It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every wage earner over 18 must pay a $35 tax to the city of Portland

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fuzzydreads
reply to post by James1982

The problem isn't "liberal nut cases"
The problem isn't "conservative nut cases"
The problem is nut cases.

While I don't agree with the tax either, it's not about political party labels. People from all parties do stupid things.

Well, if the nut cases causing trouble are liberal, then liberal nut cases are the problem. If it's conservative nut cases causing problems, then they too are a problem. Currently in my location it's Liberal cut cases that are the problem. I even said I don't want conservative nut cases in my state either.

So basically we are on the same page lol. Partisanship is just an illusion, but if you call yourself a liberal, and cause me problems, then I have no problem saying "stop giving me grief you liberal!"

It's simply a more precise description of whomever the nut case happens to be. lol

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

hehe

The show is actually pretty accurate at showing how a decent sized number of the people here are... You don't even need to pay for a movie ticket, just drive around downtown or Hawthorne and you'll get more entertainment than you'd imagine.

There are a lot of fun, truly open minded people here, and I really like that. However you also have the environazis, femminazis, and just general jackassery. The type of people like the two women book store on Portlandia, who are totally over the top a-holes who think they are somehow being victimized by people and take offense to everything. Those people make me want to leave, but the crazy fun people make me want to stay.

<< 1  2   >>

join