It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporters Fired For Exposing U.S. Milk Contamination & MONSANTO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

"Did enough studying on milk to know that this is true. Pasteurization and Homogenization also take a lot of the good out of milk. If you use their false ways of evaluating nutrition than their evidence makes everything look right. That doesn't mean I have to believe what they say though, I see how they formed the nutrition guidelines, excluding anything that gets in their way. "

I didn't need to do any research on milk (even though I did). All I had to do was watch the news starting years ago to know that things less than desirable are put into our foods. So what's with the milk thread? This one isolated scenario? Are you not hearing me? Media "spills the beans" on many corporations who use strange things in their food. Why this time, is it covered up? Like I said, I can't name ONE corporation in the news who hasn't been mentioned having done this. Mcdonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell... to name a few..

And ALL of these are big enough, if a milk company is, to buy out the news. So why didn't they? Why was some milk company able to do this that I've hardly even heard about?

In fact, let me tell you, not only did they fail to buy out the news, they failed to keep me uninformed. Once I heard about these things FROM main stream media, then I went and did research myself on it, to find out it was true. And main stream media is the first place I heard about it! So, if the main stream media hadn't told me, then I wouldn't have found out about it. Doesn't sound like a very good job at covering things up.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by soobie

These big corporations and organizations don't even care about covering it up anymore, they think they have finally got us over a barrel and we can't do anything about it. They own the government now and most laws are made in their favor. What can we do, they control all the food now. They can shut down everything.

The few little farmers that exist can't supply the country. We are at their mercy.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

""""""Did enough studying on milk to know that this is true. Pasteurization and Homogenization also take a lot of the good out of milk. If you use their false ways of evaluating nutrition than their evidence makes everything look right. That doesn't mean I have to believe what they say though, I see how they formed the nutrition guidelines, excluding anything that gets in their way. """""""

Thank you for the information by the way, but none of this is new. Everyone and their grandma and her neighbor knows about the pasteurization, homogenization, and chemicals put into the food. We know they're *really* bad for us.

But what happens when you come home one night after running for your life all the way home after you miraculously escaped from being held at gun point? and you're glad for your life, and starving?

You find a Nestle or a Snicker's bar that you had forgotten that you bought because who remembers those kinds of things considering out ungrateful we are, who remembers them until you realize how special they are...

you open it up, eat it, and think of how amazingly delicious it is. No regard to what may or may not be in it.
Same example applies to a third world country person starving, or anyone *actually* starving. Just tastes like
delicious wonderful food, and I *bet* you they'd be more than grateful for the same milk you're trying to "expose".

My point? It's just food. When it's not food any longer, YOU will know it. You won't need studies, I promise you.

We are all (I have to a bit of insulting here) so fat and lazy and our immune systems so unconditioned to take out even a little bit of garbage in the diet, that you run screaming and crying when there's a few too many chemicals in the food. If you DID something other than focus on such 'inconveniences' then your bodies would be well capable to fight this off.

What about the fact that there are people all over the world who don't get to live to see tomorrow?

With all that said, yes, there are cancer causing chemicals in food. This has been known for years. Elder persons and disabled can't exercise or defend themselves against these carcinogens, and it leads to cancer. The rest of you don't have an excuse. For the elderly/disabled, then something should be done about it.

But, again, the question is asked... why this, why now... why milk? We've known this for years. It's not even a conspiracy.
If you want to make a REAL difference, or even begin to, try compiling ALL the evidence for ALL inconsistencies and immorality of food companies or as much as you can into ONE thread. This individual milk thing/thread does nothing, it is one of the many "chemicals found in food" threads/new stories.

So, OP, if YOU really care. Instead of being lazy and sitting behind the computer while digesting the pesticides in your own food, why don't you do something instead of relying on other's to come to a conclusion that is only going to be the same conclusion. The conclusion that YOU, the OP, need to do a lot more if you wish to make a change. Stirring up some folks here on a specific example isn't going to do you any good, and I hope you reached that conclusion by now, if you didn't already know it.
In fact, how could you not know such a small, typical example of "chemicals in food" would achieve you no motivation or real response?

Bad thread? Just writing to write? Helpin fill up some space on ATS? Or is there more to this?

Again, this all smells. Like what? Rotten milk, but not the kind you came here hoping to see.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

"These big corporations and organizations don't even care about covering it up anymore, they think they have finally got us over a barrel and we can't do anything about it. They own the government now and most laws are made in their favor. What can we do, they control all the food now. They can shut down everything.

The few little farmers that exist can't supply the country. We are at their mercy. "

Ahah! You've hit the nail on the head of which I had set in the board for you hours ago.

Exactly, WHY would the corporations care anymore? With all the press releases of the exact same thing from even bigger companies, from the SAME media news outlets (oh but with much more revealing detail on the other stories, why not this one)?

You're starting to get at what I'm getting at.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

edit on 9-3-2013 by soobie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Here is an url I found that you people will like:

www.notmilk.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Covered already or not, I say This should be seen by all.

But, by this stage of the game most will not be surprised.

