It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modular Teal campers and shelters hit the market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I liked this particular camper as it is light and affordable for weekend getaways (fishing, camping etc). It wouldn't require a gas guzzler to haul
Although a bit on the pricey side if you ask me.

The original idea behind the Teal camper was to make owning and using a camper more versatile and convenient. To reach this goal, Teal implemented a build-it-yourself, multi-panel design. Instead of taking up a big portion of the garage or driveway throughout the year, the Teal camper can be disassembled and stored neatly – the panels even nest together to minimize the space they take up. Teal's campers can be left empty and used to haul gear (e.g. dirt bikes or work equipment) or outfitted for mobile living. They're sized to fit standard trailers, creating a full camper that falls within the 1,000 pound (454 kg) tow limit of smaller vehicles.

SOURCE
IMAGES
COMPANY
edit on 5-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Wow. This was a great idea!

I can see them getting a share of the market with this camper, especially in a depressed economy. Better mileage when towing a lighter camper, they should be reasonably priced compared to conventional campers and you don't need a truck to pull it down the road.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Precisely. Hopefully they'll reduce the price in the near future once they expand their business and volume.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

This is great,I just have one question,where's the potty?
I saw where they have a sink,but no potty!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Good question. Did you check their website? I assumed it would be somehow accomodated.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by hp1229

This is great,I just have one question,where's the potty?
I saw where they have a sink,but no potty!

We think alike Mamabeth!

I checked the floorplans and sales website and it looks like it doesn't accomodate a potty.

When my husband & I purchased a camper I had 2 requirements, a potty & AC. I got both in a nice starcraft popup.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
DANG!. If not even on the optional features then its not worth it
Potty is a must.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I looked and didn't see any reference to a potty.
I can't see why they wouldn't offer an optional section with a potty. It would certainly increase their sales potential.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here ya go...a simple solution to the no potty problem....The Bumper Dumper....

Hunting, fishing, camping, and off road !
Outdoor enthusiasts, construction sites, travel, and more. Use it on the coast or the plains, the mountains or the hills.

introducing the original

BUMPER DUMPER®
U.S. Patent # 6125480

Use in Disaster Relief, Hurricane and Earthquake preparedness, and other situations where a sanitation situation may occur
www.bumperdumper.com...

Des

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I havn't seen that one before
I can imagine on my drive thru arizona towards mojave sitting outside on the bumper dumper with absolute silence. Where was it when I was doing a cross country from NY to CA

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

If I had one on the back of my Jeep. I'd strap a life-size mannequin onto the seat...drive through rush hour traffic in Atlanta.....just for giggles.....

Des

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
No problem getting a small portable toilet you can use in a camper trailer. We have one for the horse trailer. I'll have to look for the make and model, but it works well.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I don't know. How many people are going to break it down if they have all the canvas 'comfort of home' fittings? It looks interesting, I have to admit.

We bought an A-linerA-liner a few years ago. We really like it.

We wanted places to sleep, and maybe play a game if it's raining, but our reason for camping is to be outside as much as possible.

Our small portable toilet works well, and slides under a counter for storage.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Sandymuffins because: add toilet info

top topics

join