It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your go to sandwich?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I love tomato on my grilled cheese. I like experimenting with grilled cheese. It is a quick and easy yet tasty treat. I have put pickles on my grilled cheese with tomato and that too is pretty good.

I love making grilled cheese or french toast when I make my own bread and have left overs the next day. Nothing better than a sandwich on homemade bread!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
reply to post by mblahnikluver

That sounds yummy.
My favorite is a homemade meatball sub with melted mozzarella and thin slivers of red onion on a hoagie roll.

Mmmm meatball sub. Love those!

I will use my Italian bread that I make and then I'll make the red sauce and slow cook it with the meat balls then make a nice big meatball sub on my fresh bread. It is so good and pretty filling.

There use to be a place locally that made the best meatball subs and then one day they stopped carrying them. Besides my own they had the best subs.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If I make it myself, a grilled ham and cheese...preferably with some chicken noodle soup. (I love dipping the sandwich in the soup...don't know why).

I too like to dip my sandwiches in soups, it does taste good. I like to make a good chicken noodle soup. I let it slow cook all day then have it for dinner with a sandwich.

If I get one somewhere though..I love Subway's Turkey sub..the Italian Herb & Cheese Bread, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, green peppers, pickles, oil & vinegar, salt & pepper....yum.

The other go to one...a French Dip sub...oh yeah.

I usually go to the local grocery store's deli if I get a sub, they have the best ones. lol I usually get roast beef and I get it toasted. It is soooo good! I don't get them often because they are kind of expensive but they are worth it.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Okeyd57
Roast Beef is great, but there's one thing I like better. Meat Loaf with Miracle Whip on a homemade bun. I usually eat mayo, but it's not the same without the Miracle Whip.

MMM meatloaf sandwiches.

I have made a meatloaf sandwich but i use spicy deli mustard. Meatloaf sandwiches are darn good. I haven't had one in a while. Last time I made one I used my homemade bread that i made the night before. I toasted the sandwich in the oven too and melted cheese on it, it was so good. I might have to make this soon!

I am not a Miracle Whip person. I think it has to do with my moms friend who as a kid when she watched us made tuna fish with this and it was like soup. It was so gross lol She added onions to it and it was just bad. I am more of a mayo person
Whenever I go out and get a macaroni salad or tuna salad I always ask if they use mayo or miracle whip because there is a taste difference!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

That sounds delicious!

I make a sandwich at Thanksgiving time with the left overs. It's turkey (breast meat of course) the gravy from the dinner and it's on toasted rye bread. I love that sandwich. I think I ate one every day for over a week after thanksgiving. lol

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
reply to post by Hefficide

Gotta go with Heff...coming from the South, pulled barbecue pork sandwiches are to DIE for. I'm a barbecue nut, though...there isn't much that I won't put BBQ sauce on, but only the two Carolina BBQs: sweet tomato-based with honey and brown sugar, or the classic Carolina Gold!

I was never a fan of pulled BBQ pork until my old roommate made his. He smoked it for almost a day then made his own bbq sauce in the crock pot where he then continued to cook the pork till it fell apart. We had the sandwiches on my bread a couple times and on rolls from the bakery. My mom recently made some and we made sandwiches out of it and it was pretty good.

Croque-Monsieur - grilled ham and cheese (Emmental or Gruyère) on French bread and in mornay or béchamel sauce...and I like to add a tomato slice in mine (which technically makes it a croque-provençal)

Ok that sounds delicious. I LOVE all those ingredients and anything French gets my attention.
I will have to get some ham tomorrow and make this for lunch next week. I have everything else and I can make he sauce no problem. MMMM

Monte Cristo - same as a croque-monsieur except you dip it in egg batter and fry it, and you don't cover it in mornay or béchamel sauce...you sprinkle powdered sugar over it and serve it with raspberry jam

I have heard about these! I have never had one but i hear they are delicious. I haven't seen one on a menu lately but next time I jsut might have to try it.

Peanut Butter and Banana - white bread, peanut butter, banana slices, and maybe a touch of honey and cinnamon

OH YEA!!! I love pb and banana together! I like to toast my bread so the PB melts over the banana. OMG yum. Ok it's snack time and I think this is what I'll make.

Those are just a few favorites of mine...I, too, have engaged in sandwich promiscuity all of my life, hahaha...

