buy hookers, you know, to get them off the street and into a nice, warm bed for the night... how selfless and philanthropic of them to do such a thing.

So he supposedly did this to show how weak the background check system is?? He's a freaking Astronaut... which means that he has a flawless criminal record, a very high security clearance, and is basically the epitome of a law abiding, responsible citizen. So how is it that he is surprised at the fact that he was able to purchase the AR-15? Used or new... all gun purchases are treated the same at a gun store. The purchase of an AR-15 does require a bit more from the potential buyer than needed to buy the .45 that he also bought. You need two forms of ID for the AR... like a Passport for the second form of ID. It seems to me that the background check system worked fine in this case, and he is only hurting his argument by proving it.
edit on 10-3-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

edit on 10-3-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Love this comment on Mark Kelly's FB page -

Hand caught in the cookie jar. Remember everyone, its OK for the elite to own such things, but us dumb rednecks shouldn't be allowed. I love it when snug little buttholes like this get caught.

Hypocrites, all of em!!!

www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Simply put......If Gabby Gifford's husband sees fit to purchase an AR 15, then everyone and anyone likewise should see fit to own and operate an AR 15.

Regardless of what Diane Feinstein says about the AR 15, Gabby Gifford's husband purchased one. Give me a good reason you shouldn't purchase an AR 15?

Ever since Giffords and Breakdance Obama began their tirades against guns, using the AR 15 as the poster child of all they perceive as evil about the Second Amendment (and the Constitution in general)....sales of AR 15s have gone through the roof.

In Brazil, an AR 15 is going for as high as thirty thousand dollars. That's how much in demand they are.

In America, we can either purchase an AR 15....once the manufacturers catch up with the backlog of order demands....or we can make our own AR 15s.......which a lot of individuals are doing.

If Gabby Gifford's husband saw fit to purchase an AR 15...then it must be one helluva quality weapon that everyone and anyone should consider owning and operating.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I'm truly surprised he didn't blame it on his "evil" twin - Scott Kelly.

en.wikipedia.org...(astronaut)
edit on 10-3-2013 by NightFlight because: Put in sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't know their stance fully on this topic but don't they support the second ammendment but only want harsher background checks? You guys are making them out to be gun hating hippies but they actually support having guns. they just want it to be harder for the 'crazy' people to get one.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by supernova56

Here's a video and a byline or two to help you understand.......the beat goes on....

Busted. Gabby Giffords’ Husband Spews Anti-Assault Weapon Rhetoric Then Caught Buying an AR-15

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

Once busted, busted for good. Who knows what Mark Kelly is going to say next. He now claims he won't pick the AR 15 up from the gun shop.

So, that means there's a paid-for AR 15 sitting in a gun shop waiting for someone to claim the beauty?

I'm absolutely positive said AR 15 would not have any trouble finding a home.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
"I ain't afraid to love a man. I ain't afraid to shoot him either."
- ANNIE OAKLEY, 1881

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join