It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Fraudsters Selling Walnuts Filled With Cement

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
seems like a lot of work for very little profit. Counterfeit walnuts? really

I guess if you have the patience, you can sell the shelled walnuts, then resell the fake ones. But glue cost+time and labor+cement. I dunno seems alot of effort. Plus the risk is high.

imo, it'd be Better to do one huge scam, than many (in this case 100's of thousands) of smaller scams. But I'm probably wrong since I'm not a scam artest or forger/counterfeiter.

interesting videos though.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by Infi8nity

I don't trust the FDA, as I said in my OP they are in bed with Monsanto. But they still do some practical things, like test imports.

edit on 27-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

We thought the same in the UK - until we learned half of our beef is actually horse meat from Romania

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
seems like a lot of work for very little profit. Counterfeit walnuts? really

I guess if you have the patience, you can sell the shelled walnuts, then resell the fake ones. But glue cost+time and labor+cement. I dunno seems alot of effort. Plus the risk is high.

See what can be accomplished with cheap labor.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Oh boy, I guess when we pay premium prices for certain rice here in the US, we are just getting ripped off.

Sad.

Well that goes a long way to explain why I cannot seem to make rice as well as I once did.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Wow what a GREAT post. You should do a thread on this post. Kudos.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Looks like you need to read my thread about china.
Seriously I think 2 years ago three was exploding watermelons since theres been fake eggs, fake oil aka gutter oil fake milk, there's no morals at all in china, I've lived here for 6 years, nothing shocks me anymore. I heard recently about restaurants adding additives into their foods.

I do quality control here and am constantly looking Inferior goods when I ask the factory the reason, "no problems friend" and they don't do anything about it

I think the core is corruption, KFC chicken here is even found highly unsafe due to the chicken farms overdosing the chickens with soo much drugs,but these people responsible just get paid off and point the finger at someone else, this is the china I know.

edit on 28-2-2013 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
i rememner back home in croatia they would sell camcorders and other electronics filled with cement, but walnuts? thats some next level stuff lol

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

reply to post by wulff

So you want the US to be filled with toxic orange clouds?

No, use your head... I want to hear more outrage from people like Al Gore saying "we are doing our part so why don't you?" after all the product at the factory I was at was making products to be sold here in the USA!
Put pressure on the countries that we buy from that don't care about the environment!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wulff

reply to post by wulff

No, use your head... I want to hear more outrage from people like Al Gore saying "we are doing our part so why don't you?" after all the product at the factory I was at was making products to be sold here in the USA!
Put pressure on the countries that we buy from that don't care about the environment!

Put pressure on the Western corporations that don't care about the environment of less developed countries!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wulff

reply to post by wulff

No, use your head... I want to hear more outrage from people like Al Gore and hear him say "we (the USA) is doing our part so why don't you?" after all the product at the factory I was at was making products to be sold here in the USA!

I had to reword that for clarity but it was past the 4 hr time limit.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Please do not drink the Chinese Apple Juice

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
And to think, these people are the world's factory.

Let's hope their reliance on an export-based economy doesn't wane, otherwise we might be finding Gameboy hardware in our Alienware computers!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
It isnt that they are 'unscrupulous' per se', it is just that the Chinese government doesnt care to regulate and inspect business in general.

I am just glad the cement doesnt have any lead in it.
That would be unhealthy to children.

Cells were exposed to cement extracts or cultured in direct contact with cement dusts and the results obtained were compared to cells cultured in fresh medium. A dose-dependent decrease in viable cells was observed with all tested cements.

Different results were obtained in the cell-cement direct contact tests compared to the indirect contact tests performed using extracts. Inhibition of cell growth was associated in most cases with an accumulation of cells in the S-phase of the cell-cycle and the appearance of an apoptotic peak.

DNA strand breaks, assessed by comet test, and increase in the levels of 8-OHdG, an important marker of DNA oxidative damage, always occurred by incubating cells in the presence of cement extracts or dusts. However, after removal of cement, a rapid damage repair was generally observed with an almost complete recovery within 12 hours.

In conclusion, all cements analyzed in this study displayed a limited toxicity in vitro without significant differences amongst them. Overall, the results obtained indicate that cements should be treated as hazardous materials

Toxicology and Industrial Health

Lead poisoning isn't the half of it.

How about Chromosonal and DNA damage from exposure to cement?

A child or adult choking to death is also a danger.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thoiter

Well at-least it was real meat

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I've got a LOVELY bunch of COCONUTS...! Just goes to show what DIRE WAGES can do - it's actually financially viable to pay slaves to fill little nut-shells with cement and then glue 'em back together... Don't you just love UNFETTERED GLOBALISM?!?? NO!

In Victorian Britain the largest JAM manufacturer used WOOD-CHIP instead of seeds in it's 'raspberry' & 'strawberry' jam (jelly, sugar & mildly poisonous food colouring, more like) for years before they were found out - and I'm not even going to mention HORSE-MEAT (which I think's fine compared to US GM FED BEEF & MILK FULL OF B.G.H. et al)..
edit on 1-3-2013 by PrivateSi because: I grew up with Sinclair QL attached to a GREEN SCREEN monitor!

edit on 1-3-2013 by PrivateSi because: MINOR ERRORS..

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PrivateSi

In Victorian Britain the largest JAM manufacturer used WOOD-CHIP instead of seeds in it's 'raspberry' & 'strawberry' jam (jelly, sugar & mildly poisonous food colouring, more like) for years before they were found out

That's gross.

There was always this generic crunchy peanut butter my Grandmother would buy and I always though the "crunch: tasted like wood chips...maybe it actually was

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

If someone is dumb enough to eat the cement and paper after opening the walnut, not realizing it is fake... Then good riddance.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Horse meat is no big deal as long as the horse was healthy. It was sold in the US for many years

The horse meat was just a false labeling problem.

Now with Chinese cement you have a real problem as in china they use a lot of toxic waste oil to feed the burners of the cement plants. these oils have a lot of lead, chromium arsenic in them.plus you never know what else might have been added.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join