It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops advise making ‘noise,’ ‘scream,’ use bleach to ward off home invasions [VIDEO]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
......another gun thread..... or self protection thread, but it's important to keep this issue active.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think once you choose to fight, you've entered a fight for your life ...whether you realize it or not. You or the bad guy are dying that day...or the cops MAY get there in time to prevent it. If one of you doesn't die, it'll be because YOU chose to be a decent human being and not finish it .....not likely by the criminal deciding that way while in the same end position.

My advice without a gun is simply. You are GOING TO DIE if you don't fight like it. If you're alone... fine...but most of us have families. If you fall...THEY DIE TOO. Better assume it, because it happens enough to be reasonable there and assuming otherwise is foolish, IMO.

So what do you do? Well screaming inside your OWN home? What does that accomplish? How long would you need to scream..even late at night...before a neighbor even cared enough to call a noise complaint? Most places would never see anyone actually HELP.

Bleach isn't bad...but don't miss or get it wrong. If I were a criminal and got splashed with bleach that DID NOT get my eyes .......it would be a HORRIBLE retribution which would come to the one who threw it, as I realized what the attempt and intent had been ...and I'm not as naturally vicious as most criminals.

What TO DO? Fight for your life. EVERY house has knives. I have 3 sitting within view of where I sit and two of them are kitchen type from breakfast. All 3 are lethal without much effort. If no weapon at all?? Well... this is icky and disgusting and many people die before getting over that icky factor....but live or die? is it worth it?

What I'm talking about is killing by any means necessary. The throat takes a few pounds of pressure per square inch to rip open like a birthday gift. The trick is getting a GOOD cutting hold up on the side of the neck and then tear and pull as if it were ANYTHING but what it really is..... thinking of what you're doing will cause hesitation and fail ..which will be death. Eyes take even less to destroy and one may be surprised at how quickly and easy that really is to do. genitals are another and I don't mean to "hurt". I mean to tear them off and show the guy his 'package' like a gift on a platter.

^^ All is horrible, sickening and downright barbaric. However...being killed is worse. Depends on the will to live, I guess.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I like the idea of making a lot of noise. That is why i disaprove of 7 round mags. It limits the noise you can make.

reluctantpawn

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree, if you are in that situation, you'll have to fight at all costs, The cops in this video have weak solutions for survival, and they wouldn't care if you died or not, they are giving some BS methods of survival though..

Perhaps the would like to fight crime with only making noises, and throwing bleach on the criminals, I'd like to see how well that worked out.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

That's all I got for this.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
These methods are the counter stones of self defense. If you learn self defense one of the first things you will be taught is to yell/scream during a potential attack to bring attention to the attack and try to avoid physical conflict, you will also be taught to scream/yell "during" a conflict if it occurs, it not only distracts your attacker more, but also helps you release more energy into your blows, so you can then defend yourself be it palm heels to the face/kicks to shins etc. so you can then run away from said attacker. These counter stones apply to any self defense.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Na....one of those powder fire extinguishers in the face should do the trick...and once the intruder is blind and choking to death, finish him/her off with the fat heavy end of the extinguisher...

see, all you need is some imagination...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wrabbit2000 is correct. Once you engage in combat, it's life or death. There are no refs, and the round doesn't end after 5 minutes. But remember, even if you don't have a gun, nearly anything can be a weapon. A simple ink pen can be stabbed into the eyes or throat. A solid knickknack on your bookshelf or even your laptop can be used to bludgeon. Hot coffee can be used to blind and burn. Just look around your home and imagine using various objects in a defense situation.

There are other things you can do for yourself ahead of time though. Place things around your home where you can get to them easily if you need them. Things like pepper spray, or a taser, or knives, or a solid MagLite with D cell batteries in it, etc....

Or..... you have to be willing to break laws, get a gun, keep it quiet, use it if necessary, and face the consequences after the incident. Getting a criminal record for simply defending your life is not easily digestible, but it beats being dead.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
To be honest with you , I would rather have a pump shotgun than an AR 15, the shotgun will do way more damage .If you put buckshot and some slugs shots in that bad boy, you definitely wont miss at close range and you can literally blow a persons head off. A slug at close range will kill a person with a bullet proof vest on, even if it doesn't penetrate the vest , it has enough force behind it to stop a persons heart. Better yet ,buy some frag 12's they look like regular shotgun shells but the have a small propelled grenade inside them, they will blow a person in half.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Fortunately, where I live, law enforcement doesn't have that stance, and that cop is stupid as hell for giving that advice. If he wasn't a cop, I wonder if he would scream like a 5 year old little girl and sling bleach, or would he do what he had to do to protect his family, and give the scumbag who invaded his home the business. Hypocrite. Chances are, if there is a home invasion, they won't be coming in without heat, so screaming and throwing bleach won't cut it. And it's not like the home invasion will be announced, and you'll be ready for 'em with a cup of bleach next to your recliner on the end table. Law Enforcement are not the only people that have a right to defend their homes and families against intruders. In a home invasion scenario, by the time your city's finest get there, all your sh!# is gone and you're probably dead. FTP, I know how to defend myself, and they are not here to protect us in the first place.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

