It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Golden Dawning Greece, Channel 4 investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Greece's neo-Nazi Golden Dawn is increasingly influential among members of the country's political mainstream. Student Konstantinos Georgousis filmed party members on the streets of Athens.ational Film and Television School student Konstantinos Georgousis spent a month with the organisation last summer, as Greece hovered on the abyss, for his documentary film The Cleaners.Writing about his experience of making the film, Mr Georgousis says: "I walked through every nook and cranny in the centre of Athens to find these Golden Dawn members.

This was a report on British TV the other night on the Golden Dawn in Greece. Some may find scenes in the video shocking. I thought it was pretty scary, especially the way they talk about immigrants.basically echoing nazi rhetoric.
edit on 8-3-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Someone should investigate why there is no OP?

Second line arrives right on schedule, screeching to a halt amid the chaos and utter confusion that is this thread.

Edit : the OP mysteriously appears as if from no where ......
edit on 8-3-2013 by MisterMiyagi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Good spot. I'll look for it on 4 OD when I get in from work.

It almost seems like the Greeks are being pushed into the arms of the far right by the international bankers. There's only so much people can take before they snap and withdraw from the community that is making their lives so hard.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Hard to believe the Behavior from what was considered the first Civilized Empire.

If those men in the Film are in Leadership Roles within Golden Dawn, Greece has Bigger Problems than Financial.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

We saw it in Germany after ww1 and we are seeing it here in Greece.
I watched the programme when it was on lets just hope they do not get a majority in the Greek Government.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
When people are struggling to survive in their home nation, where they had previously lived adequately if not comfortably then they are easily manipulated by those that claim to have the solutions to their financial heartache. As the ordinary citizens gaze around looking for someone or something to blame it's easy for racist organisations like the one in the video to blame the "incomers" to suit their own hate filled agenda.

This seems to be what is going on in Greece if this video is a fair representation of the mood of the country.

So sad to see but I can't say I'm surprised and until or unless things improve dramatically for the general population of the troubled country then I'm sorry to say that racism and other hate crimes will only increase.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well what do you people honestly want from them? They see it this way, things were better when they controlled their own destiny, and with multicultural EU things are hell. And they are not the only country making this turn, Others are starting to get fed up with becoming second class citizens in the very lands where their ancestors blood lays within the soil.

The Greeks got on well till the EU came around. They worked, payed taxes, and could retire. Now immigrants undercut them for jobs, bankrupt the social net, and push out Greek culture. Then those responsible smear them in the press calling them lazy or entitled, etc...

Don't blame them for this, blame the 1% that is destroying the world and telling you it's "progress".

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I saw this report when it was on C4 the other day and was absolutely stunned. It was quite a lengthy report and showed a different side to Greece than what I had ever expected. I don't know how they feel about tourists but with a holiday already booked to Greece and not being white or Greek, I have to say it has put me off somewhat.

However, putting it into perspective, I would like to think that the Golden Dawn followers are a minority despite them looking like out and out neo-Nazis. We have the EDL and BNP etc in the UK but none of them seem to have such big followings.

All the Greeks I have met in the past have been very friendly and welcoming and I hope that this group as well as the struggle they are currently facing doesn't change that.
edit on 8-3-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join