It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your go to sandwich?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Not a big meat eatter, but once in a while a Patty Melt cooked rare with american cheese makes my tummy tickle.

Peanut butter and banana samiches, now that to me is the best comfort food by far.

Just to add Peanut butter and apple is good too.

edit on 7-3-2013 by crappiekat because: too add

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It's either, roast beef and horseradish on white or a cheese ploughmans on granary, with a scotch egg on the side.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Unimaginative i am afraid but for a go to sandwich, it is cheese and ham every time. Preferably on a breadstick but i am not fussy!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
It's either, roast beef and horseradish on white or a cheese ploughmans on granary, with a scotch egg on the side.

Scotch egg? Bluuuurrrghhhhhhh................(sorry, that was just me vomiting everywhere). They just taste........manky.........

Still, each to their own.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Scotch egg? Bluuuurrrghhhhhhh................(sorry, that was just me vomiting everywhere). They just taste........manky.........

Still, each to their own.

To be honest since the horse meat scandal, the scotch egg becomes less appealing, unless its bought from the local farm shop, with some nice English mustard, can't go wrong.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

It is the texture for me. It just brings a lump to my throat, and not in any kind of endearing way! Mind you, i hate eggs so no surprise there.

Love the horsemeat reference but in all seriousness it does make you wonder doesn't it? Scotch Eggs do seem the sort of thing they would use dirt cheap meat in (except from farm shops).

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Okeyd57
Roast Beef is great, but there's one thing I like better. Meat Loaf with Miracle Whip on a homemade bun. I usually eat mayo, but it's not the same without the Miracle Whip.

This.

Meatloaf always tastes better as a leftover at least one day later. Agreed, Miracle Whip is the key.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rimjaja
First would be pastrami on lightly toasted rye. No cheese, lots of mayo.

Second would be chewy bacon on lightly toasted rye. No cheese, lots of mayo.

When I am pregnant, it is a fried egg sandwich with a tiny amount of ketchup.

Can't Stand any cheese on sandwiches unless it happens to be a grilled cheese.

Pastrami with MAYO? That's blasphemous. Must be Gulden's Spicy Brown mustard.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thanks a lot. It's 10 am and now I'm starving, I knew I should have stayed away from this thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSpeech

Thanks a lot. It's 10 am and now I'm starving, I knew I should have stayed away from this thread.

I disagree, it is 3:01 PM.

Had my butties (cheese and ham) and now whiling down the hours until dinner........num num num..........

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

I don't know But by chr*st it made me Furious I almost went hyper-turbo-psycho-Nazi-postal on their a$$e$

It was about 10 times hotter then Carolina Gold Spicy Hot, BBQ Sauce

Dick smith BBQ Sauce was so spicy it made my stomache acid taste like sweet meaty water!

edit on 7/3/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Those all sound awesome but no one mentioned the Hot Genoa Salami sandwich on rye with Keens spicy mustard... classic... i reserved my first ever post on ATS for this.... its that good

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Leftover roast turkey with Miracle Whip, salt and black pepper.

Sardine, onion and hot sauce is a close second.

Scotch eggs are ok, but I don't like the yolks in a hard boiled egg.
edit on 7-3-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I want to come to lunch at your house!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

First, my congrats to you & your family on your little one's upcoming arrival! I'm expecting as well so naturally I am drawn to food topics in particular, ha,ha! Just going into the second-tri so all the more interested in my case. Especially since I dislike breakfast other than oatmeal, granola, yogurt, and things that are getting blander over time. Thus, I often have b'fast for lunch, and repeat it over again later in the day! Lol

Now, back on track..here are my current choices:

1). The Stogie:

Pumpernickel bread
Turkey thinly sliced
Bacon, very crispy
Provolone cheese

Heat, grill, or press on grill very well

Add just a bit of mayo and only decent ripen tomatoes

2). Homemade chicken salad pita;

(All cut, cubed, or diced)

Chicken breasts
Grapes
Almonds
Celery
Just a dab of spring/green onion
A bit of mayo--shouldn't need much if you use quite a bit of chicken broth w/cooking chicken
Salt, pepper to taste

Heat authentic Arabic pitas to warm them--they have less additives as far as I (& my stomach can tell)

Stuff with chick salad, add sprouts, diced tomatoes.

//// I could ramble on & on with more of my various cravings, but I think it's safe to say this one's a girl as I only craved other things w/ my boys.

PS- I also am loving organic blue corn chips and fruit and soup

Thanks to all for their ideas in this thread....BBQ now sounds great, eggs not so much , lol

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
sandwiches in australia, are small and basic, from what ive seen on man vs food, i would kill for one of those massive sandwiches! with the LOT

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ahhhh man, My go to sandwich! So many choices.....Some days I will eat a sandwich for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm known as the sandwich king, some of my creative sandwich creations have blown my mind. I need to start naming them.

A perfectly fried egg, on a perfectly toasted sourdough English muffin with melted sharp cheddar, A thinly sliced piece of good ham lightly fried, or some pepper bacon. A thin slice of tomato and red onion, fresh cracked pepper, a couple baby spinach leaves, mayo mixed with tapitio hot sauce. Best foods mayo only please.

I could probably eat 3 or 4 of em.

Miracle Whip is unholy, and should be abolished to the firery depths of hell where it belongs!

GROSS!
edit on 7-3-2013 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

I didn't even know a government could take a food off of the shelves unless it was contaminated with something. That sucks, dude.

I never eat spicy sauces, only sweet...Carolina Sweet (which is tomato and molasses based with honey and brown sugar) and Carolina Gold (mustard based with honey) are both sticky sweet and I LOVE THEM. Something about sweet added to savory...it's the best for me!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
corned beef (bully beef) sliced brown onion (hot) and lashings of hot english mustard on a good quality wholemeal bread, usually with a glass of water or cordial.

when they are fresh from the garden i will also put thinly sliced raddish on it

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I forgot to add this to my short list of favorites!

Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich - open faced sandwich of turkey and bacon on white bread, covered in Mornay sauce and either baked or broiled until the bread is crisp and the sauce begins to brown; I like mine best with a slice of tomato on top and/or with mushrooms occasionally

I've seen a couple of people list their recipes for sauces and dressings to go with their sandwiches. Does anyone have any particularly good and original sauce/dressing recipes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join