until your attacker shoots you in the face, or stabs you in the chest, or catches you by surprise.

*shrug*

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Just another quick note on being creative.... Always research your idea before spending money on it. For example, in some states you cannot legally own any form of baton / club or brass knuckles or things like that. A collapsible baton is a felony in certain places and could get you a year in jail just for having it. Even in your own home.

However, there are lots of things out there that are perfectly legal to buy, own and keep. Just think outside the box a bit. A diver's spear gun without the tether will drop a horse at 20 feet, and it has prongs on the tip that will absolutely prevent it from being removed.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Wow... bleach... Im sure the home invaders will be stopped in their tracks at the prospect of their black ski masks turning pink

Oh wait... they wont be.

I bet a surprise flurry of hollow points and one of their partners in crime head getting blown off before they could react would make them think twice though.

Fricken idiot and/or shill cops in the video.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Thats funny.... The senario running through my head while reading.....

Me: I sense I'm about to be burgeled!
(bad guy kicks in door)
Bad guy: "Give me yo' shtuff."
(I go get bleach sometime in between me sensing burgler and my door being kicked in)
Me: "I have bleach and I will discolor your clothes if you take another goddamned step!!!"
Bad Guy: "Crap, I just bought this shirt......"
(bad guy runs away screaming)

60% of the time it works everytime....

On a serious note. It seemed that the cops were falling short of just going ahead and telling the truth. If someone wants your stuff, they are going to get it, unless you stop them. If you don't have the means to stop them you might as well put your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by eXia7

Wow... bleach... Im sure the home invaders will be stopped in their tracks at the prospect of their black ski masks turning pink

Oh wait... they wont be.

I bet a surprise flurry of hollow points and one of their partners in crime head getting blown off before they could react would make them think twice though.

Fricken idiot and/or shill cops in the video.

Perhaps I could dump water on them then throw flour in their face, surely that would buy me enough time to pummel my attacker with a pillow!
edit on 3/6/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I can see how making all the noise one can during a home invasion as being practical, one would hope that a neighbor with a gun is within ear-shot- and can be there in a pinch. Foil with a good neighbor close-by?

Hiding under the bed has been a good idea...
www.youtube.com...

Plus having a dog may serve as a deterrent?

edit on (3/6/1313 by loveguy because: wednesdays make my pillows softer

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Sources show statistically if you threaten an intruder with getting a real job and a life, it will thwart the attack, or you could threaten to tell his parents!

"Dont bleach mah shirt bro!"

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Right. I support guns and the use of guns.
Although the point of my post was to show that the Title of the thread, what the cops said, is ultimately right (and not everybody HAS guns and will THINK to grab them as a first instinct during home invasion) The point is to FIRST try to AVOID the conflict before it happens by thus drawing attention to it, and although a gun is useful, should be a last resortWe should not be wanting to shooting dead home intruders as a first protocol, we need to be trying to avoid contact with them as the FIRST measure, not initiate killing them as a first measure. You may save your OWN life by practicing avoidance.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Now someone needs to ask the police what they would do if a home invader came into their house. I guarantee not a one of them will suggest screaming and getting the bleach.

So double standard that it's sickening.

If someone comes uninvited into your home threatening your livelihood I suggest giving them lead poisoning. Illegally or not. Just as the police officer would.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

Point taken, it's important to try and avoid conflict at all costs, and like you said, yelling is a cornerstone of defense, but some of the other ideas they had were pretty dumb, such as locking yourself in a closet, or getting a dog.

Home invasions are a case by case scenario, it depends on who the intruder is.. does this person know you/your stuff, if so they could plan ahead on what they want to do. They could poison the dog a day or 2 before they commit the crime, and they could sneak in and catch you when you come in. Ultimately, people should plan for these scenarios if they live in high crime areas, purchase a nice pocket knife and keep it on you at all times, I do. It's practical, and has many uses other than defense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join