It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria says it's ready for talks with armed rebels

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by DarknStormy

You are someone who refuses to accept realities and by right I should simply ignore you, but for the sake of the thread, I will reply.

If watching MSM is refusing reality then I'm proud of myself.

You claimed others were responsible for the slaughters of the Free Syrian People.

You only claim what you hear, not what you have learnt on your own.

But do you have an evidences? None.

Refer to the above post

What IS TRUE is that the HumanSlayer Assad is the HEAD OF STATE, responsible and is IN CONTROL of security and defences. In the wake of the atrocities, WHAT had he done? Had he investigated those crimes, sought for peace and goodwill?

So you think Assad should send his troops into rebel held areas asking questions or something? The only answer they will get is a bullet and then a beheading gift wrapped to their relatives.

None. He only FURTHER authorised and sent his war machines to SLAUGHTER HIS OWN CITIZENS in Homs and soon, EVERY province in Syria except for his own clan and supporters. What does that tell you?

The SAA helped Palestinians, Christians who were gettin slaughtered by the Extremists. What does that tell you?

Cut trying to fool others here. ATS are not all fools as you think they are with your constant and consistant support for Khameni and Assad.

I'm not trying to fool anyone, a lot of people can see that both sides are as bad as each other. You are fooling yourself by thinking that Assad is the sole cause of what has happened in Syria. The way you go about things, All the rebels are peace keepers/Humanitarian workers or something.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

I think everyone gives too much credit to the Muslim Brotherhood for acting like moderates (for now). We'll see how moderate they really are and what their true intentions are in Egypt. If the Muslim Brotherhood survives in Egypt, I think we're going to see them turn extreme and become a real threat to themselves ( by turning into another Syria) and to Iran. If the MB wants their caliphate, they're going to have to turn extreme at some point in time.

People who know the Muslim Brotherhood, or any of it's members, know they are anything BUT "moderate". That claptrap is designed for public consumption by propagandists, for dissemination through the MSM. I wouldn't say it's a matter of them turning extreme so much as it is a matter of them opening the closet door and showing the whole world what's already there, rather than trying to hide it and put pretty lipstick on it.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ofcourse they'll be ready now

First, the question as per who just re-armed the rebels?.
LINK1

Second, the influx of new weapons that helped the rebels.
LINK2

Third, the hezbollah takes precautions within their party as they weaken their syrian government support.
LINK3

Fourth, this map is as of January 2013.
LINK4

Fifth, the ME region is concerned about the new triangle (US, Saudi, Israel).
LINK5

Sixth, now we have yet more news and confirmation of help from the Saudis.
LINK6
edit on 26-2-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Israel getting nervous again

Theres no evidence of any foreign influence let alone weapons heading into Syria..

JERUSALEM -- Israel is closely monitoring the kinds of weapons that are being sent to Syrian rebel groups, and it’s consulted with U.S. officials about which weapons they consider too sophisticated to be passed to the groups that are battling to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad, according to Israeli officials with knowledge of the situation.

They can't be talking about foreign weapons could they? I thought we only dealt with humanitarian aid these days..

“We don’t want any weapons to fall into the wrong hands and potentially further endanger the Syrian people, our ally Israel or the United States," Carney said. He later repeated the comment about danger to Israel, reinforcing that the concern had played a role in Obama’s decision.

Israel has been largely silent on its concerns about developments in Syria, and the second military officer said that was unlikely to change, especially about its concerns that weapons shipments to the rebels might be turned on Israel one day. He said officials worried that any public expression of concern would upset Israel’s efforts to improve relations with Turkey, one of the most vocal supporters of the anti-Assad forces. Many weapons shipments bound for the rebels are thought to cross into Syria from Turkey. Saudi Arabia and Qatar reportedly are the primary financiers of those shipments.

Well that certainly surprised me.. I wonder what else I can find in this one article.

"Israel isn’t going to interfere and stop weapons shipments to the rebels at this point, but it wants to make sure it knows what they have," said an Israeli military official who agreed to discuss the matter with McClatchy only on the condition of anonymity because he wasn’t authorized to discuss it publicly.

Another military official who also asked not to be identified, for the same reason, acknowledged that Israel is concerned that the pressure to assist the rebels will result in weapons going to al Qaida-linked militants that have proved to be the anti-Assad forces’ best fighters.

So the oppositions best fighters come from the terrorist groups.. Lovely. Maybe Israel should be concerned since these Jihadists have clearly stated that when they are finished in Syria, they are heading East.. So much for no evidence.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by hp1229

Theres no evidence of any foreign influence let alone weapons heading into Syria.

Precisely. Thats the beauty of the triangle. Ofcourse they have to show their concerns

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well this has been a lively discussion.
Thanks to everybody for keeping it civil and on topic.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

The transcript talks about most of these wars or conflicts being proxies for colonial powers such as the U.S. and Russia. TRUE! Iraq and Afghanistan being for geo-political reasons. And, so true what is said about us arming and manipulating conflicts and then there being a backlash later (Osama Bin Laden). If only more people in the "developed world" would wake up.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well Well Well

The Obama administration is moving toward a major policy shift on Syria that could provide rebels there with equipment such as body armor and armored vehicles, and possibly military training, and could send humanitarian assistance directly to Syria’s opposition political coalition, according to U.S. and European officials.

The administration has not provided direct aid to the military or political side of the opposition throughout the two-year-old conflict, and U.S. officials remain opposed to providing weapons to the rebels.

LINK

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl14
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

The transcript talks about most of these wars or conflicts being proxies for colonial powers such as the U.S. and Russia. TRUE! Iraq and Afghanistan being for geo-political reasons. And, so true what is said about us arming and manipulating conflicts and then there being a backlash later (Osama Bin Laden). If only more people in the "developed world" would wake up.

They suck at playing proxy war, then! The whole idea of using proxies is to NOT use your OWN troops - they're doing it wrong, then, and truly suck at it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Well Well Well

The Obama administration is moving toward a major policy shift on Syria that could provide rebels there with equipment such as body armor and armored vehicles, and possibly military training, and could send humanitarian assistance directly to Syria’s opposition political coalition, according to U.S. and European officials.

The administration has not provided direct aid to the military or political side of the opposition throughout the two-year-old conflict, and U.S. officials remain opposed to providing weapons to the rebels.

LINK

And people wonder why the Muslims have a hard time fighting the extremists by themselves, and hate the US.

edit on 2013/2/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

...US plots to arm Syrian rebels with Muammar Gaddafi leftovers ....

...President Barack Obama authorised clandestine CIA support earlier this year and both the US and Britain have had special forces and intelligence officers on the ground for some time.

....THE US is launching a covert operation to send weapons to Syrian rebels for the first time as it ramps up military efforts to oust President Bashar al-Assad.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

one never knows what happens under the umbrella of "CIA support"

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join