The thing that confuses me most, how is it not illegal for media to intentionally broadcast inaccurate information when...
The health of every citizen may be at risk?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
For what I know, all machine processed milk is bad.

This is because the heating of the milk during the pasteurization (UHT) process is too hot, and effectively oxidizes the milk, making the end product bad for you. This is a similar problem for processed foods containing hydrogenated fats such as margarine etc.

It's perfectly fine to boil your fresh milk from your animal, just try to keep the temperature around ~97c.

Milk Oxidation - National Institute of Health

Abstract
During thermal milk processing, severe oxidation can occur, which alters the technological and physiological properties of the milk proteins. Due to differences in composition and physicochemical properties, it can be expected that the particular milk proteins are differently affected by oxidative damage. Therefore, the protein-specific distribution of oxidation products in the heated milk proteome was investigated. Raw and heated milk samples were separated by one-dimensional gel electrophoresis.

So in other words, unless you know the source of your milk, it probably isn't healthy for you.
edit on 9-3-2013 by Philippines because: Added UHT - Ultra heat treatment

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I hope this gets people to stop drinking non organic milk. Most have been drinking it their whole life. Its hard to give something up you have been consuming your whole life but at what risk? Think of the implications. Food can make your personality. It can make you docile or it can make you fell good. Pay attention to how it makes you fell. Do a experiment, only eat healthy non processed organic food for a week. The next week go back to the diet you wear eating. Take note on how you fell emotionally, mentally and physically before and after you eat junk.

I would go one step further to RAW MILK if you want healthy food. Pasteurization kills most of the beneficial components of milk, any food really.

Pasteurization did serve a purpose - one that allowed badly handled milk from sick cows to go to market. When the cows are healthy, eat healthy organic fodder (not GMO grains), and not living in their own waste there is no need to pasteurize.

Try this test - 1 cup raw organic or not milk - 1 cup organic pasteruized milk: Leave both unrefrigerated for a week and smell.
The raw milk will be sour but the organic will be putrid. Sour milk is still a very wholesome food. While I don't care for sour milk, it's good for baking, dogs love it, and it can be used as an organic fertilizer in the garden. Raw milk is never wasted.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by soobie

It sounds like you're under the impression that everyone is aware of the problems with processed food. But many people DON'T know, that's the problem.You keep saying "WE", but you can't speak for everyone. Many people I talk with had no idea that milk was bad for them.

Now, I know you could easily say "well there's no excuse for that because in this day and age the knowledge is literally at your fingertips," or something to that effect. But where does that knowledge come from? Information doesn't just appear out of thin air, someone has to give it in order for you to receive it, whether that's by an article, a video, or a thread on a conspiracy site. So why would you have a problem with someone making a thread to spread awareness about 1) the chemicals in milk, and 2) the fact that corporations try to cover up reports that make them look bad?

I know you have a problem with the reporters in the video, but really, who cares? They are just a vehicle for getting the story told. Similar stories probably happen all over the place, you don't have to focus on that part.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm glad this was reposted, because I hadn't seen it before.

I'm finding that IRL, NO ONE CARES. No one wants to know. They are irritated if you bring it up.

I'm educating my kids, and it's all I can do.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I'm glad this was reposted, because I hadn't seen it before.

I'm finding that IRL, NO ONE CARES. No one wants to know. They are irritated if you bring it up.

I'm educating my kids, and it's all I can do.

Yep, and that's why nothing will change until attitudes change, and that "change" necessary would be ugly. People are too distracted and brainwashed to not even know what food/pills they are taking, only that a doctor or friend told them to ingest it.

Glad you're awake =)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by soobie
reply to post by XLR8R

LOLOLOLOLOL No.... Just no...

What, did their 450 thousand dollar settlement run out? Is that why they're at it again, trying scam for more money?

A) What does it show about their intelligence if they went to go work for FOX NEWS TO BEGIN WITH. Are you telling me this is the FIRST news story they ever that they thought was covered up/lied about on Fox? Even before working for them?

B) Why is no real info displayed on the Milk people's behalf, no explanation of why they use the chemicals, or what the chemical is... my milk tastes fine, makes me feel fine. Yea, it's a bit chemically, but so is everything.
It's animal bi-product!!!! They have to mass produce this stuff, to MILLIONS of people every day. With the amount of need expanding so does the amount of COWS. It is costly, more costly than reasonable, to come up with quicker methods to make sure the product doesn't have even WORSE things in it. Sure, it might have a pesticide type chemically taste to it, but at least it doesn't have who knows what else in it.

C) The reporters GO INTO JOURNALISM, meaning they had to STUDY JOURNALISM, meaning they also know that FOX KNEWS HAS THE LEGAL RIGHT TO LIE. Yet, they still accepted the offer of joining the Fox Crew. This is a case of bitterness, more bitter than a gallon of rotten milk I had forgot I had left in a bottom shelf of my fridge last week. The only stories we hear about the Fox Higher ups are coming from THEIR angle. Not that Fox aren't liars, but once again who is more crooked, those who own the company or those who sign a contract so they can do their bidding for them? Right. This is a case of SOUR MILK from being fired.