One of my other favorite sandwiches it a fried bologna sandwich. I always use rye bread and add lettuce and tomato with some cheese. It is soooo good, most people think it's gross. lol When I was about 4 mths pregnant (6 mths now) I wanted these every day for lunch.

I prefer mostly roast beef, turkey or chicken as a sandwich. I am learning to like ham more esp since I found the new ham at the deli.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

OH I made these pastry desserts a couple weeks ago with crescent rolls with banana's and nutella.

I put about a tsp of nutella on each crescent roll then topped it with strawberries or banana's or both then wrapped the crescent roll into a little pocket. I then basted them with egg white and topped with powdered sugar. They were SOOOO good! Nutella is the bomb!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rimjaja

Originally posted by jcutler12888
reply to post by Kharron

Ooh, I LOVE Nutella! I've never tried it with banana, I bet it's delicious...I'll have to try it.

edit on 3/6/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

You have to try Nutella with sliced strawberries! Oddball combo but tastes divine!

Oh that is sooooo good! I love to cut up strawberries and then get a little dipping bowl of nutella and a fork! Oh the combo is the best.

This thread is making me hungry...way to go me!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
a cheese ploughmans on granary, with a scotch egg on the side.

What is this? I have not heard of this before. Is this something more seen where you live? I'm in the states, not sure where you are.

The roast beef sounds gooood.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckmyehuda
Those all sound awesome but no one mentioned the Hot Genoa Salami sandwich on rye with Keens spicy mustard... classic... i reserved my first ever post on ATS for this.... its that good

I love salami sandwiches
MMMM esp with spicy mustard. I haven't heard of Keens. I will have to see if they have it at our grocery store.

Woohoo! First post, congrats

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

Thanks and congrats to you! I'm 26wks

I crave a lot of things I don't normally eat. I have been wanting steak, a lot. I never cared for steak and didn't make it myself. I would usually go to a steak house if i wanted a steak. However over the last almost 2mths I want steak a lot over my usual chicken! I have bought all kinds of steak cuts and have had a blast with the recipes. I'm making a sirloin roast tonight stuffed with garlic/herb goat cheese and fresh spinach. That should be good

I am having a boy and this is my first. Most of my cravings have been fruit, esp strawberries. I haven't been into sweets all that much unless it involves Nutella with strawberries or in pancakes
I want veggies a lot too mostly green beans and asparagus. I havent' had any crazy cravings really just the steak thing since i wasn't a big steak eater before.

I think I even made a thread on pregnancy cravings lol

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

I make it myself,

I used to work in a French rest. Where we made things from scratch when I was going school, so now IM not afraid to try anything and got a good set of skills under my belt ta boot ^^ and going to art school just helps the creativity lol. If your ever in R.I hit me up ill make yah some lunch and we can talk aliens lol ^^

p.s i need at least 4-6 hours notice for roast beef ^^

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

I'm not afraid to try anything either...I like experimentation, LOL. I love trying new things and mixing stuff up that I've never had before. If I make it to Rhode Island one day, I'll definitely hit you up and see what you can throw together.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

hehe that would be cool, never met a REAL person from ats ,

i was actually thinking a couple days ago about renting a funtion hall and inviting peeps from ats and having like a costume/ bbq cook off or something. im old skoo i like to see real people once in a while with like minded interests hehe.

we could have cook offs or something to keep the price down and this time of year hotels are cheap up here. and newports just getting nice this time of year ^^

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thanks, man.

My go-to sandwich is grilled cheese. So, you just made me crave one.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
The turkey left-over sandwich !

Fresh Bread - I like a good Italian bread for this sandwich, not to dry and not to moist, kinda springy!
Thinly sliced turkey - lots and lots
lettuce - nice and crispy, most any kind will do
Tomato - Firm, let the slices drain slightly before using
Sharp Cheddar - Oh yeah
Potato Chips - On the sandwich
Pepper - to taste

served with a good hot cupa tea and a side of very tangy crisp pickle spears.

repeat as necessary !

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
White baguette with iceberg lettuce, small pieces of white onion (as that's the only salad i like)
then i make a little fajitaish type sauce that i dip sliced chicken breast in and fry it a little

Simple but really the best sandwich i ever had, even if i do say so myself! :p

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join