It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US aid to Israel could dodge sequester to compensate Pentagon cuts'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+113 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Even with all the cuts that have been proposed, the Israeli lobbyists are doing their best to make sure they don't lose out on any of their welfare money.

With the sequester about to take a big bite out of the Pentagon's budget, the American-Israel Political Affairs Committee (AIPAC) is lobbying Congress to exempt US military aid to Israel, reports "The New York Jewish Week" correspondent Douglas Bloomfield, a AIPAC chief lobbyist for ten years, and now an independent consultant.

"The New York Jewish Week" says that AIPAC will send thousands of its citizen lobbyists, who are participating in its annual policy conference, which begins on Sunday, to Capitol Hill on Tuesday to promote the organization's agenda, including exempting US military aid to Israel from the sequester.

www.globes.co.il...

'US aid to Israel could dodge sequester to compensate Pentagon cuts'

I know that Israel is a major strategic ally to the United States but this is just ridiculous. Americans should come first but since Washington DC is full of "Israel firsters" AIPAC may succeed in their attempts to keep the gravy train flowing.

Most Americans are probably angry at how their government is handling things, especially since even their own war vets are not getting the treatment they have earned and deserve.

There is so much that is wrong with this picture. The United States needs to stop unconditionally supporting Israel and start supporting it's own citizens. My government (Canadian) are guilty of this too but the aid we send is far less in comparison but we have plenty of "Israel firsters" such as Stephen Harper and John Baird.

Anyways, I thought I would get this news out there so perhaps my American friends can contact their representatives and voice their concern.
edit on 3/4/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: Adjust title

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I swear that a civil war is the only way Americans will actually see who's in charge of them.

Maybe when the foreign ships port...nah, they'll be spun as "allies" carrying "loveguns".

+25 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Thankfully from what I have seen a large majority of Americans are waking up to the Israeli influence on US policy but regardless of this shift in consciousness they are still powerless due to the stranglehold these lobbies have on the policy makers.

Sadly a revolutions would be the only way to end this craziness.

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
they're also releasing a boatload of cash to egypt.

If we're hard up for cash we should not be making "donations" to anyone other than ourselves.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I certainly agree. Any government should make sure their citizens are taken care of first before they start donating mass amounts of money to nations who are not even that friendly. I know there are strategic reasons for these donations, but in my opinion it does not justify leaving your own citizens suffer while you give money to regimes who for the most part truly dislike you.

Another example is Pakistan. Pakistan receives large amounts of American aid but if they were to stop delivering that aid I am confident that Pakistan would be less helpful in allowing US entrance into Afghanistan via their corridors.

I am still dumfounded as for why Israel has received so much aid for such a long time though.

That will never make sense to me even though I have a pretty good idea why it happens.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
And is anyone surprised? The military cuts being made under sequester are by far the biggest cuts out of the budget, but the military budget is only like 19% of the entire budget. Why cut aid to Israel, or Egypt when we can cut the military (who by the way despite what people believe is already in bad shape), and they can cut things like the Blue Angels, and spend more money retraining their pilots than they saved in cuts.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I can only think of one reason why Israel and Egypt get funds when we can't pay the rent back home.

We're cutting military spending which would mean that any kind of military actions would need to be incredibly essential as the undertaking is extremely costly. So, with the white house cash strapped, who is going to take care of Iran?

Israel. So we give her some money.

But, wait, if we do that, and other Arab nations cry foul, who will stand up for Israel and diffuse the potential backlash?

Egypt will, if we give them money.

The only thing I can think of is bribes and hush money on an epic scale.

Israel will then use that money to purchase the tools required to remove Iran's reactors. Egypt will turn a blind eye, leading other Arab nations because, for the most part, other than Syria, Iran is lacking in the ally department anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Interesting. Sounds very plausible.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
But, wait, if we do that, and other Arab nations cry foul, who will stand up for Israel and diffuse the potential backlash?

Egypt will, if we give them money.

The only thing I can think of is bribes and hush money on an epic scale.

Israel will then use that money to purchase the tools required to remove Iran's reactors. Egypt will turn a blind eye, leading other Arab nations because, for the most part, other than Syria, Iran is lacking in the ally department anyway.

