It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says: Not obligated to allow gay propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hello ATS'ers! I read this news on my phone this afternoon and i kinda agree with Russia.
I'm not a gay-hater. Even though i think it's wrong they can do whatever they want with their life, because we live in a free world and everybody can live how they choose to. However i don't aprove that there needs to be a gayparade and whatsoever. The same way i don't want muslims or christians to hold a parade. They can keep their believes to themselves and don't need to bother other people with it who are not interested in that way of living. I think what Russia's minister said is a good thing. He let the homosexuals and other sexual orientated people live how they want to live as long as they don't push their way of life on to other people with different oppinions.

What does ATS think about this? And it's not just about homosexuals it's about people forcing their way of live onto you. Live and let live.

The Article...

...Russia's foreign business minster Sergey Lavrov had a meeting with the foreign business minister Timmermans of The Netherlands. Basically Russia's minister said: We are not obligated to anyone to allow homosexual propaganda. There's a new law underway in Russia that states propaganda by homosexuals is against the law and will be punishable. The Netherlands minister said that the new law can be attacking fundamental values. Lavrov then said: homosexuals are free to do what they want in Russia. However Russia has it's own religious, historical and moral values. He then warned against 'another type of discrimination when a group of civilians get the right to promote their own values in a aggressive manner that goes against the values who are being shared with the majority of the people and their children'.

The article then states that minister Timmermans wants more approval for gays, lesbians, transgenders and bisexuals and that people stop criminalizing them. He also wrote that he is worried about Russia's stand against these people.

Here's the link but it's in Dutch. www.volkskrant.nl... ml

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
it's not about promoting anyones values, it's about celebrating who we are individually. We should be allowed to choose to celebrate who we are anywhere we are. Any laws to the contrary offend God. BTW though if you don't get your right to celebrate we in Canada support people's right to live how they choose. Come on over eh. lol. As long as you aren't infringing on anyone else's right to live we will get along just fine.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

English article:

Gay Propaganda Ban is NOT a Human Rights Infringement

Russia's policies are changing recently and going away from freedom, IMO. Restricting free expression because they don't agree with it is becoming more and more acceptable there.

Originally posted by Annunak1
However i don't aprove that there needs to be a gayparade and whatsoever. The same way i don't want muslims or christians to hold a parade.

It depends on what country you are in. In the US, ALL of the above are protected by the first Amendment of the Constitution. It doesn't matter if you approve or not. This is a free country.

They can keep their believes to themselves

I don't understand how that's "live and let live". If someone has beliefs, and wants to voice them, but you approve a "ban" on that, then you're not "letting live"...

I think what Russia's minister said is a good thing. He let the homosexuals and other sexual orientated people live how they want to live as long as they don't push their way of life on to other people with different oppinions.

He IS pushing his beliefs on other people. You're being hypocritical in your statements. Heterosexual people are constantly talking about their lives, their "wife" or "husband", the children they have... Being overtly heterosexual.

You are anti-gay, whether you realize it or not. Banning gay people from having parades, while allowing other groups to have parades is, by definition, "anti-gay".
edit on 2/26/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The topic really is a dilemma. Don't matter what country you are in there is always a group who doesn't feel welcome there. Sometimes i wish i just lived on my own on a island far away from people.
It's not parades that i don't like. Don't get me wrong people should express themselves but sometimes it's just over the top. Like muslim men walking around in a dress and the women covered from top to toe. And the gay-parades where people walk around almost butt-naked and acting nasty in public.

Looks like the world is turning into Soddom and Gomora again....

If we didn't have religion we didn't have ( most part of the homosexuals ) in my opinion. Because religion is telling you what is wrong and right and people get curious and start exploring or it's because they don't approve with their religion and piss it off by being gay. For the other part i don't know. I already hear the Homosexuals are born that way come running to this thread.

But that's not what this topic is about. It's about the boundaries of pushing your believes on other people.

However i stick with my opinion and that is Russia is right to put a law on gay propaganda. Now they just need a law to ban religion and we can all live normal and in peace.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Annunak1

English article:

Gay Propaganda Ban is NOT a Human Rights Infringement

Russia's policies are changing recently and going away from freedom, IMO. Restricting free expression because they don't agree with it is becoming more and more acceptable there.

Originally posted by Annunak1
However i don't aprove that there needs to be a gayparade and whatsoever. The same way i don't want muslims or christians to hold a parade.

