It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carrying A Condom As A Woman In NYC Might Get You Locked Up!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

That is just ridiculous. I am so glad I don't live in the prison that is NYC. I wonder how long it will be before they close the bridges and put up a wall. Where is Kurt Russell when you need him?

Besides, how is dressing provocatively a crime? Since when does that amount to probable cause to search a person? She should be hiring a lawyer. I would be...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I was pointing out that the basis of the article removes the other aspects from the story. Primarily, that she was standing around (loitering), dressed provocatively, chatting up a guy, all while she was supposedly having an asthma attack and heading to the hospital.

As a refresher course, for the uninitiated, prostitutes stand around, loitering. They dress provocatively. They chat up people. And they carry condoms.

The policeman, doing his job, thought she fit the bill

Unfortunately, he was wrong. More so, there are far better ways to utilize the police force than stopping prostitutes.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

As a refresher course, for the uninitiated, prostitutes stand around, loitering. They dress provocatively. They chat up people. And they carry condoms.

Four different acts. One may be a crime (loitering), but it is a misdemeanor.

The police see all three and charge someone with 'loitering for the purpose of prostitution'. If a person does not commit the crime of prostitution, how can a person be guilty of loitering for that purpose?
Can the police arrest anyone that takes a photo near a bank, because it is possible that they are casing the place to rob it?

Can they pull you over for speeding when you are going less than the speed limit, just because your car has racing stripes?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Crakeur

Four different acts. One may be a crime (loitering), but it is a misdemeanor.

The police see all three and charge someone with 'loitering for the purpose of prostitution'. If a person does not commit the crime of prostitution, how can a person be guilty of loitering for that purpose?
Can the police arrest anyone that takes a photo near a bank, because it is possible that they are casing the place to rob it?

Can they pull you over for speeding when you are going less than the speed limit, just because your car has racing stripes?

I wonder if the practice was started in the hopes of saving s many of the young girls pushed into prostitution either by being homeless and in need, forced by someone or because of drugs, I think this number is a large one.

Prostitution in itself should not be a crime, what you own you should be able to sell. Unfortunately the intervention of drug dealers and gangsters and the helplessness of young women even the slave trade that is growing make it necessary to form laws.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by happykat39

I was pointing out that the basis of the article removes the other aspects from the story. Primarily, that she was standing around (loitering), dressed provocatively, chatting up a guy, all while she was supposedly having an asthma attack and heading to the hospital.

The policeman, doing his job, thought she fit the bill

Unfortunately, he was wrong. More so, there are far better ways to utilize the police force than stopping prostitutes.

I am always of the opinion that it there is a law it should be enforced...strongly...if not get rid of the law.

We certainly have a lot of laws that could be removed, thousands of them.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What is the Point of Visiting or Living in New York City ?

None !

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
New York, especially New York City, is one of the testing grounds for a lot of the draconic, militaristic ideologies propagated by politicians. That's really sad, because I absolutely love NYC and the state of NY, but it's clear that bad things are coming down from the police force, to politicians, to various agencies.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

agreed. in countries where prostitution is legalized, they don't have the issues that we have which basically amount to sexual slavery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join