D) Even IF the case was thrown out because Fox has the right to, for the most part, spread bogus stories, the S would have still hit the F on the milk company had the real info come out in a court room about their practices, and it DIDN'T. That milk company is still going strong.

I'm tellin ya, I don't trust MSM but I definitely don't trust these two cats.

Anyone smell the rotten milk behind this story?

i don't trust you. you are trying overwhelmingly hard to discredit them. I do not care that there are billions of people in the world that need milk. we can achieve it without monsanto.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I knew about the milk being contaminated but this thread affected me even more. I used to drink milk ALOT but it's expensive now so I don't buy it as much.

The media has scared me about raw, unpastuerized milk, and that it can make people sick, so I have hesitated. I would like to make the switch but how do I do it? Go to a farmer's market? Health food store? Will it taste different?

Can anyone answer these questions for me?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
S & F

No white mustache, tho

Moo

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The US Milk problem started long before Monsanto ever existed.

America started importing powdered milk in the early 1980's.......from 3rd world countries.

3rd World countries take their milk and boil the water out....cheaper to ship to America as a powder.

After all our nuclear tests and dioxin pollution every blade of grass in America became toxic. Cows ate the grass...and the body naturally puts dioxins with fat cells to get the toxin away from organs. Cows happen to have lots of fat in their milk....and that's where the toxin accumulates.

That's why 99% of America's Dairy Farms were shut down....and Congress started importing powdered milk from 3rd world countries.

The milk you drink ain't from America. They are mixing that imported powdered milk with a little bit of the real milk still being farmed here...."waters down" the pollutants-toxins.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is BIG news. Maybe it's not new news. I don't recall seeing this story before so anyway/how whatever, more people need to know. This is so important, maybe there ought to be some alarm so that threads regarding our awareness about obvious "health implications" (See CANCER) topics can be revived every so often for those who might have missed it prior.

So now my rant, you can't trust any food(s) you didn't grow or harvest yourself or at least personally check with the grower about. I see so many posts about "oh, in my town there's a little farmers market where the food is so fresh...." Just because it's sold outside the walls of a namebrand store DOESN'T mean it is safe! I live smack dab in the middle of a farming community. Kids are outside selling ears of sweet corn in the summer to make a buck. Yeah, it might be fresher but it is no more safe to eat than the ears of corn or cans of corn in any grocery store. People seem to think fresh is safer. It ISN'T. In fact, it might even be worse. You're also getting 'fresh' pesticides, herbicides and whatever other 'cides they want to throw in. Buy Organic, grow your own, if at all possible. I think all our diseases are related to the foods we eat. And by golly, it's tough to really live an organic life, especialy in places where the weather is not exactly the most inducive for gardening. Not everyone can grow a complete stock of organic foods. Or raise your animals on organic foods. But DO THE BEST YOU CAN. Some people have the attitude that if I can't do any of it, I will just give up, screw it, I'm contaminated already. Every little bit helps.

I hope they (Mods) at least don't close this thread. I haven't looked at the others but it's nice to get new feedback and opinions on topics.

And shame, shame, shame on Fox, Belo Corp, Medla General, Gannett Co Inc, Post Newsweek, Cox …., New World Communications of Tampa, Inc DBA WTVT-TV and all the other MSM that sided with the evil Monsanto. Shame on them all. Greed is a very powerful motivator and a very great evil.

edit on 10-3-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Methinks this "Soobie" character should punch out his time card and give it a break. Useless dribble. Why on earth would anyone in their right mind defend Monsanto or their practices. He keeps saying "something smells rotten." That much we agree on.
edit on 3/10/2013 by be4ne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I believe this is the same story that lead to the Florida Supreme Court ruling that Fox News was not required to "tell the truth" -- and they could fire Reporters for having integrity and standing by a story as "trouble makers". It was this same report about BGH that made me decide to move our family off of milk -- we don't buy it anymore. It's almond milk until such time as we find junk in that, which would not surprise me.

We can't be sure about the butter, cream and other sources of dairy -- we just cross our fingers.

The poor have to eat all the franken foods and lap up the pink slime and whatever is deemed "fit" by people in the FDA and other organizations who will retire to very cushy and highly paid lobbying jobs for the industries they are regulating now. It's called the revolving door and it means that these organizations that once protected us, are now stooges for the industries -- they stand between them and your lawsuit. "We have the FDA stamp of approval" means nothing anymore.

I know we've covered this exact story before -- but it's a good reminder. Seeing a video where people express what went on brings it home a bit clearer. And watching "Roger Ailes" show up at the top of that legal brief should let everyone know how "Fixed" our news is. It is driven by the advertisers -- kind of a protection racket. Large companies aren't just doing commercials for brand recognition -- what with people skipping by them on TiVo -- no, they give lots of money so they don't become part of the news. And the worst corporations own the news agencies.

That's why when it's "sweeps week" they do exposes on lazy or slightly corrupt government workers standing around, or that car mechanic who used an old part but charged you for a new one -- yeah, heard hitting, world shaking stuff. Reporters can only report on little companies who have not "paid up" on the protection racket.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join