It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samira Ibrahim 'Refuses to Apologize' For Her Tweets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The scariest thing is..... Our current Government probably didn't think her comments were "extreme" in the first place. She would have fit right in with President Obama in his College leftist days.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
She can be against and disagree with any government or political system - without wishing people dead. She's a fundamentalist idiot.

I wouldn't deny her the award, i would however treat her like a potential terrorist (you never know) when she enters USA, lock her up, check everything, interrogate and then hand over the award on her way back.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just another (of many) example of how inept the Obama state department truly is.
Nobody there bothered to vet this woman before this news came out. Sloppy...and sad.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
They refused a courage award? She's clearly shown more courage than anyone who just cowers to American pressure.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
She's clearly shown more courage than anyone who just cowers to American pressure.

Very courageous indeed

* types i hate you all on twitter * clicks enter *

* it wasn't me*

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There is no hypocrisy at all. I think it is over reaching to try to call it that. The award may be self serving, but one could also argue that it was further serving whoever it is she is serving now. Presumably women, as that is what the award is for. It is a piece that further legitimizes her.

Unfortunately, this whole debacle will legitimize her within the wrong circle in her native land. We have only made her stronger as an extremist, if she chooses to leverage this.

In any event, two or three statements? Everyone has a bad day. And the internet is a place for all of us to occasionally act like asses. To get all riled up over this is just simply a waste of your emotional effort.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

Originally posted by SilentKoala
She's clearly shown more courage than anyone who just cowers to American pressure.

Very courageous indeed

* types i hate you all on twitter * clicks enter *

* it wasn't me*

That is such a mischaracterization of what the courage referenced is that it is actually a falsehood. A lie.

A woman in Egypt that is speaking her mind on behalf of women. And you don't see this as courageous? Your must be one bad S.O.B. if you scoff at that.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
I wouldn't take an award from the US government if I was given one.

I don't think you should be worrying about receiving any awards

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
There is no hypocrisy at all. I think it is over reaching to try to call it that. The award may be self serving, but one could also argue that it was further serving whoever it is she is serving now. Presumably women, as that is what the award is for. It is a piece that further legitimizes her.

Unfortunately, this whole debacle will legitimize her within the wrong circle in her native land. We have only made her stronger as an extremist, if she chooses to leverage this.

In any event, two or three statements? Everyone has a bad day. And the internet is a place for all of us to occasionally act like asses. To get all riled up over this is just simply a waste of your emotional effort.

If I make statements supporting the butchery of civilians, yeah, I might have had a bad day, but I sure as frig wouldn't be expecting some international award- she wasn't advancing the "rights" of women caught in any of those atrocities she was flicking her bean over

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

No she wasn't. But, how many comments were made that WERE?

Zero sum thinking has no place in intelligent discourse. Those three comments make her a little more gray, but certainly not black.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join