It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspiring Bond Villain? Lions,bears removed from Gangster's Property....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Lions, bears removed from gangster's property
Last Updated: Wednesday, February 27, 2013

BUCHAREST, Romania --

(AP) Authorities have removed four lions and two bears from the estate of a notorious Romanian gangster, who reportedly used them to threaten his victims.

Ion Balint was arrested Feb. 22 with dozens of others on charges of attempted murder, kidnapping, blackmail and possessing illegal weapons. In 2009, he was sentenced for human trafficking, violence and pimping.

Environmental authorities and the Vier Pfoten animal charity tranquilized the animals Wednesday, carried them on stretchers into cages and transported them to a zoo.

Dozens of bystanders gathered outside the estate's gates in Bucharest's slums.

Neighbors and relatives of Balint rejected reports from investigators who said he used the lions, which he had no permit for, to intimidate his victims. They said the 48-year-old Balint is simply an animal lover.

I just love strange news, and had to share this gem... Still no word on whether or he not he had some angry, mutated sea bass....

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks for sharing this and i agree.

Lets face it, if you are going to live this kind of lifestyle then you may as well go down the crazy as bat # route. If for no other reason than at least you appear authentic!

Not for me but if it was i think i would favour something out of left field, say cute and cuddly gerbils..........fitted with death rays.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Glad the scumbag has been put away...

And heres the video :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I hate to ask.....but I have to wonder, given the circumstances.

How many of those animals may need to be put down as they discover they have more than a passing knowledge of humans as a food group? I have a bad feeling he may have done more than merely threaten at least a couple times. After all, the threat is absurd .... unless proven to have meaning behind it. Then it would be a real tool of terror for a guy in his position.

Screw up? Well, you'll be invited over for dinner. Whose dinner will be determined when you get there.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Did they rescue the cat?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It does seem to quite a popular choice for criminals of a certain level - by that i mean at least you seem to read about it quite regularly these days. Escobar started the vogue didn't he?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I suppose, if we can put aside the disgust and revulsion of being eaten alive for just a moment..if we ever can...

It's one heck of a flashy and memorable way to enforce discipline across a criminal organization. I'd imagine it's like herding cats but with criminals, the cats are tigers and panthers. Indeed...Very creative.

Now, if they determine he HAS fed people to any of those animals, I say they feed HIM to the same animal before, sadly, it would need put down. I don't know other ways of handling predator species that already have the taste of human blood as a food source. Too dangerous after that ..... but hey, even a death row inmate gets a last meal, right?

Give the bear or lion it's last meal. It's previous owner.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The animals look in very good condition

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
The animals look in very good condition

I bet the chow was pretty cheap...

new topics

top topics

join