It depends on what country you are in. In the US, ALL of the above are protected by the first Amendment of the Constitution. It doesn't matter if you approve or not. This is a free country.

They can keep their believes to themselves

I don't understand how that's "live and let live". If someone has beliefs, and wants to voice them, but you approve a "ban" on that, then you're not "letting live"...

I think what Russia's minister said is a good thing. He let the homosexuals and other sexual orientated people live how they want to live as long as they don't push their way of life on to other people with different oppinions.

He IS pushing his beliefs on other people. You're being hypocritical in your statements. Heterosexual people are constantly talking about their lives, their "wife" or "husband", the children they have... Being overtly heterosexual.

You are anti-gay, whether you realize it or not. Banning gay people from having parades, while allowing other groups to have parades is, by definition, "anti-gay".
edit on 2/26/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)
I get what you're saying, but I don't think the OP is being hypocrtical. Of course people talk about their husbands,wives, and children. It's normal and natural, and if it wasn't wasn't for a mom and a dad, none of us would be here, including gay people. And that's not to say gay people are abnormal, because they are people too, and should be treated as such, but heterosexualiy is the norm in most civilizations. And I've never,ever saw a heterosexual pride parade. People tend to take pride in things that are ridiculous to even be proud of, such as skin color or sexuality. I'm hetero, but I wouldn't say I'm proud of it, it's just how I am wired, and I like it, but it's nothing to have a parade about.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Exactly we don't need a parade for anything. Especially one where man walk around with there asses out and making out like it's the end of the world. There's kids walking on the streets yaknow, they might be traumatized for life

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
Of course people talk about their husbands,wives, and children. It's normal and natural,

Being gay is "normal and natural", too. It's been happening since recorded history and it's found in the animal world.

And I've never,ever saw a heterosexual pride parade.

There's one in San Paulo, Brazil. Besides, have you seen strip bars? Wet t-shirt contests? Beauty contests? Have you heard of DOMA? These are all public and legal expressions of heterosexuality and heterosexual pride.

People tend to take pride in things that are ridiculous to even be proud of, such as skin color or sexuality.

If you had been oppressed, legally, for centuries, shamed and publicly humiliated for being who you are, then you might understand why some people are saying, "I will no longer be ashamed of who I am. I will be PROUD of who I am. And I will show you that I am just as deserving and worthy of all good things life has to offer! You will not shame me any longer!"

It's a response to oppression. Just as women burned their bras, gay people will not be hushed or forced back into the closet.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by poloblack
Of course people talk about their husbands,wives, and children. It's normal and natural,

Being gay is "normal and natural", too. It's been happening since recorded history and it's found in the animal world.

And I've never,ever saw a heterosexual pride parade.

There's one in San Paulo, Brazil. Besides, have you seen strip bars? Wet t-shirt contests? Beauty contests? Have you heard of DOMA? These are all public and legal expressions of heterosexuality and heterosexual pride.

People tend to take pride in things that are ridiculous to even be proud of, such as skin color or sexuality.

If you had been oppressed, legally, for centuries, shamed and publicly humiliated for being who you are, then you might understand why some people are saying, "I will no longer be ashamed of who I am. I will be PROUD of who I am. And I will show you that I am just as deserving and worthy of all good things life has to offer! You will not shame me any longer!"

It's a response to oppression. Just as women burned their bras, gay people will not be hushed or forced back into the closet.
I'm black, and I'm proud of who I am as a person, not because I'm straight or black. Nothing wrong with having pride in oneself for one's accomplishments as a person, but being gay or straight is no accomplishment, my friend. And The Women's Lib Movement and all that bra burning crap was funded by T he Rockefeller Foundation for the sole purpose of undermining the family structure. No disrespect intended, but your logic has many holes. I, personally, don't care what consenting adults do in their bedroom, but I'm not running around yelling to the world ''I'm straight and I'm proud!'' Makes no sense, but I respect your opinion. And another thing, straight guys aren't the only ones that frequent strip clubs and attend wet T-shirt contests...lesbians love 'em and no one treats them any different.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
During the 2012 Presidential election it infuriated me so how the issue seemed to be the only thing on so many people's radars. I think it is perfectly fine if you are homosexual, but there are much more #ing important issues with this country and when a very large portion of the electorate get tunnel vision on this one (non-)issue they are blind to the real problems. The issue was and is used as a political tool and it makes me mad and it makes me sad.

edit on 26-2-2013 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

join