It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey let's not read on a reading website welcome to reading rainbow~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What the heck is wrong with everyone? It's blatent within the first paragraph within the T&C that you are not to create a thread until you have contributed to the community with 20 posts! Not to mention the blatent SnF'n for individuals who don't READ the rules~ Really let's congratulate someone on not READING ON A READING BASED WEBSITE~ Now what the heck is going on with the one paragraph or lack there of sustenance in threads? Really one sentence??? AMAZING~ How about this..... Here's one video nothing else... AND GO~ REALLY!!! WOW I'm amazed when I see these threads getting SnF'd as if a pat on the back for posting NOTHING~ GIVING NOTHING~ This must be a joke~ I can't comprehend nor do I get the humor in instigating this behavior from members by SnF'n them. It's been rampant I've noticed from the start of February to NOW~ MARCH 1st 2013~ How about the nothing posts, just title~ You do know how to work a web browser don't you??? As if by some form of Fairy Magic your mouse button clicked on the post button without you inserting anything into your OPENING POST! HEY DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.... LET'S JUST SNF THIS PERSON ANYWAY~ For cryin out loud people WTH~ Common sense/Lack there of/blatent disregard or just plain stupidity? That's like pressing the red button that plainly states DO NOT TOUCH~ But you do it anyway and get congratulated on it.

It's not that they are posting threads before they should, as everyone here has something to say (And I want to hear these thoughts personally) but on a READING BASED WEBSITE there is a standard practice of rules and SnF'n people who don't follow the rules or even bother to read the first paragraph of the T&C is even more absurd and makes the members who have been here look even worse for doing such non-sense.

Now I have my own problem (Not the above stated) w/ T&C that I've been working on personally as when I detect passive aggressive behavior trying to instigate a threader whether myself or another member. I fight fire with fire and take an eye for an eye. IT'S RUDE I get it, (Take my ATS POINTS I can't take it with me anyway nor is it used for anything of value in the real world) i'm not perfect nor are any of you but atleast I'm not congratulating someone on for NOTHING!

Honestly the lack of Intelligence is staggering on this site at times with the above stated. Knock it off, it doesn't look cool, it's not funny, it's makes the members SnF'n the new member look even more ridiculous and childish on top of everything else. I want to keep going but for the sake of humanity dear Jebus grant me the strength~ Whatever belief system you have or don't have KNOCK OFF THE NON-SENSE~

With all the love in the world~

Sulaw

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If a picture is worth a thousand words a youtube vid is worth a million?

And a second line for which to abide by the great and mighty t&c.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

So, if I'm reading this correctly, you are over-all happy about the site and the user contributions?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Sure a video is worth a Million words, but doesn't share anything to do with the OP feelings in the matter and doesn't divulge his stance or why he's even posting in the first place. It's a nothing thread~

You don't have to abide by anything on this site especially T&C but it's what drives this site and what makes these MOD'S the so called best on the web. It's not hard to read you need 20 posts before creating a thread. It's right there infront of your face when your signing up, doesn't justify the SnF'n.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

LOL I'm happy with the contributions that are legitamate, not SnF'n new members who haven't followed the rules like the rest. To SnF new members before they should be is just ridiculous and show's they did not pay any attention before signing up to this website. The nothing posts are just annoying and amazes me when I see them and again people congratulating them via SnF as if they contributed something when nothing was given.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think people who create a thread like that are doing it specifically for stars and flags. Because they've learned over time that:

a) If I don't post this now, someone else will, and they will beat me to those s n f!

b) If they don't post this fast, people will rudely point out that its already been posted, and then get berated for being Sooooo stupid as to create a duplicate thread.

I've seen people very rudely point out a duplicate thread, even when that thread was posted within minutes of the other thread.

And those few minutes of difference *used* to be what you were describing: A thread with a thought behind the post. But because someone else already posted it, their thread gets closed, and the first post with just a video get s n f.

I've heard many say that this system has brought this site to not much more than Facebook posts looking for thumbs up.

I personally love duplicate threads. Many times I'll be reading a thread I've never seen before only to see someone post a link to an already existing one.

If it weren't for duplicate threads, there would have been tons of things I would have missed.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

I can definately understand where your going Cataka, I have seen this done and those posts that are within minutes or seconds of the original post, I can totally understand a duplicate post. Even I had the urge this morning when I heard about the Florida Man Bed Sinkhole Death I wanted to run to ATS and post it for the SnF's though It was already posted so I refrained. Then like a curtain dropping I see a duplicate post with a different title same content. I chuckled and read the thread anyway because I wanted to see if this thread had more info than that threader. Totally understandable.

I can't understand a Title only and nothing in the OP threads.... This might just be a conspiracy... But I don't understand members SnF'n a person who only bore a title and nothing more.... I went to post my original rant without a title and was 408/409'd so how do they post with no OP and just a title....... Weird at the very least.

Thank you guys and gals for letting me rant. It's appreciated.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This actually happened with me as well. As I was typing the meat of an OP i was beat by a few minutes on that topic. The other thread was a vid and not much else. The mod who closed my thread even said sorry

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

That's some BS pot pie right there. Honestly, do we have any mods looking at this thread I want an answer. In regards to these 1 vid or 1 link to a newsite SnF junkies, why do you give credit to the first one who posts when they lack a OP? And then you delete a thread that is better antiquated the preverbial "I'm sorry" doesn't substitute the fact that your pointing it up on someone who isn't validating any sort of response of there feelings and thoughts on the matter.

A 10 second posting difference (or whatever timing it is) and the first post always wins? IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!!

I understand rules are rules but the games being played with these threaders is re-d o n k u l o u s~

Can we veto the system and re-write T&C? Can I form a Petition stating that you need some sort of sustenance not just a Video or link to a website??? If I get enough flags and stars in a thread will that suffice?

Please advise~

top topics

join