Egypt under the control of the Muslim Brotherhood, has already broken agreements with Israel, and leaders have openly called for Israel's destruction... Ahmadinejad recently met with the Egyptian leaders to discuss the threats of Israel. Giving Egypt money makes no sense at all, no matter how you look at it.

Israel already has the "tools" to deal with the Iranian nuclear threat, but does NOT have the backing of the current US administration, and for them to go it alone without that backing would be foolish.

IF there is a war in the region with Israel, the Muslim nations (less Saudi Arabia) would likely unite against Israel.

Israel is now surrounded by enemies and never more isolated in that their main ally (USA) may not "have their back" anymore.

If Israel lashes out against any Muslim countries in the region with military aggression, it could be the spark that will launch the long feared all out Arab Muslim/Israeli war, and could consume the region, may possibly be devastating for the region, and for Israel, as well as having major impact on the global economies because of possible disruption in oil shipments.

Where does the USA come into all of this?

Who's side are they going to be on?

Money isn't going to buy their way out of this one.
edit on 4-3-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yep. We are barrowing money from our granchildren for foreign aid. Sucks

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Egypt under the control of the Muslim Brotherhood, has already broken agreements with Israel, and leaders have openly called for Israel's destruction... Ahmadinejad recently met with the Egyptian leaders to discuss the threats of Israel. Giving Egypt money makes no sense at all, no matter how you look at it.

I wouldn't be so sure. It's amazing how 190 billion dollars can force someone to look the other way.

Hell, the US convinced the Israeli's to help produce knock off russian machine guns so that the cia could arm the mujhadeen in afghanistan during the russian occupation.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Oh how surprising. The Zionist lobby is influencing our government like always.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I wouldn't be so sure. It's amazing how 190 billion dollars can force someone to look the other way.

It's $190 Million, a tiny fraction of what we give Israel. I know it sounds like a lot, but it isn't.

Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood leadership's loyalties have not been tested yet, but they have openly called for the destruction of Israel.

I'll bet you, that if there is war with Israel and other Muslim countries in the region, Egypt will not look the other way, they wont be able to.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Screw that. Cut every single dollar of aid to Israel.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

So Israel might get to dodge sequester pains, yet thousands of violent illegal immigrants are being released onto our city streets from prison?

Makes perfect sense…if you’re a narcissistic maniac hell bent on pushing the NWO agenda and bringing America to its knees!

S&F

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here's an idea. Those online petitions that everyone has been seeing these past couple of months, why not use that? Have an online petition, nationwide, banning lobby groups in US politics. I do believe that you would get an awful lot of signatures on that one, lol. As well, doesn't the government have to reply to them after a certain number of signers?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yet Isreali children have been shown in customes of the World Trade Center buildings being hit by planes.

I'm so tired of the average American, I despise living in this country.

20 kids die in a school shooting, everyone freaks out. This nation celebrates their false-flag operation on us, and we send them aid money continually all the while our "economy" is "failing."

It's called lopsided spending.

Oh American Idol is on...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
A great exercise to evaluate prioritize spending; Cost vs Benefit.

It does not seem financially responsible to continue. When you are forced to tighten your budget, you are forced to reevaluate your spending habits to ensure you can maintain a proper level of living. Now either the US policy makers believe that continuing to hand out billions of dollars annually actually saves them money in the long run or someone really has the US’s in the palm of their hands.

How could you spend 1-2 billion dollars annually to better improve the country…..? That money could go a long way to assist those in difficult times, who are now going to be hit harder as a result of the austerity measures.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

This is unbelievable.... we need to list every single representative who supporters this measure. They can't be allowed to get away with this.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
For some perspective:

journalistsresource.org...#

To date, the United States has provided Israel $115 billion in bilateral assistance. It is currently the second largest recipient of aid worldwide, with Afghanistan now first.

The fiscal year 2013 budget request “includes $3.1 billion in Foreign Military Financing [FMF] for Israel and $15 million for refugee resettlement. Within the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Missile Defense Agency’s FY2013 budget request includes $99.8 million in joint U.S.-Israeli co-development for missile defense.”

More at the source.

If you read that page and can put it all together, Israel gets a huge amount from the USA in total.

Apparently Afghanistan gets even more than Israel, will they be faced with cuts?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join