It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty cool....helicopter blows deer trapped on ice to safety.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ever since i served in S. Armagh many years ago, i've always had a lot of respect for chopper pilots. It fascinated me the way they could throw something like that around, and be steady and precise when need be with such a big lump of flying metal.

Seeing this vid reminded me why i feel that way. The slightest foot wrong could have been a nasty end for this chopper, many wouldn't have bothered for an animal, but the pilot used his skills to great effect here.

Good thinking and great job done.

CX.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Now, that's pretty cool...no pun intended. It was realty sweet the way the other deer was trying to help. Who says animals don't have feelings?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I'm not trying to lessen this deed in any way, because it is quite spectacular, but this is not the first time I've seen this done. It's been awhile since I saw it before, and I can't remember much of the details. This one definitely took a lot more patience though. The one that I'm remembering was a much much smaller body of water.

I can't help but to try and imagine what the deer may have been thinking, "Oh great. As if I wasn't already having a very bad day. Now I gotta deal with this stupid giant bird coming over here to kick me while I'm down...........

..... Whoa Whoa Whoa!! What's goin on? Hmm. Hang on a sec. This may not be so bad after all...."

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Deers talking:

"So what happened man?"

"I don't know dude, I think I just had an alien encounter! This big UFO flew over me and used some kind of technology to push me off the ice. Aliens, it had to be aliens!"

"You're so full of it, aliens aren't real!"

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Wow, that is awesome.

Anyone with helicopter flight experience mind answering this question.

How hard is that what the pilot is doing? In controlling the helicopters height and speed, while slowly and steadily moving so as to be able to pull this off?

Because it looks really difficult and that pilot I'm guessing must be very very experienced to be able to pull that off and not endanger themselves or the deer in the process.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My faith in humanity isn't dead. Yet. I think by and large we actually LOOK for opportunities to prove we're still human. This is a good one. Move the foal with the displaced air. Not only effective but unintrusive. Smart.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Deer me that was amazing....s/f

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

This is great, and it is certainly a nice video to see considering all of the doom and gloom that I usually watch. Thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostmymarbles

For a talented pilot it was no work at all. Just a simple hover (if hovers can be called simple) and crab. I know pilots that can pick up six packs of beer with a skid tip ( :

CX

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by CX

Deer me that was amazing....s/f

Oh dear

CX.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Originally posted by Mamatus

.....I know pilots that can pick up six packs of beer with a skid tip

Bottle or can?
[color=989898](This may not be easy to believe, but that honestly is a serious question.)

I don't know exactly what a skid tip is. I'm just curious whether or not you mean that literally?

I never really thought about it before, but I have no doubts that Coast Guard & Military pilots would be required to go through some sort of specific training for picking up small objects.

I'd like to watch someone attempt to pick up a 6-pack that's on a log floating down a river. lol
edit on 2/28/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

copy / paste of my reply to the other thread :

no appologies for any offence that people will experience , but WTF ?

that is " feelgood interference " at its finest

animals live and die every day - get the hell over it

interfereing with a helicopter [ operating budget > $1500 / hour ] is madness

if the situation had been allowed to progress naturally - the doe might have lived - might have died - if it did die - wolves and carrion eaters would have enjoyed a feast [ which incidentally - may have made the diffrence between them living or dying ]

so stop sobbing " poor bambi " and get used to the realities of the real world

bottom line - using a helicopter to save a deer is fooking insane - let the deer live or die by its own fate - thousands more wild creatures live and die every day without our " intervention "

so let nature just get on with it

if you still insist on " doing something " - help your fellow man , or the animals and pets that have been harmed by deliberate action

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
That was pretty cool of the helo pilot to save that deer.

Hopefully some lucky hunter will be able to bag it later and feed on it.

Oh, and I totally agree with ignorant ape's post above! ^^^
edit on 1-3-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by CX

copy / paste of my reply to the other thread :

no appologies for any offence that people will experience , but WTF ?

that is " feelgood interference " at its finest

animals live and die every day - get the hell over it

if the situation had been allowed to progress naturally - the doe might have lived - might have died - if it did die - wolves and carrion eaters would have enjoyed a feast [ which incidentally - may have made the diffrence between them living or dying ]

bottom line - using a helicopter to save a deer is fooking insane - let the deer live or die by its own fate - thousands more wild creatures live and die every day without our " intervention "

so let nature just get on with it

if you still insist on " doing something " - help your fellow man , or the animals and pets that have been harmed by deliberate action

This was pretty much my exact same thought. Had it been a human or maybe I will even stretch it to a person's dog it would have been worth it. Totally agree with nature taking it's course.....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Although the pilot used skill to accomplish this amazing task, I see it as an unnecessary risk. Animals are much better at getting themselves to safety than we humans give them credit.

How do we know that the helicopter didn't, and it most likely did, stress the deer more than not being able to stand up on the ice?

Let nature be......

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This had nothing to do with saving a deer. It had everything to do with the pilot having some fun applying himself to a task.

CX

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

No sobbing here my friend, i just thought it was a cool vid, a nice thing to do and it breaks up some of the more serious and bizzare threads on the forum that i could mention.

bottom line - using a helicopter to save a deer is fooking insane

I feel the same about people who are stupid enough to venture out into ice and get themselves into difficulties. People should know better, young deer maybe won't.

There are plenty of examples of animals helping humans out, why not return it when the chance arises?

CX.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm thinking of a cool winter ride myself.

How about I sit on an innertube and have the helicopter push me across the lake?

Wonder how fast I could go?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What? They were out looking for deer to help? They were already there and it took a couple of minutes.

I see no problem aiding nature. We screw it up enough.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Animals don't lllike sex. While we human choose to use sex to stimulate and develop our brain. Original SIN is the beginning point to distinguish human and animal.

Better to love sex, It is crucial for human race. most important, the activity decide how our brain developed.

new topics

top topics

join